Shop Wizard Limit?

Ashbash

Just wondering, when did this start happening?

Screenshot2010-05-21at84522PM.png

I haven't restocked my shop in a while but I finally got around to it today and I had one more item to price and got the above message. Maybe I just had more items than usual but I've never gotten the message before. Or is it just that too many people are using it at once? Any info would be helpful, I'm curious about this.

I've gotten this before. But I searched a lot repeatedly. It was when I was searching for Faerie items, simply by seaching "faerie" so you can imagine how many searches I did.

Usually, it's only when you've been doing massive amounts of searches. I wouldn't think you could get that from pricing things in your shop.

I've had that happen to me several times when pricing stock in my shop. I guess price checking an item 5-10 times for 35+ items is too much work for the Shop Wizard.

Banned from the Shop Wizard

On rare occasion, you can be banned from the Shop Wizard. It happens when you search and research too much during the same hour. In these case, you cannot use the Shop Wizard until next hours starts.

See: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/shop-wizard/

And see: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/super-shop-wizard/

Wow I did not realize there was a limit. o.O I have never gotten that message before.

I don't know if there's a specific limit. I think it's partly random: for example, I could do several dozen searches and this event won't happen, but you could do only a few dozen searches and this happens. Just my theory. :)

I don't know if there's a specific limit. I think it's partly random: for example, I could do several dozen searches and this event won't happen, but you could do only a few dozen searches and this happens. Just my theory. :)

I agree. I also believe it to be random concerning when you get cut off. Sometimes it takes a long time, other times, it happens relatively quickly.

And, in addition to being random, it's also ironic. :D For example, after I got the SDB Pack Rat avatar, I never got this event again! It's like the Shop Wizard only closes when it's most inconvenient for you. :)

Yeah, I agree. The Shop Wizard will always run out of steam when I have two more items to price in my shop.

Yeah, I agree. The Shop Wizard will always run out of steam when I have two more items to price in my shop.

Exactly! That always happens to me too. Especially after I started selling off items in my SDB after getting the pack rat avvie.

I've never gotten this message before but now I know that its out there and too not overuse the shop wizard. I only use the shop wizard to price items in my shop but I do it the lazy way. I only search once for each item and price according to the results I get from the shop wizard.