Mutant Graveyard of Doom Avvie

The mutant Kacheek Graveyard of Doom Avvie is supposedly achieved by refreshing the game graveyard.

I've been clicking refresh for a good half-hour total over these past couple weeks, and still have no sign of getting it. ><

Has anyone else had any luck? How long did it take you? :3

I finally got it a few weeks ago. I had tried a few times, but didn't have the patience to wait. I finally sat down and refused to leave until I got it.

It took me about 50 minutes of refreshing at random times.

I've refreshed for half hour periods for countless days of the year, I've more or less given up on it. (my neopets account is approx 7 years old)

I've tried a lot on that one, to no avail. For a few days I left it open in a tab and refreshed in between doing other things, but wasn't successful with it, and I kinda gave up for now.

-thinks-

Does anyone know if autorefreshing is against neopet rules? I probably should've asked before I tried it, but it only occured to me now. D: I really hope it isn't...

Autorefreshing, as in a program? That is against the rules. As is setting anything on the F5 key. You have to manually do the refreshing yourself.

It only took me a few hours of refreshing to get the av.

Yes, auto-refreshers are equal to auto-ice. However, there is an addon for Firefox called 'Reload Every' that makes certain activities on Neopets a whole lot easier. Not that I would ever admit to using it, but...if put on a reasonable setting, like one refresh every second, it's seemingly undetectable. :whistle:

It only took me a few hours of refreshing to get the av.

Yes, auto-refreshers are equal to auto-ice. However, there is an addon for Firefox called 'Reload Every' that makes certain activities on Neopets a whole lot easier. Not that I would ever admit to using it, but...if put on a reasonable setting, like one refresh every second, it's seemingly undetectable. :whistle:

Interesting, very interesting. :worried: That may come in handy if I decide I can't handle trying any more. I was counting refreshes but I got bored after around 600...

Ugh! This one took me hours to get. I think I finally got it by sitting through most of a movie, with my laptop on my lap, and my finger on F5. Many of the other RF avatars were like that for me too.

And don't worry too much about the autorefresh mistake. We all make these mistakes sometimes. ;)

Good luck getting your avatar!

Sorry for breaking that conversation thread. D:

What can I do? I'm kind of panicking now, I used an auto refresher and don't want to be frozen for it! ><

Haha, *pets* Calm down, it'll be okay. I'm sure TnT has laid down trip wires for people that really abuse auto-refreshers (think refreshing multiple pages with unhuman speed). If you haven't been frozen by now, I'm sure you're alright. TnT hardly has the manpower nor the sheer will to go through billions of page refresh stats checking for refresher programs.

And yeah, not that I would ever endorse such a product or encourage its use, as that would be against the rules and I am totally not someone who breaks or bends the rules:

Reload Every Addon for Firefox

If someone were so inclined, they could set the custom options to reload every second. They could theoretically save time and effort refreshing at places like the graveyard, shop wizard, playing with pets, and so much more. And since it's only refreshing one page once a second, a perfectly ordinary increment of time, nothing trips any of those trip wires, see. ;)

If someone were so inclined, they could set the custom options to reload every second. They could theoretically save time and effort refreshing at places like the graveyard, shop wizard, playing with pets, and so much more. And since it's only refreshing one page once a second, a perfectly ordinary increment of time, nothing trips any of those trip wires, see. ;)

I've heard that when pages are refreshed at perfectly regular intervals (like one reload every second) it's a bigger clue that something is being used. I highly doubt someone would sit and make sure to refresh every second.

Anyway, my personal opinion is... don't try something that's against rules. Yeah, it's a gamble... it's possible you may not get caught. But is it worth the risk? I personally love my account and pets. I've worked hard for years and I would never want to see anything happen.

Well of course refreshing at perfect intervals is a big red flag. However, just because your browser sends a request to a web server to refresh a page doesn't mean it actually gets refreshed every single second. When the refreshing is done browser-side, it actually shows up on the server side looking quite erratic.

;)

Okay. -takes deep breath-

I hope nothing happens out of it. Thanks, Wemblin. :3

I wouldn't worry, but I would seriously advise against repeatedly using them as if you are caught you will be immediately frozen. However, if you haven't been frozen yet I'd suggest you're in the all clear.

I tend to stay away from anything that might be even vaguely against the rules as with nearly 7 year account with pets who I have spent a lot of time and effort on I would be devestated if I lost my account.

I tried for hours each day for a couple of weeks to get that avvie, without succeeding. Then I gave up. Then one day I was passing through the Haunted Woods and casually clicked the graveyard and got it! What a relief! ^_^

I tried for hours each day for a couple of weeks to get that avvie, without succeeding. Then I gave up. Then one day I was passing through the Haunted Woods and casually clicked the graveyard and got it! What a relief! ^_^

That's awesome. It's nice to catch a break when it comes to something so frustrating, isn't it?

All of the refresh avatars gave me a hard time. Some of them took me, literally, hours of solid refreshing. But on my side account, I got all of them after just a few refreshes. Go figure.

All of the refresh avatars gave me a hard time. Some of them took me, literally, hours of solid refreshing. But on my side account, I got all of them after just a few refreshes. Go figure.

Now this is just a theory, but it seems as though people with younger accounts have a slightly easier time getting some hard-to-get avvies (I say this because I assume your side accounts are younger than your main). I forget which one it was, but I got one in a few minutes when other friends with older accounts have never been able to get them.

Examples of this (for me, anyway) include the 'Grundo - Discarded Plushie' and 'Gerapiktu - Lost' avatars. I'm pretty sure I got those ones on the first or second visits to those places. Other people have told me they've been trying for EVER to get those ones. But then again, it could just be all related to luck and randomness.

WHO KNOWS :woot:?!? haha that's the fun and frustration of it, I guess.

I suppose I'll try my hand at getting this Mutant Graveyard of Doom avvie now to test my theory. Updates later!

/nods/ I think Neopets is rigged to reward new accounts with looser REs, and then the more an account ages, the more far-between the REs are.

grrr.gif

Agreed! My account is 9 1/2 years old and random avatars haaaaate me. It took me like a 5 days of refreshing for a couple hours a day to get the Mutant Graveyard one. XD

I don't think I'll ever get discarded plushie, geraptiku tomb, or the blumaroo jester/king skarl one, I just have no luck with stuff like that.