Kadoatery Feeding (Revived)

tempdisplay

Kadoatery feeding  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Overfeeding": Right or Wrong

• Right
    • Wrong

I found the  old thread while searching Google to see others' opinions. And since I(n00b!) posted on that thread and didn't back up my point, I thought I'd revive it.

So, what do you think? Is Kadoatery Feeding, after you get the avatar, that's 75 feeds, right? Personally, I don't think so. Why? I think it's best to give others a chance at the avatar, yes, I haven't even gotten one feed xD The way I see it, I don't see why you'd want to go over 100 feeds. 100 is a great number ^_^ Kad feeding is stressful as it is, even for experts so us newbies don't feel good getting pwned by people with 431 feeds a (and the same amount of months on site as me :laughingsmiley:) and feeding on their side account at the same time!

I understand the "it's just a game, people want to be the best" and "the avatar is just a prize for a certain number of feeds" argument, I just feel that overdoing it is like a kick in the teeth. Life ain't fair though ;)

So, what's your view?

Old thread got It's Right(25) over It's Wrong(17) :yes:

*goes back to Kad failing feeding*

I've yet to try feeding them, but I don't see an issue with "over-feeding." If that's what someone enjoys, even after they have the avatar, then they should be able to continue. Just like other people won't stop trying for high scores, after they get a game avatar. Or after they get a trophy. It's a challenge... something to continue trying to improve upon.

Overfeeding it just fine. It's all a fair battle once kads go hungry. Mewbies have just as much chances to feed than experimented users... all they need to do is to "click faster" to quote a popular image.

What is not fine is people using bots and scripts to auto feed :(

Overfeeding it just fine. It's all a fair battle once kads go hungry. Mewbies have just as much chances to feed than experimented users... all they need to do is to "click faster" to quote a popular image.

What is not fine is people using bots and scripts to auto feed :(

Don't tell me that exists D= It explains the guy who feed on his main and side at the same time :O

Don't tell me that exists D= It explains the guy who feed on his main and side at the same time :O

If you know the usernames you should take a screenshot and report him.

I have never overfed, but when I was feeding for the avatar, I didn't really begrudge the overfeeders. I was an inventory feeder, and I almost always succeeded at a feed if one of my foods came up. And, when I was done, I did find it a little hard to quit feeding, but there were more interesting things for me to do on Neopets. I was just feeding for the avatar.

• 5 weeks later...

Ideally, I would love if people stopped after they got the avatar. However, like all other things that people continue after they have achieved a goal, I know people will continue and I can't (justifiably) begrudge them (even though I still want to)/

• 2 weeks later...

I still say it's wrong. High scores after an avatar in a game is different because there isn't a quantifiable limit you're putting on others by continuing to play the game, but with Kadotie feeding you are lessening other people's abilities to achieve the avatar. I mean I can understand if there is a trophy involved but otherwise it just seems mean!

Do you get anything else from feeding them aside from an avatar? I don't know much about that because it wasn't here when I was around before. But if you get something from it, aside from an avatar I don't really see the big deal. I personally wouldn't keep doing it after I got the avatar if there weren't any other benefits. I'm usually pretty nice about letting other people get stuff that they need/want, before I typically finish it.

Define what you mean by Overfeeding. Do you mean to feed your pets after it's "Not Hungry"?

Please explain what you mean.

Not a reference to your neopets. It means the Kadoaterie. If you feed 75 Kadoaties, you get an avatar and a little trophy saying you've fed 75 Kadoaties. The question is if it's wrong to continue feeding Kadoaties after you get the avatar and in doing so delay or prevent others from receiving the avatar.

I have never tried feeding the Kadoties, but now I am a little worried. Is it really that hard?

It can be. Many of the items they want to be fed are very valuable (some can be over 100k) and they are often all fed by noon NST time, of course there ARE days this isn't true, but those are few and far between.

It can be. Many of the items they want to be fed are very valuable (some can be over 100k) and they are often all fed by noon NST time, of course there ARE days this isn't true, but those are few and far between.

I was looking at them and the items, and I was like, "Whoa!" Those items are expensive...

Actually, it's not that hard to feed kadoaties.

If you have never done it, the best is to start with inventory feeding, which means that you pick a theme and fill your inventory with items from your theme. My first theme was Taco, but it was not working well, so I switched to an inventory of Tomato and Pepper. There is always a board with people keeping track of feeding time (known as pending time) and when such time is close to happen (like in 30 seconds from the annouced time), you go to the kadoatery and refresh, while searching for items that are in your inventory.

Overfeeders, however, rarely use inventory to feed. They either do it with their SDB, having a wild range of items asked by the Kadoaties or (Super) Show Wizard feeding, which means that they refresh on time, have already a cage they are spotting, and search for that item, buy it, and feed.

Now that people understand a bit more how the whole game works, you can clearly see that everyone has the same chances at feeding. It's a question of speed, thus it's fine to overfeed. When I was trying for the avatar, it happened that I was faster than overfeeders. You also have to take into consideration that without overfeeders, a lot of people would have a difficult shot at the avatar. It's the overfeeders who write and maintain guides and keep board alive. They are kinda managing the game so it's easier for everyone to start feeding.

So yea, I don't believe overfeeding is damaging YOUR chances at getting the avatar. It's just one that takes a lot of dedication from yourself.