I need some battledome help please.

Rae

Hey guys! I'm Rae. I have never fought in the battledome, ever. And I've been playing Neopets on and off for 9 years now. I've been waiting until I was ready to start going for the battledome avatars to start training my pets, which ended up being quite a disadvantage during this part of the plot. I managed to beat some of the lower level wraith's simply because I had more HP than it did, but I couldn't beat any of the harder wraiths.

Sooo I would like some help please. Obviously going to the academy and ninja school or whatever is where I would go to train my pets. But what are some weapons I should invest in? I figure if there is going to be fighting for the plot, I might as well start going for some battledome avatars now while I'm at it. I have a good amount of neopoints, but I would prefer if the weapons weren't all one time use weapons. That's kind of a waste of neopoints IMO. Also, should I start working on my pets endurance or level first.

Thanks in advance guys. I have no idea what I'm doing, but now's as good a time as any to start learning :)

When training your pets, it is best to try to max out their important stats (Strength, Defence, Endurance) before moving onto the next level category. Each of these stats can be trained to twice your pet's level. At the Pirate Academy, the level categories are 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, and 31-40. Since they progressively take longer and are more expensive, before moving to level 11, it makes more sense to train all your other stats to 20. Since you can also get random boosts (of stats increasing by more than one at the completion of training) at the schools, you should probably train your level to around 9 or so and max out your stats to twice your level (18) because otherwise you may get a random boost that puts you past level 10, which you were aiming for, to 11 or higher which would require you to pay more and it would take longer. If your pet has strength 20 and is level 10, you are allowed to trian strength to 21, but then you would have to raise your pet's level to 11 before any other training can be done.

As far as weapons are concerned, my battledome set (which is relatively cheap and very effective) includes 2 Scarab Rings, 2 Golden Compasses, a Leaf Shield, and a Greater Healing Scroll. Scarab Rings are a must for new battlers since they do 6 icons and have solid defence, all for under 5k. Golden Compasses are an upgrade to this since they do 9 icons and also block some dark icons. A Leaf Shield has pretty good defence, and it blocks earth icons, which tend to come up often. The Greater Healing Scroll heals your pet 50 HP, which can really come in handy.

You also should get faerie abilities. These you get by using a bottled faerie on your pet, and they can be extremely helpful. Some of the most important abilities are Diamond Dust, Drain Life, Sink, and Burrow, which you can use to freeze your opponent, lower their HP while increasing yours, or block lots of icons.

As a general comment, using Fierce Attack increases both your damage and your opponent's damage by the same ratio. If you use a pet ability, (like Hissi Squeeze, etc.) then it only increases your attack, so it's a better option.

Any other things you want to know? :)

(As a side note, don't bother training Agility, since it's only really useful for one weapon, and you can't even use that weapon in plots anyway)

*cough* Few fixed to the above post and you'll be very good to go.

HP (Endurance) can be trained to 3 times your level, however, before you can train any other stat, your level has to be half of your HP.

I recommend that you either train to the max (3x level), or up to 2x of the next stopping point in the training. This saves your time and NPs even further.

In addition to the weapons the above post mentioned, I recommend downsize very greatly. I can be used once in a battle, and it halves all damage dealt to you in that turn. Also, getting a good freezer is a must. Either get one of the better cheap Frost Cannons, or Snowglobe Staff.

As in to Stances (Fierce Attack etc.), they enhance the damage you and your opponent deal: Defend lessens the damage of both by 20%, while Cautious Attack does not enhance eithers damage. (You shouldn't use Cautious Attack in any situation, because you can use a Faerie Ability/Species Attack to do something else, because they use Cautious Attack aswell)

The other attacks between Cautious attack and Fierce Attack are also quite worthless: They add the damage both of you take, but you either want to hit hard, or you don't, such these have very few uses. Fierce Attack enhances the damge by 40%, and this should be used in conjuction to something that will keep you relatively safe from damage, or while the opponent is frozen.

At level 50, you will get the Stance called Berzerk Attack", which just enhances the damage to 50%. After this, Fierce Attack becomes virtually useless for the same reasons.

Also, train your Agility to the max of each training "part" with STR and DEF. You have to have it at atleast half of all other stats to keep training, and thus, will save you alot of NPs and time.

Normally the general advice is to ignore agility...so if my agility is less than half of any of my other stats I can't keep training my other stats???

I use Psellias Fighting Fan, Leaf Shield, Downsize!, Lesser Healing Scroll and Snowglobe staff as my mains. Then burrow, sink, shadow health and and drain life as my main faerie abilities (which I also only recently discovered.

Thanks for explaining about fierce attack enhancing both your damage and the enemies, I never knew thzt...need to change the way I fight and I might not take so much damage.

Normally the general advice is to ignore agility...so if my agility is less than half of any of my other stats I can't keep training my other stats???

Nope, you only have to keep your level up if you want to keep training your stats. You can go ahead and ignore agility completely with no consequences. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I'm still new on here so I didn't even know I got any replies. I'll look into the items. My main goal was to upgrade my endurance. I have a level 39 pet with only 8 HP, which makes it virtually impossible to win any battles.