Rude people D:

Mimii

Have you guys ever dealt with people that are just stupid rude for no reason on Neopets? I neomailed this girl and asked her how much she wanted for her Red Kadoatie (TCG), then I neomailed another person that also had a trade up for the same thing.

The second person sent me a neomail and said 500k, so I went ahead and bought that one since the other person never replied. Almost immediately after I bought the other one, the first chick replied. She simply said, "I am asking 1.2m for it".

So I sent her a message back and said, "Ah, ok thank you. I just bought it for 500k though so nevermind. ^^"

Then she sends me a message just now and it says this, "considering you are trying to sell a nightstone tcg for 6mil, you do understand how annoying you are? Don't bother me again please."

What's that?! I neomailed her twice; once asking for a price and the second time say thank you but no thank you.

Anyone else have things like this happen? Of course it's not a big deal, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt your feelings a little bit.

Ughhh this happens to me a lot too. I had this trade for an MP and this guy makes an offer and then nms me and says,"If you don't except my offer, I am going to get my adminstrator friend to freeze you.". How rude! And mean. :(

o_O I love that, people get all crazy and say things like "Oh I will have my friend hack you!!!1"

People need to lighten up. :P

Edit: Did you report them for that btw? That sounds like a threat (even though you know s/he can't do that lol)

That is so peculiar. And why does you having another trade up make you annoying?

I dunno, plus the amount I am selling it for (6m) is the current market price so I dunno why that matters anyway. o_O

I agree! It happens too much on Neo methinks D=

Maybe she's the annoying one xD

Mew, at least you got what you wanted for your gallery in the end. ^_^

Wow, that's awful =\ some people are just plain immature. She was probably just cheesed off you didn't buy it from her after all. :rolleyes_anim:

Don't let it get you down though, in my experience there are many more nice people than there are rude jerks playing Neopets. ^_^

Sometimes it's because English is the not the first language of the person you're talking to. They sound rude but maybe that's because they don't know how to use the language.

The main reason is that each time you go online - on Neopets, on any forum, on YouTube - you will meet a lot of bizarre people.

I think it's because these bizarre people are not intelligent enough to adapt to being online. In real life our behavior is modified by the practices of society, the presence of our family and friends, the examples of our "normal" peers, etc. Online, the filters of common sense vanish, and people start acting like freaks!

Therefore, you meet many strange characters online: socially depraved people, neurotics and psychotics who would rather be online (where they can get away with bizarre behavior) than out in the "real world," and the scum of society who can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet.

Her message pretty much consisted of " wah wah wah wah. I didn't get to rip you off <insert insult here>. wah wah wah"

That was my thought too. She realized if she'd been a little faster in replying, she could have sold it for far more than it was worth. And since she didn't get too, she decided to be really rude.

And I think she was jealous she didn't have something she could try to sell for 6 million.

Look on the bright side: at least you don't know this person in real life. :) You can move on, and you can be secure in your position knowing that you're morally and intellectually superior to that silly girl. :)

Yes. The best way to deal with rude people is to ignore them. When I work with rude people, I tell myself "One day they'll die alone, angry, and still as rude as spoiled children, or, better yet, they'll die surrounded by their rude, bickering, harmful, angry friends! :yes:

Yeah, it sounds like she was just bitter that she lost the sale and that you had an item that was worth a lot in your trades.

Still, that was very rude of her, but since there are no real consequences for rudeness on the internet, some people take advantage of that. Try to ignore it and move on.

OOH OOH I have something to add! I just encountered a Rude Person the other day and I just remembered about this topic.

So I've been buying lab maps recently, after selling off all the things in my SDB. And so I neomailed a few people with trades on the TP to see how much they'd charge for a single piece. I asked one girl for piece #1, and another for #2 and #6. The first girl replied with "Well, I'm in a good mood, so I'll let you have it for 100K." I replied to her and said sorry but I already bought it. What I DIDN'T tell her was that I found it in a shop for like 68K <_<

So this other girl offers me pieces #2 and #6 for 100K and 250K, respectively. She was so nice, that I bought piece #6 from her immediately and told her I'd have the rest for #2 in a week or so, and she said she'd save it for me ^_^

