Ruhh Ohh, Frozen!

bringmetherawr

Okay, so everybody seems to be getting frozen these days and it just happened to me tonight. I'm not sure if I should go through the process of waiting to see if I can get my account back. What happened was I had some codestones up at the trading post and i had an offer of 750,000 neopoints and 10 codestones. These codestones that I was selling were barely worth 8000. So I was shocked and confused and had a bit of a noob moment i guess and excepted the offer. I even told myself what if I get frozen? Half an hour later im frozen. I still can't figure out why, but maybe it's realy obvious? Is neopets trying to protect me or something? I dunno man. :\

and sorry for the paragraph aha.

Guest Lost Deserter

First of all, sorry about your frozen account, it's really bad when it happens (and I know this by experience :P).

You were most likely frozen for scamming other users, no? (as the motive when you log in) You accepted an offer that by far exceeded what you expected for the item, so probably it was either buying/selling NPs or scamming. I know you weren't at fault (at least according to your version of the facts), but if you weren't frozen for protection (which is unlikely that you be for that reason), then it's not going to be easy to convince them.

Good luck with getting it back.

BTW, was the account good? If so, go through the process.

you've got a point aha oops. i never thought of that. i feel stupid now aha.

i honestly don't know what i was thinking when i accepted.

The account was good and i went with the process. i doubt i'll get it back though :\

thank you for making me realize the obvious aha.

Guest Yoshinho

Since you accepted it, you are probably not getting it back. You got offered a value of over 130K and the thing you were selling was around 8K. You can always try to get it back though. I am sorry for your loss of your account.

The Buying/Selling np idea is probably right...I mean, If I were a mod, that would definetly look shady. I don't know what I would do if I were in your position. TNT is quite stingy about unfreezing accounts, and I wish you luck in getting yours back, because it's never easy. :( Good luck!

Honestly, I doubt you'll get your account back *if* TNT decides you were scamming another user. Re-reading your original post, that's likely what TNT will decide. After all, you did accept an offer that was far, *far* more valuable than what your lot was even worth in the first place. You may get lucky and be only suspended for 72 hours, or you'll be frozen permanently.

Did TNT say why you were frozen? If they claimed you were scamming other users, then it'd be easier just to make a new account.

I'm really sorry that your account got frozen. Let me know if you need any help, alright?

Oh no! That's a pretty nasty way to lose an account. It almost sounds like someone was baiting you into getting frozen by over-offering, then reporting you for scamming. That's pretty terrible.

It's good that you sent in a report, just in case you were actually scammed out of your account by a cookie-grabber. There is a lot of scamming going on right now. Hopefully, you will be able to get your account back.

Here's what I would do (if anyone else finds themselves in this situation):

2. Neomail the person who made the offer. Make sure that they are certain that thats what they want to give you.
  3. Take Screenshots of the neomail conversation.
  4. If they seem like they really want to give you all of that, take it, and if you get frozen, you have solid proof that it wasn't scamming. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! They help a lot :)

I checked back today witht the account and the warning said that neopets was trying to protect me for falling for a scam.

I`m utterly confused.

Edit: Oh and I checked the guy who sold the me the stuff and neopets is telling me they don't exist.

Edit: Oh and I checked the guy who sold the me the stuff and neopets is telling me they don't exist.

Is it saying they don't exist, or that they've been frozen? I wouldn't think they'd remove the account. Unless for some reason, they unfrozen the person, and they deleted their own account.

I have heard of somebody from the other end of this kind of tale - "oh no I offered too much and they accepted what should I do?", and they and the person who's trade it was both got frozen temporarily (I don't remember what happened in the end, sorry :P). I do think they both got their accounts back though.

That, or with all the CGing thats going around, they might have thought this dodgy offer was somehow an attempt to get you to view this persons account and get CGed? Long shot, but maybe?

I'll try again next week, I don't want to over nag them. :P

and I did view their account because i thought it was a very sketchy offer. It could have been the CGs.

and it's saying they don't exist. Maybe they were in fear of getting frozen by me, if i got my account back, or caught by someone else ? It's unlikey though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was the protection thing. I can't tell you more, unfortunately. :( But stick with your ticket and see what happens. They're a bit backlogged but they'll respond.

Snarkie is a really awesome staff member over at neopets. I would trust her ^_^

I wonder why they don't freeze all of the people who offer junk items for valuable trades then, under the same principle? There are so many users who troll the post for all of the new trades and offer junk items in the hopes that you'll not know any better or accidentally hit the accept button.

If it's fair for those people to offer too little, it should also be fair for someone to accept too much.