Closet Limit Update

hrtbrk

TNT has released an update saying that the 650 item limit for closets will be instated on July 19th. You will also be able to disable the limit in your preferences (at this time, it is currently unknown if there is an age limit).

Furthermore, they have mentioned that if you over 650 items in your closet, and the limit is enabled, you will not be able to add any additional clothing until you're below 650 items.

---

As you may have read on New Features, we'll soon be adding a limit to the number of items you can store in your Closet at once. The new limit will be 650 items, so we're Neomailing players who have over 600 items to fill them in on what's happening. That's you!

We've received many reports about the Customisation application being excruciatingly slow or not loading at all for players with lots of items in the Closet. We looked into it and discovered this wouldn't be an easy fix and would take some time, but we don't want to leave the application unusable until then. So, for now, the limit will be in place to make sure the application runs smoothly for those folks with many items. You'll be able to turn the limit off manually if you wish by visiting the User Preferences page, but if you're having problems getting the Customisation app to load with so many items, we suggest you leave it on for now. Either way, this won't be a permanent solution if we can help it!

The limit will be applied on Monday, July 19th. In the meantime, you might want to start choosing which items you'd like to keep in your Closet and which you'd like to move to your Safety Deposit Box (to store them when they're not in use). If you still have 650 items in your Closet by Monday, July 19th, they won't be moved automatically or anything. You just won't be able to add any new items until you move existing ones out or change your preferences to remove the limit.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but we're hoping this makes the application usable for everyone until it can be fixed!

- The Neopets Team

I don't think I could reach the limit any time soon. I usually keep my clothes in my SDB, and take them out when I want to use them. I've heard some people complain about the limit, but honestly, it's 650 items! If you had that many clothes in your closet, you probably forgot about half of them, at least.

I'm glad that the limit won't be permanent. I don't even have 200 items in my closet yet, but customization is my favorite thing on Neopets, and now the biggest source of my customizations is the NC Mall. They'd be hurting themselves more.

People need to try to remember when talking about the limit that even if it doesn't mean anything to them, to others is does. There are a lot of people on Neopets who specifically customize, like it's some peoples goal to get all the avatars, or certain pbs, etc. Customizing is what I do.

ayashe,

I agree that it is certain people's passion, but I don't see the big deal. Anyone who wants more than 650 items in their closet can just disable the limit, and everything will be as it was before. That's my point. If someone is going to complain about it, just disable it. I don't see the point complaining about it, as the solution is immediately available. TNT just wants it to load faster for people, but if others don't mind the loading speed it was at before, they don't have to worry.

If TNT is going to suggest that we not have more than 650 items in our closets, they need to give us a way to get rid of paint brush clothes. With the Lab Ray, I end up with a lot of paint brush clothes, for species I no longer have, in my closet.

This is kind of like real life; if you have that many clothes maybe you ought to think about cleaning out your closet and getting rid of some of the old stuff that you no longer use! I'm sure there are tons of other users out there who would take them off your hands and you could make some quick NPs off of them. :rolleyes_anim:

If TNT is going to suggest that we not have more than 650 items in our closets, they need to give us a way to get rid of paint brush clothes. With the Lab Ray, I end up with a lot of paint brush clothes, for species I no longer have, in my closet.

True, true. Maybe just a way to "destroy" them, because if you could sell them or even give them away it might cause some unforeseen problems.

There are lots of Neopoint clothes out there as well. :) I have about 300 items in my closet and I only bought NC once ($10), so I don't have many NC clothing at all.

True, true. Maybe just a way to "destroy" them, because if you could sell them or even give them away it might cause some unforeseen problems.

Either that or just make them "no trade." That way, I could at least keep them in my SDB. Right now, they can't be removed from your closet at all.

Either that or just make them "no trade." That way, I could at least keep them in my SDB. Right now, they can't be removed from your closet at all.

That's a very good idea. You could send a ticket to TNT requesting that. I already send the suggestion, but more people suggesting it would not be bad ;)

• 2 weeks later...