And then, the other girl sends me a message saying "I have piece #2 in a trade if you want it. 250K" when the other girl offered me piece #2 for 100K! So this time I sent her a message saying thanks but no thanks, I'd promised to buy it from someone else for 100K. THAT shut her up! :laughingsmiley:

The fact that there was such a HUGE discrepancy in prices makes me think that maybe she was using a different numbering system... but me and the second girl were both using this numbering method:

So I know for sure that SHE wasn't confused :yes: The other girl just seemed so rude and arrogant! Telling me since she was "in a good mood" so she would "LET me" have it for a ridiculous price... and then to send me another message, unsolicited, saying I could have another one of her ridiculously over-priced pieces if I'd like. NO THANK YOU. o_O

Maybe she thought she could pull a fast one on me since I'm a no0b with a 6-month-old account :laughingsmiley: no way sister.

Anyway. This ends my rant. Huzzah!

Haha, I hate when people don't even put a ball park price in their wish list in the trading post. It takes so much more time waiting for people to respond and what not to then realize that they are entirely ridiculously priced. Sometimes people are just silly. I suppose those are the same people that are wondering why they're stuff isn't selling.

Side not, how do you get TCG cards? Is there a shop somewhere or where do these materialize from?

add me to the list of angry people. i was on the TP and i put up a lab map costing 115k. i was in a hurry and foolishly accepted a scam offer of 115 np. tried to neomail the person, and even to give him dung or something but he just blocked me. the nerve!!!

add me to the list of angry people. i was on the TP and i put up a lab map costing 115k. i was in a hurry and foolishly accepted a scam offer of 115 np. tried to neomail the person, and even to give him dung or something but he just blocked me. the nerve!!!

You should report them. While it was maybe a bit silly of you to accept an offer without really looking hard at it first, TNT considers it scamming when people make deceptive offers on trades.

I've had a few rude ones, I just tend to block them all. And seriously, if someone doesn't want to be mailed about a price then they should put what they are asking for on their wish list. When you simply say none or leave the list blank of course you are going to be neomailed countless times. Also anyone who seriously puts up junk/joke offers on my lots, say 100 np for a 500k item, I block them too. I figure that I don't want to deal with the person who isn't even attempting to be reasonable. It seems mean, but I notice them same people always seem to offer junk on my trades, so it at least takes care of the scammers/spammers and helps me not accept dumb offers.

That's awful. How rude of her. I've never dealt with anyone rude on trades like that but I have had people join my guild and then leave and send me rude neomails after they've left complaining that I didn't make them feel welcome when they were only in the guild for about an hour and I wasn't on neopets at all during that time!

I have a Camo PB up on the TP. I had 110k in my wish list at the time. I got an offer of a junk item, and 110 NP. Now, just to be safe, incase someone really doesn't know what 110k means, I put (110,000) after it.

I hate when people try to scam people like that. My husband had a PB up, and someone offered him a Baby PB.. PLUSHIE. The plushie, not the PB.

I have a Camo PB up on the TP. I had 110k in my wish list at the time. I got an offer of a junk item, and 110 NP. Now, just to be safe, incase someone really doesn't know what 110k means, I put (110,000) after it.

I hate when people try to scam people like that. My husband had a PB up, and someone offered him a Baby PB.. PLUSHIE. The plushie, not the PB.

That happens a lot. People try to sell PB plushies for PB prices.

Problem is, a lot of people act quickly and might fall for that before they realize it. It's annoying.

That happens a lot. People try to sell PB plushies for PB prices.

Problem is, a lot of people act quickly and might fall for that before they realize it. It's annoying.

I also saw someone with a Petpet Lab Map piece on the TP, requesting 10k, they even said "That's what it's worth." It wasn't a complete set. It was ONE piece. I've never paid more than 800np for one piece. Let alone 10k for one.

I also saw someone with a Petpet Lab Map piece on the TP, requesting 10k, they even said "That's what it's worth." It wasn't a complete set. It was ONE piece. I've never paid more than 800np for one piece. Let alone 10k for one.

What! That's ridiculous. I've seen them as low as 650NP in some shops. There is no way that person is honestly ignorant of the actual price. They're just relying on newbs to assume it's stupidly expensive because it's a lab map piece, and the secret lab pieces are expensive, so they must be expensive too! Ughhh these people should be banned! <_<