Increasing the Level of Pets: Worth it?

Featheon

Hello Reader!

I'm not sure if this is an obvious question or not, but is there any other benefit to increasing your pet's level other than for

the Battledome? I was just thinking how so many other pets I see have high levels (like around 20+) and I thought

"Is there a need for that if your never going to use the Battledome?"

I would just like to know what the point of it is before I start investing time and neopoints, I don't want to waste either.

Well yes.. mostly it's for battledome. Since it's battledome, it also covers the battledome related avatars (avatars you can collect only by defeating certain battledome opponents).

We have our Fast Training Guide to help you with your training (also to make it cheaper for you). Good luck!

-BlackJaguar-

-TDN Battlepedia Admin-

It depends if you use the battledome. If you don't (like me), then you don't need to care. If you do, then levels are a vital part of battling. Coltzan's Shrine can increase your stats if you are lucky.

It is really only for the Battledome but I have also found that people are impressed when they look at your pet. It isnt just the look of your pet, or the amount of avvies you have, but some people (like me) are impressed with high stats.

If you're not wanting to spend a lot of NP and training isn't a big deal to you, wait around. Go to Coltzan's Shrine, as it can raise stats. When you get Codestones, save them in your SDB, instead of selling them. When you have a good stock-pile of Codestones, then you can go to train pets, and you will have a higher chance of having the Codestone that's required. Also, do Faerie Quests. (Except the Earth Faerie ones are useless.)

That's what I do. With only having trained a couple times, all my main pets are around level 20 and have good stats, considering I've never trained them.

If you're an avatar collector, your pet must be at least level 2 in order to play deadly dice (which also has a chance of raising/lowering their level) to get the Count Von Roo avatar. So I would say it's a good idea to have at least one pet about level 1. Also, if you ever want to trade your pets, having higher stats gives you a better chance of getting good offers, especially if the pet is BN or VBN.