Draik Lair

Spritzie

My Ogrin got Boochi'd (first time I've had him show up in many years of being on neo) and now I'm trying to figure out what to paint him, because I really do not like baby pets. :sad01_anim: He used to be Shadow, so that's my default, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

I don't like babies either xDD And yeah we talk about pretty much everything at DL...only requirement is liking Draiks xD Do you have any specific story/personality/etc in mind for him? That usually affects my color choices.

Hmm...Ogrin colors I like are Fire, Plushie, Pirate, Island, Robot, and Spotted. (I had a spotted ogrin for a while :P) Personally, I'd go with fire because it's sort of like shadow, but with the added kick of fire for a mane :D

Ooh, and happy birthday Setsuna!! ^_^ *bakes a birthday cake* Those earrings look great on her!

Aitvara looks very pretty with that dress on :yes:

Thank you! :D I'm totally going to have to trade for that dress. I was telling my husband last night, how badly I wanted it, especially since it reminded me of the candles I always admired:

6-S-N-12-3pc-set-purp-wht-300.jpg

I'm so late haha but I love and own a Draik :3

That's awesome! Is it male or female, and what color is it? Mine is currently Royal Girl and will soon be Faerie.

Oh and Spritzie a like your "new Aitvara." :) All the colors and swirls are pretty awesome.

Thank you! I'm totally going to get it. I need to check and see what it would take to trade for it. I'm nearly out of NC, and I doubt I'd get it if I bought the item it can come in.

Setsuna got her first birthday present, in the form of a pair of beautiful earrings ^_^

4.png

She looks gorgeous! The earrings are perfect on her. Happy birthday to Setsuna! Aitvara's birthday is September 15th.

It shouldn't be too hard to trade for, Spritzie. :D I'm sure you could get it by trading a BD cap or something :)

Apparently my Krawk's birthday was a few weeks ago - June 14th! But I didn't own him then, so I guess I can celebrate a late birthday for him :P

Jet's birthday - December 17th

Shy's birthday - July 9th (oh! that's Saturday!! What should I do???)

Tib's birthday - June 12th (man i'm a terrible owner! can't believe i missed it, and now he's on a side account :()

Apparently a bunch of my pets have June/July bdays. What do you guys do for pet birthdays? I've never celebrated them before, but i'd like to do something cute for Schiden :D

I've never done anything. I usually don't note when I created them, but I did for Aitvara.

A BD Cap would totally be worth it. I'm just worried it will be expensive to trade for.

If you're on the NC board and see anyone trading one, please let me know.

Behati - who's your Draik? :D We like meeting new draiks!! ^_^

That's awesome! Is it male or female, and what color is it? Mine is currently Royal Girl and will soon be Faerie.

^I also have a candle like that from hawaii =x my friend brought it back when she went on vacation. Smells like pineapples!

It's a female, maractite draik named Kaielis.

x) I'm a bit stuck, not wanting to make it into a battledome pet and wanting to.

She's gorgeous! I thought about getting a Maractite Draik because they're so gorgeous, but I'm already going to have too many. (I will eventually have 3. One Faerie, already hatched, then one Chocolate, and one Maraquan.)

I've never done anything. I usually don't note when I created them, but I did for Aitvara.

A BD Cap would totally be worth it. I'm just worried it will be expensive to trade for.

If you're on the NC board and see anyone trading one, please let me know.

Huh? I'm assuming you have some NC available - just offer to buy a BD cap and trade it for the dress. I'm sure you'll get bites :) You can get good stuff for one BD cap right now - people are clamoring for them :P

What is a BD Cap?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

edit: I think that dress is gorgeous. I'm not quite sure how to dress up my Draik, any suggestions? I currently have the floating in space background. By the way, what is a BD Cap?

[better, spritzie? :<]

Birthday Mystery Capsule :)

In the NC mall, they sell mystery capsules (we call them caps for short) and they're used often as trading currency. Sort of how a Baby PB is used as a fixed 600k on the TP, caps are used to measure value of retired NC items.

Since the item Spritzie wants is available in the mall, it's worth 1 cap :D

Ohh. I was thinking something else. I only have 75 NC right now, so I can't get the BD Cap. But I do have several Gift Box Caps in my SDB. Would I be able to get the dress with one or two of those?

