So has anyone else gotten a "bonus" from the training school?

Sakurabelle

Twice now I have gotten a bonus from training schools when my course finished. Once was with the mystery island training school. I forgot I had set my pet to train and didn't complete the course until a few weeks after it finished. I ended up going up two levels instead of one. The next time this happened with the swashbuckling academy. I set my pet to train and didn't get on the entire weekend. When I did complete the course, my pet went up 2hp instead of just 1. (I think it was endurance, but I can't remember for sure.) Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any consistency to it? Or is it completely random and I just lucked out?

It's random. While I trained during the battle I didn't a get a single bonus, while sometimes my pet has gotten two, three, and even four bonus points. I heard you can get as much as a five bonus but that's extremely extremely rare.

I've had three two point bonuses in the last couple of days at the Mystery Academy and I don't think it has anything to do with the length of time you leave your pet as I've been timing it!

I've never had any higher bonuses though...

It is completely random. I once got two +2 levels in a row at the swashbuckling academy. This was a long time ago when I was actually training my pet. After sometime it turned into a complete lab rat.

The problem with this bonus is that this can sometimes put you in the next training bracket when you aren't maxed out on other stats. Robohissi has explained this well in their post at http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/22088-i-need-some-battledome-help-please/page__view__findpost__p__406341

I train my Zafara at the Mystery Island Training School and have gotten bonuses a few times on different stats (usually +2 or +3) but I train on a pretty consistant basis. Supposedly it is random but I seem to have more luck when I train up only one stat at a time to max before I need to move onto another or level him up.

Aw man, I have to rewrite my post because my internet connection cut out. :( Thanks for the link to the post Paul, it was helpful! As an update, I've been training at the swashbuckling academy and have gotten a fair number of +2 bonuses. This seems to happen most often when I complete a course several hours after it has been ready to complete (like when I finish in the morning after having set her to train the evening before). I don't know if this is coincidence or not.

Bun, I'll have to try and see if I get higher bonuses when I work on just one stat. I'm level 19, so I need to max everything out before going to the next tier. I'm sad that I can no longer do kitchen quests for fear that I will level up and not be able to afford to train!

I might be remembering it wrong, but I thought I read that you get the bonus when you click the "Complete Course" button exactly on the minute. It seems to work for me at the Pirate Academy, but not Mystery Island.

ooh, Masaryk I'll have to try that! I'm just about to complete a course, so I'll see if it works! (Let's hope my slow connection doesn't interfere...)

Edit: I clicked exactly on the 59th second so that it showed on the minute before the page updated. this didn't work for me. I'll have to try clicking on the minute, which will show as a second after by the time my computer responds...

Another Edit: I seem to have stopped getting bonuses regardless of when I click. I wonder if that's because I went to mystery island to train for a few times before going back to krawk island. oh well, I guess it will remain a mystery of randomness!