The Text Message Attack

CAV of Gang Green

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you side with?

• The girl
    • The boy
    • Other (explain in post)
    • I don't know

I didn't hear anything about her being killed, just a coma. And what Swim Freak said is acually the exact thing I would've done, so I'm siding with her. Put the kid in therapy, kinda like the one I'm in now, and then we see where it goes. If he still blows it, then try him as an adult.

You think it's a good idea to basically give a slap on the wrist, by putting him in therapy, then if he blows it after that, then he should be tried as an adult? What if with that second chance he blows, he does worse than what he did this time and he actually ends up killing someone? (Or putting another person in a coma?)

Some crimes, don't deserve second chances... which is actually why there is varying degrees to murder and other crimes, with varying sentences for them. The punishment is supposed to be just according to the viciousness of the crime. I don't think many would think therapy is a good punishment for nearly beating someone to death. (And this isn't exactly a "crime of passion" where it was in the moment.) He clearly planned it, which adds to the severity of it all.

To me, "remedying" this with therapy, is sending a message that what he did was not good, but only bad enough to get put in therapy.

Neither of them were right. The girl shouldnt have made the comment the boy should not have beat her up/almost KILLED her. However, I tend to side with the girl. The boy is 15, and he should know better! He almost killed a fellow being! How could he?! Even though she made a comment that shouldnt have been made... It is still really stupid. He should have thought about all of the people who would get involved, all of the families, friends, just people in their life. Know how do you think people will look at him, knowing that he "attempted murder"?

i chose other because neither the boy or the girl were in the right. The girl had made rude comments about the boy's relationships and family, and the boy simply reacted.

Not really, If it was on the spot, then yeah, he would have just reacted badly and should go into therapy. Fact is, this wasn't a reaction, he planned this attack for hours (maybe days)

Ya maybe he planed it, as a temper tantrum that the girl set off on him, if a girl (who was younger than him) was able to anger him enough to set out and kill her, he needs serious therapy!

I agree... he definitely needs therapy. And I suspect that will probably be something he gets, regardless of being tried as an adult.

You think it's a good idea to basically give a slap on the wrist, by putting him in therapy, then if he blows it after that, then he should be tried as an adult? What if with that second chance he blows, he does worse than what he did this time and he actually ends up killing someone? (Or putting another person in a coma?)

Some crimes, don't deserve second chances... which is actually why there is varying degrees to murder and other crimes, with varying sentences for them. The punishment is supposed to be just according to the viciousness of the crime. I don't think many would think therapy is a good punishment for nearly beating someone to death. (And this isn't exactly a "crime of passion" where it was in the moment.) He clearly planned it, which adds to the severity of it all.

To me, "remedying" this with therapy, is sending a message that what he did was not good, but only bad enough to get put in therapy.

Observe: That post says no therapy, and he should be tried as an adult.

I agree... he definitely needs therapy. And I suspect that will probably be something he gets, regardless of being tried as an adult.

And this post says yes to therapy and maybe or maybe not be tried as an adult.

So you just dug yourself in a hole with these two posts, as they are exact opposites. Also note that the top is at me, while the bottom is at Swim Freak. You just shoved your own words down your throat.

I think people really do hate what I say.

If you read her posts you would understand that she is saying that he shouldn't just get away with therapy. That won't solve anything because as mentioned, he could just go out and do it again.

She is saying that he should get a sentencing of lock up detention (juvenile or higher depending if he's tried as an adult) and still be seen by a therapist.

Nothing contradictory there. And no one hates what you say, despite you clearly trying to pick a fight. Your automatic assumption of hatred is impairing your judgment.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This thread is getting out of hand both in terms of rudeness and appropriate content.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.