Typing Terror Avatar

IrishLiz

Finally got this one today, I've been trying for a couple of weeks now. Feel like I have carpal tunnel from trying to get this avatar, haha. I'm going to have to echo what everyone else has said, you basically have to get lucky with the red/broken grundos you get. Keep playing, you'll get it eventually! Now I guess I gotta head back to Meerca Chase; ugh I will be so happy when I get that one.

Good luck!

Seriously, how the heck do you people type so fast? I literally have to stare at my keyboard to type. My high score in Typing Terror is 1,788 and I haven't even been able to reach that score the last times I've tried to play.

Do you guys type the proper way? Does that make it easier?

Depending on what you mean by "the proper way", typing without looking at the keyboard definitely helps. It saves you time looking up at the monitor and then back down to type. Another thing I do is look at a word and then type it whilst looking at the next word to type. It helps 'cause you can type non-stop.

Seriously, how the heck do you people type so fast? I literally have to stare at my keyboard to type. My high score in Typing Terror is 1,788 and I haven't even been able to reach that score the last times I've tried to play.

I'm a speed typer myself. When I was last tested for a job, I got about 96 WPM, with high accuracy. I've never taken a typing class in my life. (Or a computer class for that matter. I tested out of that in HS, because I knew it all already.) My secret... practice. I remember growing up, watching my dad type so fast you could barely see his fingers. But I grew up around computers, since my dad has worked in the computer industry for over 30 years. We always had computers at home, first a family one, then I had my own by middle school. Just by using it a lot, and a good amount of Instant Messenger over the years, my typing just naturally improved.

And with Typing Terror, when I first started playing, I couldn't get past level 5. I lost all my lives, every time. Now, unless my computer lags out, I never don't finish the game. Even after playing for awhile, I couldn't finish the Boss level in time. Now, I usually have 20 seconds left over. So practice is the best thing. First, you get used to the words. (Though xelqued still nearly gets me in trouble on level 5.) Then you can type them quickly, and by memory. The pattern becomes second nature for your fingers and they just type it. (Or is that just me?) That helps you look ahead, like KB24 said. And the more you know the words, and the keyboard... the easier it is.

Yet, to a certain extent, it still does come down to luck and how many broken Grundos you get. I sometimes get a massive amount on level 1 and 2, then very few after that. I end up with a score about the same as a game without more than a couple. Just keep practicing and you'll get it.

KB24- Yea, I meant not having to look at the keyboard to type. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that.

Spritzie- 96 WPM? Dang! That's impressive. @_@ I guess I really have to try typing more often. Most of the time I'm just reading what other people write and not say anything myself. ehh :T I'll just keep practicing. Thanks for the advice!

We had to be able to get a certain word count to graduate from high school. I learned the proper way in a middle school class. Since then, I've just had to do a lot of typing, whether for essays/papers/lab reports or IMing, or emailing, etc. so I've had a lot of practice. I don't look at the keyboard when I type.

My dad does a lot of computer work, some programming actually, and he uses the two finger method, which I find really funny. :laughingsmiley: He does pretty well with it though.

I still haven't gotten the avatar... my highest (as I said earlier in this forum, but it still stings) was 3596. :grrr:

I envy those of you that grew up with computers in your homes and schools and actually got to learn to type at a young age. Typing was not mandatory when I was in high school. You had a choice between Business (typing) or Tech (Automotive Mechanics). I took Tech. My family never had a computer until after I graduated from college. We had an old electric typewriter, but it almost never got used for anything. School assignments didn't need to be typed, as long as your handwriting was legible.

I've seriously only been typing for about ten years, and it really isn't an automatic action for me. I have to think about every word I type before I type it. After months of playing Typing Terror, I still can only barely get to level 5. I'm fine with typing any of the more common words, but anything really weird messes me up. I think I might use the word list to help me practice the harder words outside of the game, so that they become more automatic for me. Even then, this will probably be one of the hardest game avatars for me to get.

I am beyond frustrated with this game. Everytime I play the game glitches so I can never get past the first level. Oh well keep trying I guess. Good luck to everyone trying to get this avatar!