Does anyone else think NeoCash is expensive?

musicsquared

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think NC is expensive?

I only ever use neocash when it's the free stuff you can get from DD, Qasalan Expellibox etc. I quite like many of the NC items but I don't have enough free cash to be able to spend my real money on virtual items. I doubt I'd buy even if it was cheaper, but there would be a higher chance!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed. Note you are talking to TDN's Video Game Addict, so listing Video Games was a HUGE mistake.

On topic: At least they have entertainment. And not everyone buys that. There's something called, FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, CLOTHING. Would you rather have that, or some pretty virtual items that mean nothing. That's most likely what Divy meant when she posted.

Last time I checked, dressing up pets WAS entertainment. o.O Just not your cup of tea, clearly.

And only an idiot would sacrifice the necessities for NC. Most people who do buy it spend extra money they have. :/

I got so excited about all the NC Mall items when it was first launched that I just had to buy some NC cash to satisfy my thirst for the shinies. But I'm pretty much over it now. That's not to say I don't like the things there, I like many of them a lot but not enough to spend real life money on them. Plus I don't feel like giving money to a company that I feel doesn't treat its users with respect.

I was a fool to buy, only to have my account frozen. At least I wasn't on premium. And if you come to think of it, it IS expensive and the the items themselves are expensive as well. I am NEVER EVER putting money into that site after what they did to me. It's horrible.

Sorry about that. Ya it is definately obscene that they charge those amounts of money for little things. I personally dont spend money on neopets, but I know people who can spend hundreds of dollars on it. I think that they should tone it down a little, at least making it cheaper. I do understand why they do it though, because if they didn't, they would have to charge for people to play.

While I've been a staunch supporter of keeping all NC items untradeable, I"ve gotten back into Gaia this week, and I think I've changed my mind. (they added a MMO while I was gone!!)

Although giving people the ability to sell NC items would give them an unfair advantage in some respecs, it would also give us cheep buggerss a means to get the items we desire. It certainly would allow more folks to participate in NC events, as those with cash would buy extra to sell on the Shop wiz

I think NC is expensive. I wouldn't spend my personal money on it because, well like what others have mentioned, it is just a luxury item. I don't have to dress my neopet in such a way (and I don't). But then again, if I do get free NC from the events, etc., I wouldn't mind using them up. Because let's face it free is always better.

I have my ups and downs with neocash, at first I refused to buy it... then I caved and I've found myself addicted.

As much as I like it I am sometimes frustrated with it because it hogs my actual money.

This thread reminds me... I ought to get a little more neocash to collect the new MME xD

id rather buy shoes for me than my neopet.. NC stuff isnt really all that great either. i find that sometimes the animation distracts attention from the pet and the superpacks are for people with no imagination imo.

like everyone else i do try expellibox, but i rly think that thing is rigged.. :(

Yes, don't buy NC. Sit back and watch Neo either switch to pay-to-play or go out of business. Brilliant.

I think that it's only ever worth getting NC by the Qasalan Expellibox or by events like the Daily Dare. Otherwise neopets is just taking your money.

Yes, because they don't need money to keep the site running AT ALL, amiright? >_>

Why are people under the impression that Neo can possibly exist while being 100% free? I thought I already busted that myth. o.O Do I have to do it again?

I thought I already busted that myth. o.O Do I have to do it again?

Maybe.

I'm aware that TNT needs cash, but do it in another way *COUGHPrimiumCOUGH*.

Yes, don't buy NC. Sit back and watch Neo either switch to pay-to-play or go out of business. Brilliant.

I'd rather have that happen than give Viacom a single cent.

Premium isn't worth it to most people. And most of the people on the site being under 18, most people couldn't convince parents/guardians. So TNT would have a hard time making all their money off of that.

NC is not expensive imho. I actually think it's perfectly priced.

And why not give viacom a single cent. They deserve money. They're not evil people that want to take all your money. NC is a way to help fund the site, and Viacom uses to help fund

Neopets

Nickelodeon

Petpet park

Addicting games

MTV

VH1

Paramount

BET

Spike

Comedy Central

CMT

Harmonix

Gametrailers

and many more. I'm sure all of you are fans of at least one of those not counting Neopets. And NC helps support all of them. So you should either buy NC in moderation if you can, or watch all of those slowly fall into nothing

like everyone else i do try expellibox, but i rly think that thing is rigged..

The chance of winning NC from Expellibox is 1/30, aka 0.03%, aka less than one percent. xD

NC is a way to help fund the site, and Viacom uses to help fund....

