Hello from a newbie!

Lamppost

Hello there! I am brand new to TDN as well as TDN Forums. I just wanted to briefly introduce myself! I go by Lamppost, and I have been playing Neopets on and off for 8 and a half years. I am an avatar and stamp collector there. I've just found out about TDN today, and joined right away! I'm excited to start getting to know people here on the forums!

Also, I have a question. After introducing myself above, I looked around the site, especially at the Avatar Lending Program page. I noticed that they changed pet lending after an increase in transfers per month. I had no idea that transfers had been increased, and that it was based on your account age! How do I find out how many transfers per month that I have?

(Just realized that I should have edited my post instead of adding another one. Hopefully I can figure out how to delete the one below in order to comply with the rules!)

First: Just click the Report button, and report your second post and a mod will come delete it for you. You can't delete your own posts.

Now about transfers: You should have 5 transfers. (My account is 8 years, and I have 5.) It goes up a transfer, for every 2 years on the account.

From 4 months to 23 months: 1 transfer.

24 to 47 months: 2 transfers.

48 to 71 months: 3 transfers.

72 to 95 months: 4 transfers.

96 to 119 months: 5 transfers.

120+ months: 6 transfers.

And what I should have done first: Welcome to the forums. :) I'm Spritzie. I'm an avatar collector as well. I'm now at 240 avatars. I've done very little stamp collecting, though I will probably start someday. (I'd like to get the stamp collector avatars, but it would be really expensive to get them.)

But welcome. I'm sure you'll really enjoy the community.

Welcome Lampost! I am Divya. *shakes hand through computer* :D

Lucky! 5 transfers! I only have 1. :*

Anyway, have fun here and feel free to ask questions!

Thank you, Spritzie! Thanks for the transfers explanation. Very helpful!

Hello to you, too, Divya! *returns computer handshake*

Thank you both for helping me feel welcome already.

Does anyone have any advice about the forums for a newbie?

My advice is, just jump in and start getting involved. Everyone is very friendly and you'll feel like you've been here for years in no time at all.

And if you have questions, ask them. Everyone likes to help out.

The Hang Out and Post board is a good place to just chat and get to know people here. There's quite a few of us that are regulars on that post, including Divya and I.

EDIT: I'll answer your worm quest question here.

Basically, all 10 worms show up at the same time every day. (It's different for each user.) The Black and Rainbow worms (I'm assuming those are probably 2 of the ones you're missing.) seem to have a lot fewer appearances. I recommend going through and checking every 5 minutes. (Like 1:00pm, 1:05pm, 1:10pm) As you find the worms, right down what time you're finding the colors, then keep a list. I have a word document on my computer with the times.

That makes it much easier. For example, I get all the worms but black and rainbow from 6:00am to 6:25am. Then my black appears at 8:35, my rainbow at 9:50. So it takes just a few hours once I recorded them.

And I also recommend trying to get them at different times through the day. Or wait, and don't collect them one day, and just watch the times.

Oh, interesting! I had no idea that's how it worked. I'll have to check that out! Thanks! And thanks for the tip about the Hang Out and Post board. I'll have to check that out, too!

Edit: Where is the Hang Out and Post board? I'm having trouble finding it...

Hi Shiranui! Nice to meet you as well!

I have a general question. Is it possible to change my display name on the forums? How do I do that? Thanks!

Guest Yoshinho

Hello and Welcome to the TDN Forums! I am yoshinho or yoshi. Please read the rules.

Remember to also check out my forums! www.yoshiforums.b1.jcink.com! Completly safe!

Thanks for the worm tips! I do not work on it anymore because it seems like it is a waste of time. I still need black but I am not getting it anymore.

1. Welcome to TDN. I'm CAV, TDN's Video Game Addict.

2. Wipe your feet before you enter.

3. Don't always be so serious, exept in "Debate and Discussion", which has a few special rules.

4. Which reminds me, follow all TDN rules. We don't want you in trouble now do we?

5. Don't be afraid to ask people questions.

6. Try to join HAMS, the dominant group on TDN. I'm one of the Leaders and Founders, so I should be able to help you.

Welcome back to Neopets! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.