Who thinks the Save the Wheels Event is useless junk?

O. Nuclear

Personally, I think the Save the Wheels event is really a piece of junk. Why donate so much for so little? That's just me; after earning back my 100,000 NPs because someone got into my account and stole that much, I've been reluctant to donate even 1 NP to anything. Besides, the prizes don't even look half worth it(except the Faerie Mazzew, of course, but I'm selfish, not generous). It's kinda dumb, actually. Neopets staff wasted no time making everything else updated and even converting the original Neopets to newer, less interesting forms. Yet, you want us to spend Neopoints to update some Wheels? I think not!

Like I said, that's just me. What do you think about this event?

Although I myself have not donated much, the prizes (notably the stamp and the background) are really what is drawing in the donations; not the wheels themselves.

The "event" is quite short of a plot, and many people may find it uninteresting, but personally, I think it was a brilliant idea for fighting inflation. ;) Now we just have to hope that we get some sort of plot. :O

I think pretty much everyone is donating for the prizes. Me and my friend were discussing it and wondered how many new players were donating all their money because they believe they're really saving the wheels. (If I sound offensive, I'm not trying to be. Sometimes new players take things too seriously and don't quite understand everything. No big deal.)

When looking at the Save the Wheels, at face value (paying to save them, and being rewarded with an item) it does seem dumb, and a waste. But TNT is trying to get some NP out of users, in order to aid in fixing the economy which has gone wacky. This way, it's a "cause" to give NP to, and they give you prizes to encourage it more.

Just like with the Wishing Well avatar.

I would donate for the prizes, but I'm not into the stuff they're giving out.

shiranui_xiii

I feel bad for the new people. They probably ended up thinking that all of the wheels are going to shut down, and start working their butts off getting NPs so they can donate and save the wheels. I very very very slightly pity them.

Spritzie

I think Neopets needs to find some better prizes to give out.

Spritzie

I think Neopets needs to find some better prizes to give out.

I think they probably made the lower NP donation prizes not that interesting, in hopes of getting people to go for the fancier ones. Personally, I would LOVE to have Wheel of Excitement Background. It's nearly worth 2 million to me. (Which is kind of sad.) And the stamp and Faerie petpet are another thing that lots of people love, so it will get them to donate. I'm love to have both too. But I'm not donating enough to get all 3.

I'd probably go for the Faerie Petpet, then sell it in my shop for less to make a quick fortune. That's what happened to my other Petpets that I didn't want.

I wish a Spotted Paint Brush was one of the prizes, but it's not :crying:

I don't think that it's a bad idea. If you put it in perspective, people aren't donating to save the wheels; they are buying high-priced items that they want. Since everyone has equal access to the items, they won't inflate in price for many years, so it keeps the Neopian economy kind of stable. No one is required to buy these prizes from the event, so the only people contributing to it are people that want to. It's your choice, always, if you want to take part in any site event on Neopets.

I would be glad for donating but from what I heard there's no point. Nobody in Neopets could donate and the wheels would still be updated. If they gave certain prizes for how much you donated that would be different but... i guess not

you're not serious right.

You're not really donating. You're just spending np to get an item from an event. They aren't prizes. It's pretty much like buying something from a store. The Save the Wheels thing is just a less boring way of updating all the wheels and also a nice way to stabilize the economy a little by making people get rid of buckets of np.

I totally agree with all of the above. Personally, I think that this was a pretty brilliant move of TNT. I am this close to buying that Faerie Mazzew! :wub_anim: (Notice I said "buying"). But I think that if they had released the Woodland PB in the plot for like 8 mil or something they could have made A LOT more.

...Really? 250 np? Wow... big spender.

Anyways, I worked really hard to get my millions of NP and I'm not dumping into into a pit of no return. I don't even USE backgrounds. So... yeah.