...is that a joke? Are you completely serious? There is absolutely no way that Neocash is used to fund all of those stations. I cannot believe you seriously just said that if you don't buy Neocash, there won't be an MTV (along with everything else). What about the Nick cruise? What about the Spongebob merchandise? What about the advertisement revenue on the many channels they own? What about all those oh-so-popular MTV shows that are going on/being sold on DVD, like The Hills and Jersey Shore? What about the chain of Nick hotels? What about the NickArcade? What about Dora the Explorer merchandise?

Many people here seem to disagree with what Viacom does, and I'm one of them, but I don't carry that over to Neopets. I just think that Nickelodeon, as a kids' channel, is becoming more and more appropriate, to the point where I don't want my little sister watching it.

There is absolutely no way that Neocash is used to fund all of those stations. I cannot believe you seriously just said that if you don't buy Neocash, there won't be an MTV (along with everything else).

Actually, Tyler never said that. He never said if people didn't buy NC, there wouldn't be MTV or anything else he listed. He was simply stating that the money that comes from NC, is used to HELP fund those things, not fund them entirely.

Neopets

Comedy Central

Gametrailers

Those are the only good things Viacom has to offer, and Neopets is starting to slowly decay as well. Everything else has fallen, a loooong time ago. And Viacom gets their money from those stations and they get a lot of profit from billboards (ever saw the Viacom logo under the advertisement on most billboards?). So they don't need more money. Nor do they deserve this money due to the horrible shows on these networks:

Nickelodeon

MTV

VH1

BET

CMT

The fact they tried to sue Youtube (which is also turning bad thanks to Google).

And the bad people they employ *CoughTNTCough*

Alright, I'll repeat it again.

1. They're not making nearly as much money off ads as they did back in the "good 'ol days", because of ad-blockers. Ad-blockers crush any potential profit ads would normally generate, and a very large percentage (probably not the majority, though) of users have some sort of ad-blocker. Back then, no one used ad-blockers, because they weren't nearly as powerful as they are today. So, they can't rely on ads as much as they used to be able to.

2. Tyler pretty much summed up my thoughts about Premium. Seriously, I'd say about 1-2% of the entire community has Premium. :/

3. Most merchandise is retired (big mistake imho, but what can you do?).

4. Not everyone can play sponser games, and not everyone that can play sponser games does. I doubt they were ever a huge cash cow to begin with, anyway.

So, yes, NC is necessary to keep the site running.

I'd rather have that happen than give Viacom a single cent.

You =/= everyone else. In fact, you are the only person I've ever seen who's said no Neopets is better than a Neopets run by Viacom.

Look, you think Viacom is a bunch of evil, money-grubbing pigs, and you don't want to pay them. We get it, and you don't have to pay them. But please, don't encourage others to boycott NC just because you hate them. We can do whatever we want with our money, and if people want to buy NC to help support the site, well, good for them! There's nothing wrong with that! Perhaps you think they're getting ripped-off, but to each his own, I suppose. *shrugs*

Honestly, sometimes, I think that if it was Adam and Donna that came up with NC, people would be willing to throw money at them, just because they don't run a "corrupt" corporation. -_-

You think Neopets has been decaying, but I think you're wrong. In my opinion, and many others as well, Neopets has actually been getting BETTER since the end of 2009. However, that is an entirely different topic altogether.

I personally find NC a complete waste, I mean I understand that it's for TNT to make money and all but still I mean your asking people to pay money towards virtual clothes and items in a bad economy

I personally find NC a complete waste, I mean I understand that it's for TNT to make money and all but still I mean your asking people to pay money towards virtual clothes and items in a bad economy

The thing is, it's not just a bad economy for consumers. Companies are suffering too. Many are going bankrupt. Of the 2 malls in my city, the older one, is probably about 1/4 empty right now. A mall near my sister is over half empty. We aren't the only ones to suffer.

NC works for Neopets. It doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage. If someone doesn't want to buy NC, they don't. It doesn't change anything. If someone wants to, and can afford it with the way the economy is, then they're benefiting by getting things they want, while helping out Neopets, who also has to function in the same economy.

We could say the exact same thing about video games, yet nobody considers video games to be a waste of money.

We could say the exact same thing about video games, yet nobody considers video games to be a waste of money.

Wii Fit gives you tips on health, and is less expensive than most gyms.

Neopets is a video game, therefore, when earlier you said that spending money on video games gets you nothing, spending money on neo gets you nothing, am I right?

As for advertising, I meant billboards, on the streets and highways.

700th post...

• 2 weeks later...