I Taunt the Pant Devil Avatar?

Jules1212

You will need to refresh, until you get the avatar. :) It varies with how long it takes. I got mine immediately, but a lot of people had to refresh for quite awhile.

Oh, what works quite well is to simply hold down the F5 key for a while, and then check your preferences to see if you got the avatar. If I remember correctly, the avvie appears near the bottom of the page, after all your items, so it can be quite a bother to refresh and check over and over again.

Hope that helps! :3

Oh, what works quite well is to simply hold down the F5 key for a while, and then check your preferences to see if you got the avatar. If I remember correctly, the avvie appears near the bottom of the page, after all your items, so it can be quite a bother to refresh and check over and over again.

Hope that helps! :3

Holding down the F5 key, is considered cheating by Neopets, so I wouldn't do that.

Holding down the F5 key, is considered cheating by Neopets, so I wouldn't do that.

o_O

You're kidding.

When did that happen?

I hope I don't get banned for doing that....it's what I've always done when it ever says you gotta refresh....now I'm scared. :worried:

I just acquired all necessary items for the avatar. Now to count the refreshes! I'll be quick with the F5 key, but I guess I just won't hold it down :eh:

And if anyone here needs the items after I'm done, send me a message and we'll work something out ^_^

it's better not to use F5, just in case they think something strange is happening. What i reccomend doing, if you have a laptop, is to watch tv and refresh every so often. what neopets (likely) looks for is the time of the refreshes, if it's too regular or frequent it could be a bot which is a freezable offense.

While refreshing to get the avatar (which took a lot of refreshing) I had another window open and was watching a tv show on my laptop so every few minutes I would refresh. I didn't get a warning from TNT and I didn't get any random events except the one awarding me the avatar. I used my F5 key to refresh. I don't really like the refreshing avatars or tasks.

o_O

You're kidding.

When did that happen?

I hope I don't get banned for doing that....it's what I've always done when it ever says you gotta refresh....now I'm scared. :worried:

I don't know when it happened, but I read it in the Editorial.

I just use an auto refresher to get these avatars (like auto refreshing a Neomail to get Neomail addict).

Same with this. If you're not doing it yourself, it's considered cheating. You can't hold it down and you can't set something up to do it for you.

I got it! I just kept clicking refresh really quickly, or pressing F5. Didn't get anything last night as I was tired and kept forgetting to refresh that page but this morning I went at it.

Anyone need some Bone Sceptres or Golden Gerapiktu Talismans? :rolleyes_anim:

I use Firefox and an add-on called Speed Dial. I sent what ever window I want to refresh in a new dial page and set it to refresh however often I want. After getting my 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman I added the inventory to my Speed Dial, set it to refresh every five seconds and within a minute had my avatar and a minute after that started putting my stuff up in my shop and up on the trading post. :) The longest thing was collecting the 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman but most were cheap at about 450 NP each. I know I spent about 38,500 NP since I withdrew 55,000 NP from my bank account to buy the Talismans and redeposited a little over 16,000 after buying the 93 talismans.

I use Firefox and an add-on called Speed Dial. I sent what ever window I want to refresh in a new dial page and set it to refresh however often I want. After getting my 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman I added the inventory to my Speed Dial, set it to refresh every five seconds and within a minute had my avatar and a minute after that started putting my stuff up in my shop and up on the trading post. :) The longest thing was collecting the 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman but most were cheap at about 450 NP each. I know I spent about 38,500 NP since I withdrew 55,000 NP from my bank account to buy the Talismans and redeposited a little over 16,000 after buying the 93 talismans.

That would be considered cheating by TNT, as you aren't doing the refreshing yourself. If you have a program (macros, auto-refresh, Speed Dial) do the refreshing for you, it's not allowed. They watch for people using things like that.

Woohoo--thanks for the help everyone! I just got the avatar! A lot of the activities on Neopets right now involve refreshing (especially the Festival of Neggs, the worm quest in Moltara, the list is endless!) While I do think it's probably safer to click a button, I do think that Neopets expects a lot of refreshing on their site.

Best of luck everyone and thanks again!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.