Draik Lair

Spritzie

I don't like NC stuff, period.

I don't support it in everyway I can.

I was tempted to buy an I-hate-NC sign once but then I realized the irony in that.

Although I do like NB pens.

That's kinda funny that they have an "I-hate-NC" sign... I wonder why. I don't buy anything either, because I refuse to spend real money on neopets. That's the same reason I've hesitated buying premium.

I do like some of the backgrounds, and the wings are pretty neat. I was a little jealous of the stockings, because I think it would be fun to get items every day from one. I wish they had something like that with NP, but I guess we have the advent calendar!

Heh, I just love most NC mall stuff. I think SOME things look absolutely 100 billion percent horrid on some pets (I cannot stand dresses or skirts on Peophins), but on the other hand I love customising draiks, or at least planning them :P

I didn't really like NC at first. The items seem kind of pricey, and it is just virtual stuff. But recently, I've come to some realizations, and I don't think it's a bad thing now. The way I see it, I could spend $2 on a coffee, a chocolate bar, or a bag of chips. I would consume any of those thing in about 20 minutes, thus giving me about 20 minutes of enjoyment, and then it's gone. Or I could spend $2 on a background, which I will enjoy for minimum of a month, every time I look at my pets, which is every day. Even though it's virtual stuff, I still get longer-lasting enjoyment for my money than I would get from purchasing a cheap consumable item.

I don't spend a lot of money on NC. I buy a $10 card once per season. Buying a lot of NC items seems like a waste, to me, because you get less enjoyment out of each one.

I didn't really like NC at first. The items seem kind of pricey, and it is just virtual stuff. But recently, I've come to some realizations, and I don't think it's a bad thing now. The way I see it, I could spend $2 on a coffee, a chocolate bar, or a bag of chips. I would consume any of those thing in about 20 minutes, thus giving me about 20 minutes of enjoyment, and then it's gone. Or I could spend $2 on a background, which I will enjoy for minimum of a month, every time I look at my pets, which is every day. Even though it's virtual stuff, I still get longer-lasting enjoyment for my money than I would get from purchasing a cheap consumable item.

I don't spend a lot of money on NC. I buy a $10 card once per season. Buying a lot of NC items seems like a waste, to me, because you get less enjoyment out of each one.

Hehe, I admit I was semi hesitant at first but it grew on my really fast. It is a bit pricey, that I totally agree with you on!

Good point! I collect model horses, so I have to balance NC (eventually) with artist resins and custom painted horses, tack, and so on. Isn't it weird how online stuff feels kind of real, in at least the enjoyment factor?

That's actually a good idea.. I should see if I can stick to that! Of course I have just a few items I REALLY wanna get, and they'd be for once I get my draik, paint her desert, and paint my peophin girl royal.. So I've got enough time to save up, haha.

Really Divya? That's weird because I just put in in my cart to check and it said 325NC since I clicked it from the super sale. Are you sure that it took all 650? If it did, I would send in a ticket because it should be 325.

Haha, I meant that I bought a few days ago just before it went on sale. How annoying!! But I bought it for my newest achievement, my Faerie Xweetock. :wub_anim: That has been my dream way of dressing her up.

I already have my dream way of dressing my Draik up!

Haha, I meant that I bought a few days ago just before it went on sale. How annoying!! But I bought it for my newest achievement, my Faerie Xweetock. :wub_anim: That has been my dream way of dressing her up.

I already have my dream way of dressing my Draik up!

WHOA. Congrats on the xweetok!!! :DDD

Haha, same here. I keep thinking about draiks.. I just got enough points to get 1k NP on snowager, but it said my score was 0 D:

WHOA. Congrats on the xweetok!!! :DDD

Haha, same here. I keep thinking about draiks.. I just got enough points to get 1k NP on snowager, but it said my score was 0 D:

Thanks! One dreamie achieved! :D

I cant wait to get my Draik. I am saving up for it, but before I lose all hope, I am going to try and trade pets for it. I have my whole plan on trading up... :evil:

Thanks! One dreamie achieved! :D

I cant wait to get my Draik. I am saving up for it, but before I lose all hope, I am going to try and trade pets for it. I have my whole plan on trading up... :evil:

Haha, where's the like button!? xD

Me too! I'm doing the opposite *tehe* I really want the experience of hatching it.. But i was just thinking, if I was one of the lucky 10 to win the holiday contest, then I wouldn't GET to hatch a draik, and my WN peophin that I want to paint RG would be an unpaintable draik..

*eyes divya* I dont know if she's going to tell us.. :laughingsmiley:

I know that once I have mine painted desert, she's going to have lots of royal-ish vintage looking type stuff. Straight out of a pyramid xD

---

SLightly OT:

Spritzie, how bad is the weather in Colorado? I'm in southern Wisconsin, and we've got over a foot of snow in most places, horrible ice, and we just had a gnarly blizzard not too long ago. Isn't winter fun? lol

I think she'll tell us. :D Right, Divya?

I don't know what I'll do with Aitvara once she's painted Faerie. I'll have to see how different things look on her.

The conditions aren't bad. It's around 25 degrees, and it's foggy and misty, but there's no snow on the ground or anything. But the mist is freezing on the cars and such.

*gives Divya puppy eyes* :whistle:

Yeah. I wish there was a way to try on stuff on Neopets that you DONT have (like a faerie draik). Not anyone's actual pet, just an example pet like they used to have, I think. That'd be really helpful xD

Exact same here. It warmed up from a few days ago where it didn't get anywhere past ten degrees *shudder*

Lucky on the snow, but that's not good about the mist. :O Good luck!!

Alright alright, I'll tell you. ;)

Once she is Royal, I will only use NP stuff because I dont want to waste the NC if she is just going to be repainted. Once she Desert, I want to use that Coltzan BG and that Desert trinket thing. :wub_anim: And finally, when she is Faerie, I have no idea. I have a few things in mind, but not one definite answer.

Yeah. I wish there was a way to try on stuff on Neopets that you DONT have (like a faerie draik). Not anyone's actual pet, just an example pet like they used to have, I think. That'd be really helpful xD

I've always thought the same thing. You never know what will look nice. Though if I saw an item in the NC Mall I think would be awesome, I would ask someone with a Faerie Draik (if I could find one) and ask if they could try it on and maybe do a screen cap of it.

Alright alright, I'll tell you. ;)

Once she is Royal, I will only use NP stuff because I dont want to waste the NC if she is just going to be repainted. Once she Desert, I want to use that Coltzan BG and that Desert trinket thing. :wub_anim: And finally, when she is Faerie, I have no idea. I have a few things in mind, but not one definite answer.

Yayy! *squealclap* xD

Oooh.. I love the sound of the desert plan! That'll be so pretty!!!

I've always thought the same thing. You never know what will look nice. Though if I saw an item in the NC Mall I think would be awesome, I would ask someone with a Faerie Draik (if I could find one) and ask if they could try it on and maybe do a screen cap of it.

Yeah. It'd probably even help with NC card sales a bit, too. Maybe? But yeah, I'm worried about actually buying stuff in advance, so I probably won't... *ponders*

*blush* Aw, thanks Spritz! :D That'd be awesome :D

I wonder if I should eventually paint her faerie if I get tired of desert ever.. Hmmm!

By the way, speaking of faerie.. I was looking at the NC mall and found some things that might be cool on her..

*shining princess dress.. possible long shot heh

*maraquan fancy dress

*Lavender faerietale dress

The last two are really pretty! I tried to narrow it down to the ones that go best with the faerie tealish colour. ^_^

The Maraquan dress can only be worn by Maraquan pets. I really think it's pretty though.

I'll throw the others on Aitvara real quick for you, and post pictures so you can see what they look like on a Draik. (I actually tried them both on her last night.)

Okay, here they are:

Aitvara_FaerietaleDress.png

Aitvara_ShiningPrincessDress.png

Daw, so close, haha.

Ooh, thanks! :D *excited*

I wonder if the desert draik jewelry could easily be mish-mashed with some of the vintage-y type stuff. The earrings might be a pretty addition? The Scary Eye Staff would probably be a must. And maybe switch the desert hat thingy out with the sparkling gold tiara every once in a while?

@ The pictures:

The blue dress looks really pretty on Aitvara. It goes really well with her blues!

Yeah. I *love* vintage stuff, Neopets and in the real world. I think it'd go well with her tan colour, too.. Hmm..

It'd probably even go with Faerie?

--

EDIT:

My app didn't get accepted for Sytira. :(

I'll probably give up on adopting a draik, I'll just focus on saving up NP to hatch my own. I'm still going to Neomail Sephrain's owner and see if I could still at least be in the running for her, just in case. -_-

I'm sorry you didn't get accepted :( I never tried to apply for adopting. After trying to trade for awhile, I decided to just save for one.

I'm going to do a little bit of shopping for Aitvara in the NC Mall tonight. My husband got me 1000 NC today. I already got the morphing experiment, so I have 300 left.

This is what the experiment looks like right now:

4.png

I got a pile of NC today. My friend got me some, as did my sister-in-law and my mum. How many stages is the MME? I can't decide whether or not it's worth buying.

I'm not sure how stages there are. It's the regular one, as opposed to the mini ones. I've never done one before, but there's generally 5 stages.

I thought this one was so gorgeous, I had to try it out. I hoping to get some really awesome items.

I'll be getting more NC. He wants to actually get me cards. I'm going to be buying some of the sale items, like the Shenkuu Performer things.

I'm sorry you didn't get accepted :( I never tried to apply for adopting. After trying to trade for awhile, I decided to just save for one.

I'm going to do a little bit of shopping for Aitvara in the NC Mall tonight. My husband got me 1000 NC today. I already got the morphing experiment, so I have 300 left.

This is what the experiment looks like right now:

4.png

Aw, thanks spritz! I got over it fairly quickly, I'm starting to accept the "Adoption probably not gonna happen" spiel, hehe. I think I just hit that point, where I'm deciding just to save, too. I think that'll mean a little more to me, being able to get my very on [totally OT, we just trimmed my puppy's nails for the first time and she is behaving PERFECTLY! :O] draik all by myself. :P

Noice! That looks really good!! :D

I got a pile of NC today. My friend got me some, as did my sister-in-law and my mum. How many stages is the MME? I can't decide whether or not it's worth buying.

Lucky. All I got was a book on puppy training (for the Complete idiot, gotta love sisters XD), PJ's, a MUSE disc, one other thing, and gloves from my parents. THen a lot from my gramma. Nothing Neopets whatsoever >.<

I'm not sure how stages there are. It's the regular one, as opposed to the mini ones. I've never done one before, but there's generally 5 stages.

I thought this one was so gorgeous, I had to try it out. I hoping to get some really awesome items.

I'll be getting more NC. He wants to actually get me cards. I'm going to be buying some of the sale items, like the Shenkuu Performer things.

I've never used any MME's. Are they worth it, do you think?

It really is. Very pretty and she looks so nice on that BG! Do you get to keep all the items even when you morph it again? I have no idea how they work, haha.

Lucky! My parents don't like it when I even go look at eBay for model horses. I should push for some NC cards next year.. Although by then I'll hopefully have a work permit and a job. *tehe*