Welcome to August!

Noog

TDN welcomes you to the month of August!

Links: Home | Battlepedia | Customization | NeoAvatars | Forums

This month, we have these events:

• Blumaroo Day on August 8th
  • The Discovery of Brightvale on August 11th
  • Meerca Day on August 18th
  • The Annual Usuki Doll Convention on August 20th
  • Grundo Independence Day on August 24th
  • Mutant Day on August 25th
  • Kyrii Day on August 29th

Other things to do: Dailies | Monthly Freebies | Faerie Crossword | Pet Transfers

Also, for this month, the Blumaroo - Chef Bonju avatar is available again!

chefbonju.gif

Thanks much for the Bonju update. I probably would have missed out on him otherwise. ^_^ The items are about 5 times what I paid for them two weeks ago. o.o

Yay for getting the Bonju avatar on the first day of August. Now I can focus on other things. :laughingsmiley:

Freebies: (I forgot about until this post)

Cheese and Eel Burger

Tonguewich

Chocolate Chip Cookie

Mouldy Potato

Wow, so I was looking up complete sets of the stuff for the avatar and its going for around 300k well, thats what people are asking anyway. Do you think people are really getting that much? And or do we think prices will go up further? Because I haven an extra full set I was thinking about selling and that would be a mighty good profit.

I got:

Meat Wrap

Chilled Eyeball Custard

Gruel Cake

I might just wait until next year to get Bonju. While it would be awesome to get it now, I'd rather pay the low price in February than the price now.

Wow, so I was looking up complete sets of the stuff for the avatar and its going for around 300k well, thats what people are asking anyway. Do you think people are really getting that much? And or do we think prices will go up further? Because I haven an extra full set I was thinking about selling and that would be a mighty good profit.

It looks like the book is going for 200k to 250k on the TP, so they just might be. I'm guessing the price will stay high throughout August and then dramatically dip once September starts. At first I thought the price might come down at the end of August because lots of people will have already gotten the avatar, but I rethought that and realized that at the end of the month, some people will be scrambling for it, so I think the price will remain high.

I got Bonju last year, so I didn't have that to worry about.

As for my freebies, I got:

Fortune Cookie

Leek

Chomby Head Cupcake

Caramel Quiggle Foot

I got:

Meat Wrap

Chilled Eyeball Custard

Gruel Cake

I might just wait until next year to get Bonju. While it would be awesome to get it now, I'd rather pay the low price in February than the price now.

It looks like the book is going for 200k to 250k on the TP, so they just might be. I'm guessing the price will stay high throughout August and then dramatically dip once September starts. At first I thought the price might come down at the end of August because lots of people will have already gotten the avatar, but I rethought that and realized that at the end of the month, some people will be scrambling for it, so I think the price will remain high.

Well, although it's possible, I see the price of the book dropping significantly (est.~100K) by next week only because nearly everyone stocked up on them and there will be intense competition to sell them. Then, as the month ends, I see the price once again drawing very high before crashing in September. If you plan on buying this month, I'd definitely wait until at least next Saturday when overstocked sellers start feeling desperate. Just my prediction. =D

Cherry Moehog Cookie

Fruity Kiko Necklace

Nautilus

Intergalactic Spiced Beans

Freebies are meh, but either way, it's August! And the Chef Bonju avvie is back! Woo!

...but I can't change my own avvie until next year... >.< Oh well, at least my birthday is before August :P

I think I missed something. Why can you not change your avatar?

She must be under 13. If you're under 13, you can't change your avatar, along with all the other things unavailable at that age.

Yay! I feel very welcomed. :D Thank you Noog!

@Wembly: Yes, I'm sure you can make a tidy profit on that extra set of yours. :yes: And Aloe's price prediction is probably pretty accurate. (That said, I'm waiting 'til next year. :P )

I'm going to wait until the prices plummet, no way am I going to pay so much for a book :).

Same, I actually got the orange juice as one of my freebies, and the blumaroo steak was only 900NP - but then I checked the trading post and some people want as much as 750k for the book alone!! And some people have over 10 of them... :(

Think I'll wait until the prices go down, then wait until next year

Same, I actually got the orange juice as one of my freebies, and the blumaroo steak was only 900NP - but then I checked the trading post and some people want as much as 750k for the book alone!! And some people have over 10 of them... :(

Think I'll wait until the prices go down, then wait until next year

I think it would be best if everyone looking to get the avatar did that, even if they do have the money. It's a waste to spend up to 750,000 on something that was inexpensive, and will be again soon, just to get an avatar right now.

The book can be found in the book shop in Neopia Central for 500-700 np and there is usually about 20 or so of them that restock. They go very quickly though so type fast.

I have enough money to buy the book, but I've been saving up for the secret lab map... maybe I should wait until next year. :S