Random Acts of Kindness?

nbbug132

Have you ever had anyone do something very kind randomly on Neopets? Something you didn't expect from a total stranger?

I've had two that come immediately to mind.

Once a very very long time ago (and I do mean years) someone I was randomly talking to one night gave me Little Timmys Story & What Me Cheat, two fairly pricey books I wanted for my Gallery. I wish I could remember who that kind person was.

Then, very recently, someone lent me their FQD for free, trusting me to return it. Even though I've been on Neopets since before the Fyora avatar even existed, I thought I'd never get it becuase I'd never be able to scrape up the collateral.

So what random acts of kindness have you experienced in your play on Neopets? ^^

Yep, I've had quite a few things happen recently ^_^

I posted in the customization section of the Neoboards asking for tips about what to do with my newly-zapped Faerie Gnorbu since his colours kind of threw me off. And this one girl got so super excited, she sent me like 5 items (not just for my Gnorbu, but for my Cybunny too!) and a few of them were even NC items! And she did this all for free, until I actually insisted on paying her SOMETHING for these really nice items, and even then the price she named for that ONE item was less than half of what it was on the lowest SW price. And she was so sincere, and was all, please put them on! Let me see! :) So that was really really nice.

And also when I was there in the Quests section looking for something for a faerie quest, someone just randomly sent it to me for free!

And the last one I'll mention is when a neofriend gave me her skieth for the avatar, with a slorg attached for another avatar no less, and said I could keep it! She's so super nice, and she knows who she is :yes: <3

I love it when nice things happen. Fortunately I seem to run into nice people much more often than I run into rude people! :laughingsmiley:

Today I logged on to find a really gift from Meghan, an item that's been on my wishlist since the day it was released.

It was an awesome surprise since I had a horrible day. :wub_anim:

Thanks again, Meghan! You honestly rock my socks off. :yes:

This girl had a board open, and was lending people borrow her FQD, but the only thing they had to do was come in and chat. She then chose people, and would lend them it. I stayed in and chatted for a bit, thinking that I wasn't going to get it. But I was the last person she lent before closing her board for the day. I was very happy! She didn't even ask for coll or anything.

Some extremely wonderful, beautiful person gave me a very expensive item that they got from a random event, which I was then able to trade to get my Draik morphing potion! I truly couldn't believe it! I was having a very terrible day, which no one knew about, and I logged on to Neopets to find out that I would be able to have one of my dream pets in a matter of days. I was in utter shock for a few hours. I even asked several times if she wanted her item back, but she didn't. She doesn't know it, but she's going to have a nice surprise coming her way very soon. :)

The other really nice thing that I have had happen to me on Neopets was that someone lent me their Bony Grarrl Club, for the avatar, for free. It was the only avatar item that I had ever borrowed without full collateral. He had an awesome account rating system that he used to judge the reliability of someone as a borrower. When I first started chatting with him, I was a few points shy of meeting his requirements, but by the end of the day, I had earned some easy trophies and had enough points to borrow. Unfortunately, he has since self-iced. Now I just need to find an MSPP lender that's just as nice.

One night late on the Neoboards, someone created a topic that was something like "Give an item to the person that posts after you."

So people at first were like "Uhhh, what? How does that work?" and "Is this against the rules?"

But once people got into it, the topic grew to hundreds of posts. I gave out five moderately-priced items and got five items in return. One of them was a Speckled PB!

It was a beautiful night. I was literally in tears because it was so nice to see Neo players just generously giving for no reason instead of being rude to each other and complaining.

Then the haters came on, the ones who were all "People are just posting to get something and they're not giving anything," blah blah blah...and the topic fizzled. But for a good hour, people were just giving and having a great time. :)

Also, a few days ago, someone just randomly showed up in my Neomail and said "I heard Mutant Lenny was one of your dreamies" and I was like "Well yes but how did you know...?" She never answered that but she did say "Here you can have mine" and transferred me Herisy. Needless to say, that was awesome.

Gratz to everyone who posted before me. ^^

Well, someone discounted 200k for me on a Blue Hissi Morphing Potion and now Vickels is a Hissi. ^^

Someone discounted 200k when I bought my Cybunny a Halloween pb as well. ^^

I was 150k short on a Silver Shoyru Morph and someone discounted that for me as well.

I've gotten all kinds of gallery items from those Post your wishlist boards on the Avatar Chat boards.

Oh and when I was saving for my Halloween pb and Kacheek mutant potion I got over 300k in donations who just saw counters on my lookup or saw that I was saving from my siggy. ^^

The other really nice thing that I have had happen to me on Neopets was that someone lent me their Bony Grarrl Club, for the avatar, for free. It was the only avatar item that I had ever borrowed without full collateral. He had an awesome account rating system that he used to judge the reliability of someone as a borrower. When I first started chatting with him, I was a few points shy of meeting his requirements, but by the end of the day, I had earned some easy trophies and had enough points to borrow. Unfortunately, he has since self-iced. Now I just need to find an MSPP lender that's just as nice.

That's really awesome.

How can you tell the person self-iced?

I have a hard time begging on the boards, so I lurk there for a few days, then I post for a few days, then I stop. I am hoping for a RE :laughingsmiley: because I am sure I won't find someone who will lend me BGC, Suap or MSPP. i just don't hang out enough. That's why I keep hoping TDN will buy a bgc. :yes: ;)