Any hints?

Secre

I'm really struggling in Yooyuball against the offensive side Tyrannia - I've been fine all previous days but this is the first offensive team I've played. Does anyone have any tips for how to play against an offensive team?

Actually, there is not much difference, just play like what you usually do against a defensive team.. offensives are actually much easier since once you past their forwards, only 1 defender and the goalie is left.. :)

good luck to you.. :)

Cool thanks. I don't seem to be quick enough off the mark and let too many goals through whereas normally I rarely let one through. I've found if I get to the back quickly I'm fine!

Thanks.

I find it difficult to play them... I dont like it

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I realised the main reason I was struggling is because I'd created a strategy for the defense and 2+2 which was the same for both and seems to work, but it doesn't work for the offensive enemy! I also wish the game would stop giving me faerie balls...

I dislike playing offensive teams too. I suck as goalie. I have developed a good strategy with scoring for a defensive team, but not an offensive team. :sad01_anim:

My hint is stop playing. Really, why bother? b)

Surrender to the powerful Tyrannia (Who will lose again this YYb match :laughingsmiley:)

Lol, why do I believe that is the voice of bias speaking!!!!? And you never know, your team have lost so many YYB they may get their backsides in gear and really push to win...

I have to admit I'm concerned about the side games with Tyrannia

The way i battle offensive teams is the minute the game is about to start, i move my cursor close to where my offensive guy (i play 1+3) is, and the minute the game starts, i move him up, get the ball, and go up between the top and middle guys, which gives me a shot at the goal with one defender thats nowhere near me. It works up till i get a darigan/faerie ball. then i just move around until i get a good position to shoot.

The way i battle offensive teams is the minute the game is about to start, i move my cursor close to where my offensive guy (i play 1+3) is, and the minute the game starts, i move him up, get the ball, and go up between the top and middle guys, which gives me a shot at the goal with one defender thats nowhere near me. It works up till i get a darigan/faerie ball. then i just move around until i get a good position to shoot.

Me too. Same with middly-of-the-road (2+2) and defensive (1+3) options.

I usually hit more goals than other teams even with SHENKUU! But I faced trouble when Krawk island got two goals against us! But still we won! Moltara for the cup! :woot: :woot:

Well, I'm no Yooyuball expert, but from my limited experience I'd have to say that the key to beating offensive teams is ball control. :yes: Grab the Yooyu the moment it emerges, scoot between their players, and shoot. If you miss, get the Yooyu as quickly as possible. If they manage to get the Yooyu, intercept and tackle it from their player before he even gets close to lining up for a shot.

If you're having trouble getting the Yooyu when it comes out after the animation, well, that's a use for the 'X' feature. ;) Click slightly below and to the right of the Yooyu, and your nearest player will rush in and grab it (arriving conveniently next to your cursor in the process), cutting down on the time needed to select him/her.

If you're having trouble getting the Yooyu when it comes out after the animation, well, that's a use for the 'X' feature. ;) Click slightly below and to the right of the Yooyu, and your nearest player will rush in and grab it (arriving conveniently next to your cursor in the process), cutting down on the time needed to select him/her.

Also adding to that, if you really want to get to the ball faster, you can run your mouse over the player that you want selected during the yooyu animation and it will be selected already when you start. While you can't see your players during the animation, they're always in the same spot so once you figure out approximately where they are you can just swing your mouse around until it turns into the little hand or what not letting you know you found the play. Then of course you can skip through the rest of the animation by pressing the space bar if you so desire.