TFR General Discussion Board

Gaia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're tossing theories around, I guess I can go out on a limb here and flag Jazan and Xandra's behaviour as a little on the suspicious side. I like Xandra too much to seriously suspect her though. xD

I concur with that - for Jazan slightly suspicious behaviour seems to be the norm. :yes: I don't think we've ID'd any clear suspects at this point, so hopefully that means there'll be quite a bit more story to come.

Since we're tossing theories around, I guess I can go out on a limb here and flag Jazan and Xandra's behaviour as a little on the suspicious side. I like Xandra too much to seriously suspect her though. xD

I agree. Xandra has been acting strange. And very irritable. I mean, yes Hanso stole from her, but maybe that's not the full reason...

Eh, I like Xandra's irritability - she reminds me of one or two librarians I used to know (not to mention the classic librarian stereotype). xD But it does seem possible that she knows more than she's letting on...

Maybe it wasn't so much that the artefact does it, but has great power, that when combined with another power, or whatever else, can do a wide amount of things. And the offending villain wanted the Faeries turned to stone.

That's got to be my favourite explanation so far. "The artefact has power that, when combined with some other power, does some stuff." :laughingsmiley:

But yes, I do agree. It's unlikely that someone invented an object specifically to turn all faeries to stone and then didn't use it. So this artefact probably is just a generic powerful artefact.

Maybe we're going about it the wrong way. What we need to find out who fits the following conditions:

1. Is capable of using powerful magic.(I mean powerful enough not only to wield such a powerful artifect but also to command such a large number of dark spirits.)

2. Hates all the faeries.

3. Is willing to endanger Neopia.

Jazan seems to only fit the first description. He doesn't have anything against faeries and he has alot to lose if Neopia goes up in smoke including a kingdom he's fought hard for and a wife he genuinely cares about.

Excellent points, Astra. None of the characters we've met thusfar seem to fit all three points.

Thanks Livy! You're right that no one thus far seems to fit which is why I kept going back to the statue at the bottom of Maraqua. I think someone mentioned that it's just a statue, then why is it at the bottom of the ocean? Maybe some one wants to keep it there?

Well, I think the villains that have the biggest grudges against the faeries are Sloth and Balthazar. This really isn't Sloth's style--not enough tech and megalomaniacal ranting, not to mention the fact that he's been the focus of a plot not too long ago. On the other hand, there's no evidence I can think of that Balthazar has the magical chops for this. He's a bounty hunter with a hobby of stuffing faeries in bottles, not an archwizard. It's possible that he's allied himself with another villain, but that just complicates things further.

I'm reasonably certain it's not Nox. The comic definitely points to the real villain posing as Nox to lay a false trail for the heroes.

Hm, all 3 of those would fit me, right?

Anyways, maybe this is a "league of evil" or something ridiculous?

Like having Nox, and those tens other baddies. That would make it possible to fill the 3 spots esily.

lol. This reminds me of Nox, Spider Grundo and Balthazar all joining forces in NQ II, in the Haunted Woods chapter.

Announcements