Why me? Got "hacked" again

Nyssa

Hello all. Dunno if any of you remember me, but a few months ago I created an account to whine about my lost account (I got hacked. Well not really hacked hacked but I don't know another word. Don't think I got cookie grabbed).

And now, a few months later it happened AGAIN (different account). But my account is not lost yet. I know the person hacked into my emailaddress and changed both my neopets password and e-mailaddress. Soo.. now I can't login to change anything, and I'd like to let Neopets know about this. And hopefully hopefully get my account back :(.

Problem is, I can't find where to fill in the form. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance..

:(

I can't get a direct link, but just go to the Neopets home page, and click HELP at the bottom. That will take you to the topics where you can find the right one.

I'm sorry about your account. I hope you are able to get it back.

You should go to help, then click on Submit a ticket. In the categories section scroll all the way down to account inquiries, report abuse. That should be the right section...

I'm sorry you lost your account! Anything we can do to help you out?

Problem is, in order to fill out a report abuse ticket, you need to be logged in. And since I can't login....

Pssh why did Neopets change the Help page? It's soooo confusing now.

Sigh. I wasn't even that active on Neopets anymore, aside from buying my stocks every day, but it just sucks. I don't bother anyone, leave me alone..

I managed to send a ticket about it, but I can't follow it because (once again) you need to login. :/

Does that mean that whoever's in my account can see the progress?

Edit: OK nevermind, my account just got deleted by that person. *insert cusswords here*

Yeah I guess. Hope they're nicer this time. Last time this happened they blamed it on me, that I voluntarily gave out my information -- as if....

They will contact you on whatever email address you gave them. Mind you, the person may not have deleted your account but it may be frozen for protection!

The ticket system works better because you don't get an automated response anymore, you actually have someone talking back to you. That's why they changed the help system, though I agree it's confusing if you never worked with it before.

Sorry for you Nyssa :( If you don't get your account back and decide to start over you can have another Cybunny of mine, just to start things nicely ;)

Frozen for protection, but if your account gets frozen, don't they delete all your NP/items as well? Not much left to protect then xD (besides my lovely Neopets of course).

Ohh that IS better. I just hope they hurry up. I knooow they're busy and all, but each day that goes by is a day I did not buy stocks :P. (assuming whoever raided my account didn't sell all my stocks. oh the sweet hope)

That's really sweet Viridian, thanks :). Though I think I might quit for real this time if I don't get my account back. I've been on Neopets for over 8 years and my accounts keep getting frozen for several reasons and I just get soo sick of rebuilding.

This time I had an extremely difficult password that I couldn't even remember AND a pin. Dunno what else I could do..

Sounds like you've had a massive run of bad luck!

I count myself lucky that I've never been hacked (quite a mmiracle considering I've only just got a PIN!) but I hope you get it back...

No when your account gets frozen you do not lose anything at all. They freeze it so that the hacker cannot do any more damage to it. They just temporary lock your account until you have valid reasons to get it back.

No when your account gets frozen you do not lose anything at all. They freeze it so that the hacker cannot do any more damage to it. They just temporary lock your account until you have valid reasons to get it back.

Oh this IS good news O: let's just hope it was Neopets, then and not that lowlife.

*please please please let me get my account back and let my stocks be alright*

Haven't received a reply yet btw. But I hadn't guessed that would happen in one day...

Yeah, I'm a bad-luck magnet on Neopets =[. I'm just happy my "hacker" didn't raid my moms account as well.

Oh this IS good news O: let's just hope it was Neopets, then and not that lowlife.

*please please please let me get my account back and let my stocks be alright*

Haven't received a reply yet btw. But I hadn't guessed that would happen in one day...

Yeah, I'm a bad-luck magnet on Neopets =[. I'm just happy my "hacker" didn't raid my moms account as well.

I'm hoping for you that it was neopets too.. A way to check would be logging into your account and see what it says, but I do not know if you need your password for that.

If TNT doesn't get back to you within a week, I'd submit another ticket! :)

Do your mom and you share the same password? (Doubt it, but still checking)... In any case you may wanna change the password of any other account with the same password.

To get hacked is bad, but for it to happen TWICE, and only a few months appart, that's just messed up. I'm sorry.

Good luck on recovery.

Thanks CAV, I'm feeling pretty unlucky, yes.

And no, my mom and I don't even share the shame computer (I use a laptop), but my account had a lot of references to her. Saying thanks for certain items etc. You just never know.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get CG'd, seeing as how I buy stocks and that's about it so I have no idea how I got "chosen". It's not even that I was super rich or had shiny pets..