How old can you go?

Featheon

It's a strange question but, would there be a limit to how old a pet can get? I was wondering about whether there was such a thing as old age in Neopets. Is there anyway a pet could die? If there's no old age, and if sickness cant fully kill, and starvation does not exist, then are all pets immortal in a sense? I'm really puzzled by this. Oh, and I hope this is posted in the right area.

Neopets has only been around for 10 years. Pets like dogs and cats live for 15-25 years on average (I think)

Birds, I'm not sure, but some of them for a really long time. Some insects the lifespan can range from a few hours to 50 years. (and neopets has some giant bugs, man. who knows how long those can live.) Some of the pets on neopets don't even resemble real animals. (WHAT the heck is a jubjub?) So even if they could die, now wouldn't be the time. The only way I suppose a pet could "die" is if the owner gets frozen or abandons the account, leaving the Neopet stuck in that account, until it is eventually deleted.

but other than that

Neopets are immortal, because this is a game. A game where having a pet with 500+ in every stat and BC awards and tons of time and NP put into it dying, because maybe you weren't able to care for your neopet for awhile, would be so incredibly stupid, no one would want to play.

I'm pretty sure pets are essentially immortal. Pets are "created" as adults and don't grow, so they never reach "old age".

I thought they were made as children.

Either way, they can never die. If only us humans were like that...

A neopet can get deleted along with an unactive account that is old.

That wouldn't even be funny if neopets just suddenly started dropping dead for no reason in a few years XD

Every so often TNT will delete really old inactive and frozen accounts. So the account and all the pets that were in it will disappear. Inactive pets are safe until the inactive account becomes inactive for so long it is deleted.

TNT did state in one of their editorials that neopets didn't die. I have no idea which one but it was made very clear that old age and death didn't effect neopets. If an owner has been inactive for more than 2 years then pets may get deleted but at no point do they die from old age.

Lol, I had never though of this until this post was started. :laughingsmiley:

I think that as long as you are active and take care of your pets they won't age towards death, but they will just grow older. ^_^ If you are inactive your pets DO get deleted, trust me. My old account ended up that way. <_<

If you were inactive for years and you didn't get your account deleted, it's either because you got really lucky or they didn't start the removal program yet.

ACK! I didn't know about the 2 year deletion rule. Well, that kills my grand plan of finding my account from 10 plus years ago.

*le sigh*

I probably came really close to two years of inactivation when I lost interest in Neopets for a while there. I must never lose my favorite pet, Drechser! *huggles*

I have an account that is 9 years old. I stopped playing neopets for a long time. Didn't pick it up again until college, and my old account was still intact. When did they start the removal program? I guess I'm just really really lucky :)

• 4 weeks later...

0.o Well then I guess I really did get lucky I mean I'd sometimes check mine once in a blue moon but I wasn't 100 active for it must have been close to four or five years. When did this deactivation program start!? (...I feel like such a noob.. O Swear ^^;;) :S

I have an account that is 9 years old. I stopped playing neopets for a long time. Didn't pick it up again until college, and my old account was still intact. When did they start the removal program?

I'm not sure when it started, but when I was reviewing Neopets rules and that one showed up. Since there's millions of accounts on Neo, they're bound to miss a couple. I guess that applies to you.