Oh, definitely. People go nuts over those. But imo, you should save the GB caps towards larger wishes

Personally, i think when you go over your wishlist, sort it into high priority, low priority, and then one thing you really want now.

like, if you add your GB caps to your Lulu Dress, you could trade for something really nice at 10 caps, and probably get a decent deal too, since you're including caps.

Currently, there are no GB caps in the mall, so they're valued around 2-3 normal caps each. Which is awesome, because the week or so before they are released again, you can get some REALLY good deals.

I got my Cloud Staff and Faerieland Adventure Gates for a single GB cap each back in late May, before caps came out again, because people were desperate for boxes :whistle:

Then again, i'd have a lot more boxes if i opened the caps rather than trading them but hey, i'd rather have cool items :P

Awesome! I want to get the dress soon, since Aitvara will hopefully be painted Faerie shortly after the AC prize shop opens. (I need to paint her Desert first, but I want to see if it's released, if so for how much, and see how it affects the selling amount.) Then the dress will be perfect.

I will work on it tomorrow probably, since I'm heading home to the place of no internet. I'll let you know what I come up with. I'd love to get a bunch of Aitvara's dream items in a few trades.

I'm not quite sure how to dress up my Draik, any suggestions? I currently have the floating in space background. By the way, what is a BD Cap?

Well, what's her personality? Any backstory ideas?

I usually think of a basic personality outline, and then go into DTI with that in mind. For me, customization tells a story about your pet that other people can look at, and say "okay, that's what her pet looks like, in her mind"

Since my pets all have characters and stuff, customizing them is the easiest way to show that to other people.

So I'd start there first. See what looks good with the color, what clothes fit well on the species, to narrow it down a bit. Then after you have a bit of a closet (in DTI, anyway xD) you can say, hm, would my pet wear this?

(I mean right now, my Krawk is dressed up as David Tennant as the 10th Doctor but whatever)

Customization is a way to express yourself, like drawing and writing, so it's good to get started with your pet's personality.

DTI is Dress to Impress if you've never used it before

http://newimpress.openneo.net/

(Sorry if you were looking for specific items, not a newbie rant. I mean, i don't think you're a newbie, but it's early and i'm just rambling. Blah blah blah. I'll stop talking now :laughingsmiley: )

It's cool. I don't know I think I'm too old to come up with a back story for my pet. It's just my pet on a game to me. I got it just like everyone else, by creating an account one day and then creating a pet. I always thought it was rather odd to have a story and even if I did it would just be like a story from an actual book. I only intended on making my pets pretty, no backstory. The only attachment I have to him is that it's -MY- pets. There can be no one else who can have them forever. I hand painted all of my pets, not zapped with lab ray. So yeah. Well except for my meerca, damn ray changed it to split =.=

I thought the ice blumaroo with the silver top hat and the ice cave/pond background was really nice. The colors went nicely with everything else.

I've tried dress to impress but everything looks so tacky or overly complicated when I put it on my Draik. It's rather hard to make a maractite draik look good with something else. It looks just fine with it's intricate patterns. I just feel really bad for it being my only pet without special items from the NC mall.

How old is too old? Most people I know who make stories for their pets are writers IRL, and are anywhere between 15 and 30. I'm 20 and I love making stories for my pets.

Though, there's nothing wrong with just having pets to make them pretty. People do all different things on Neo - I'm not gonna judge what one person does over another ;)

That said, there's nothing wrong if your draik doesn't have "special NC items." I agree with you; the Maractite Draik is so beautiful that it works as a standalone. The current BG that you have makes it really stand out, even if it's not particularly special.

And if all you really want to do is make your pets pretty, I think the Maractite Draik is honestly really pretty on its own :D

I hope they put either a paintbrush or a yooyu in the prize shop. I have wanted a darigan yooyu for a while.

I'm pretty sure that a Mutant Yooyu image was found, so we're assuming that's the yooyu they're releasing.

Darigan Yooyus were released back in ACII, so they probably won't be released again, unfortunately :/

I'm working on my second Draik, but she'll be harder to customize because I'm going to use my FFQ to make her Chocolate. I still need to trade for some of the NC items I want for her, like the Candy Cane Snowflake Wand.

I'm at 7.5M, myself :D Been trying to work on restocking lately to improve my NP earning, but my internet's been really slow lately, so it's not working very well :sad01_anim: