Favourite old films

lola_vogue

Okay I was going to make this topic favourite films but then thought that just would be too difficult, so I decided to limit it to old (pre-2000) -okay well oldish- films.

Note : I don't want to include Disney films as they're already covered in another topic and then we all wouldn't be able to narrow down our choices :)

So I'll start it off:

Forrest Gump!

Titanic

All the rocky films

Jaws (not the sequels though)

Back to the future trilogy

See no evil hear no evil - one of the funniest films EVER made

Pretty woman

Catch me if you can

A fish called wanda

Planes trains and automobiles - even if it makes me cry every time I watch it

Cool runnings

Okay your turn...

Your faves? Seen any of these and if so what do you think?

:)

HA!!!! See no Evil, Hear No Evil! I agree, one of the funniest movies EVER!! That is funny because it was just on TV (so yeah, pretty edited) yesterday, and I thought to myself, gosh, this is an old fav I haven't seen in ages! Still LMAO!!!

All of the others on your list, and the next post for that matter are great classics, too! Except, I am not sure if I have ever seen Catch me if you can.

I think the only one I would add is the Goonies :D

:D When I think of old films I think of black and white, or at least before the 70's. Not stuff from the 80's and 90's. Off the top of my head (and these really are old films) Bringing up Baby, The Miracle Worker, and The Bad Seed.

I would have to say.. The Princess Bride. I grew up watching it. Only a couple months ago, did I find out that the actor that played the Spanish character, is the actor who played Gideon in the first couple seasons of Criminal Minds.

Are those really OLD films? I thought "old" would be more like 60's and 70's. :) I happen to like old comedy movies like the Marx Brothers or Monty Python (which isn't too old.). I really liked Joan Crawford, in the few movies I've seen her in.

I must say though, I love Titanic. That's my favorite movie of all time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I love anything with Audrey Hepburn - so now we're talking /really/ old, haha! - but my favorite is The Children's Hour.

Though if I had to choose something more-recent-but-still-in-the-old-category, I'd pick Mary Poppins. :wub_anim:

Are those really OLD films? I thought "old" would be more like 60's and 70's. :) I happen to like old comedy movies like the Marx Brothers or Monty Python (which isn't too old.). I really liked Joan Crawford, in the few movies I've seen her in.

.......I love you o.o Whoever said a Fish Called Wanda ....how's that old? It's 1988 o.0 (John Cleese, director, I know almost everything about Monty Python so obviously I've watched a Fish Called Wanda because it has Cleese in it! And I've memorized the dats and everything) XD

And why has no one said The Good, The Bad and the Ugly? That's like my all time favourite movie! D: (well, old movie at least. Gran Torino's my fav but that's irrelevant) :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Older movies are seriously the best movies. I love like the older disney movies. Especially like, Goofy Movie and Luck of the Irish and stuff like that lol. They don't make music/movies/tv like they used to. I'm 19 and I'm as nostalgic as my 86 year old grandfather :laughingsmiley:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.