Wheel of knowledge

Secre

At 500np a shot I would have thought there would be better prizes than on the 150np wheels, however I always get cruddy game cheats and such like. Are there actually any decent prizes on it or am I wasting my np.

Well, just like all wheels, you just gotta have a bit of luck ;3

For all the prizes you can get, look at this. It's at the bottom. Well, near the bottom ;3

Personally, I want to land on the flag for the avatar! xD

Edited by shadows4fairy

the wheel of knowledge has been terrible in the aspect of playing it for profit. the wheel of excitement is much better. i've never gotten any prizes from the wheel that were of any value, i just am playing it every day until i get the avatar.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one disappointed in it. I am playing it for the avatar - but it's an expensive wheel so I thought perhaps I was just particularly unlucky on it.

There's also a chance of winning scrolls and job coupons, both of which are worth more than 500 NP. Some books are, too. However, the odds of winning either of these prizes are so low, it's not even worth the effort. I agree, I'll get the avatar and never go near it again, like the Wheel of Misfortune.

What's with all the wheel hate?

If you think about it, you can make more than enough neopoints needed to spin all the wheels there are by earning 1k from any game.

And then obviously, you win sometimes and you lose others, but when you do win, I think the winnings usually outweigh all the NP you've spent on the wheel.

What is 900 NP compared to a possible paint brush?

What's with all the wheel hate?

If you think about it, you can make more than enough neopoints needed to spin all the wheels there are by earning 1k from any game.

And then obviously, you win sometimes and you lose others, but when you do win, I think the winnings usually outweigh all the NP you've spent on the wheel.

What is 900 NP compared to a possible paint brush?

This is the most expensive wheel, by a good margin, as well as more often than not, you get bad prizes. I'd say 95% of the spins I've done, I've won: Another free spin (a few times in a row, only to win nothing), Game Cheats, wisdom from the King, or the Light Faerie saying I take good care of my pets. Less than 5 times, have I won anything else... and that was a book.

I personally don't think it's worth it. 500np a day, adds up quickly, when it rarely pays back. Just a week of spinning the wheel, and you've paid out 3500np. Make it a month, 15,000np. And even out of 30 spins, what are the chances of having won anything close to making it worth that 15k?

I dunno...you win books and windows quite often. And the windows are quite pretty ;3

And I've had my pet's INT increased quite a few times too.... :graduated:

Besides, you can view this wheel kinda like a long term investment, obviously you won't see results right away, maybe not even in a month, but what about in 5 months and you win a job coupon?

Usually, the windows are useless. You can't sell them for much, if you don't like them. And they can't be put in the 2.0 Neohomes.

I'd have a hard time feeling good about putting up 75k, in the off chance I'd get a big pay out.

Meh, I kinda started collecting them, not actively, but just keeping the ones I get from the wheel in my SDB. xD

And another thing is that there's not much to do and if spinning the wheel of knowledge is amusing for a bit, then I'll do it. I suppose that's also one of the reasons I've never been able to save past 1m >.<

And the way I think of it is: I play one game to get 1k, which takes maybe a minute, and then I can go spin the wheels and it won't matter if I don't win anything cause I'm not losing anything either.

@shadows4fairy Honestly I've been spinning this wheel for a couple of years now and NEVER got anything decent, so I don't think this wheel is worth it, at all.

Well that's the luck factor. I mean, obviously people are able to get good prizes from it (I know a couple people who got coupons and were ecstatic about it for like a week afterwards xD).

And my point is, You've got NOTHING to lose by spinning it.

So what if you've never got anything decent yet? Would you rather have 0% chance of getting something good or 0.0001%? Personally, I'd go for the 0.0001%.

On the short term, it seems like nothing to lose. But if you play a game to get the NP to spin it, and you do that for a year... that's 180k a year, that could have been put into your account, and used for other things. Which is why I'm going to stop after I get the avatar. I'd much rather have the NP, that I can use on PB or whatever, instead of pretty much gambling with it... hoping I get something to make it worth it. And chances are... it won't happen.

Well that's the luck factor. I mean, obviously people are able to get good prizes from it (I know a couple people who got coupons and were ecstatic about it for like a week afterwards xD).

And my point is, You've got NOTHING to lose by spinning it.

So what if you've never got anything decent yet? Would you rather have 0% chance of getting something good or 0.0001%? Personally, I'd go for the 0.0001%.

Actually I prefer keeping my 500np and having 0%. I'll test my luck at Snowy for free :king:

I suppose if you truly saved up the NP from the wheel and just kept it, it would add up to a lot over time.

However, you will be playing other games, several times. In fact, if you played all the games on the dailies list here, you'd get, what? 100k a day. 3m+ a year. On that scale, the money for this wheel is negligible.

On the flipside, you're spending money anyways, if you're not using 500NP a day on this, you'd probably spend it on some random item you don't really need.

Actually I prefer keeping my 500np and having 0%. I'll test my luck at Snowy for free :king:

What snowy? o_O

I meant the Snowager... Sorry I call him Snowy usually :P

Don't have time for all those games though. Rather read a book. I live from my dailies and from restocking if I feel like it.