Moltara Worm Quest Trouble

Maliyuki

I randomly decided to do the Moltara Worm Quest, but for some reason, the pink and black worms just aren't showing up for me. I know where they're supposed to be in the caves, but after about a day of checking there at random intervals, I haven't found either of them. I checked other places in Moltara to see if maybe something messed up, but no dice. Any suggestions? :\

Check every five minutes. Worms appear multiple times a day during five-minute intervals. For example, I've noted four different times my Rainbow worm appears: 10:15-10:20 AM NST, 10:50-10:55 AM NST, 5:25-5:30 PM NST, and 11:20-11:25 PM NST.

So, yeah. Just keep checking every five minutes, and they should pop up eventually. :) It would be helpful to make a note of the time, too, so you can find them again later.

I had all the worms but the rainbow one and I couldnt find it after 2 weeks. I donated all my worms and then found the rainbow worm! ARGHHH! Oh well. :sad01_anim:

Those are just patterns and guesses. It really matters on luck.

Not they aren't and no it doesn't.

The times are different for every user, but they do appear in 5 minute intervals.

If you do find the time, it will be the same each day.

I haven't gotten the black worm yet :( haha no patience to wait around and check every 5 minutes, all the other worms I found quickly but this one just won't show up whenever I check again :3...

I know the worms don't help with this, but how do people get into the magma pool anyway? It says to "learn more" and come back?

I doubt it's the same for everyone but you. It takes some planning and figuring the times out. Once you do, it will be very easy :D

Once you find all the worms and are going to start over, take a few days and write down what times you find the worms. It's confusing but after planning (like writing down the times) and figuring it out, it's a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

i started this quest when it first came out a few months ago and never found the rainbow worm. i got super busy with school and took a break from neopets for a few months. i'm back now and i still can't find the darn thing. stupid rainbow worm.

what the...a few minutes after i posted here, the rainbow worm showed up O.O

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Congrats on the rainbow worm! I was able to do the quest once, didn't know much about it then. I've been trying to do it again but the black one hasn't showed itself for a few weeks now. I wish I wrote down the times when I first did it! I also haven't found any gears or metal yet but I'll keep at it. Good luck worm hunting Maliyuki!

• 4 weeks later...

after TWO MONTHS of searching for that **** black worm, I FOUND HIM TODAY!

what's funny is i wasn't even looking for him, i clicked on the wrong link and went to the caves and saw him there and freaked out. scared the crap outta my girlfriend..

I can't find the Rainbow one. Urgh! It's so frustrating. Still searching for it though. Maybe I will find it someday.

EDIT: Yay! I found the Rainbow Worm! I have all the worms now! I am so happy. :)

• 1 month later...

Gaaaah!!! i cant find the stupid black one or the rainbow one. those seem to be the more testy ones. i keep trying every 5 minutes but i cant get it grrrrrr.

haha after i post this i find the rainbow one yay!! now the black one is left to go!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Check every five minutes. Worms appear multiple times a day during five-minute intervals. For example, I've noted four different times my Rainbow worm appears: 10:15-10:20 AM NST, 10:50-10:55 AM NST, 5:25-5:30 PM NST, and 11:20-11:25 PM NST.

So, yeah. Just keep checking every five minutes, and they should pop up eventually. :) It would be helpful to make a note of the time, too, so you can find them again later.

any idea what time the black one appears?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

I doubt it's the same for everyone but you.

*chuckles* This wins my award for "Best Comeback of the Day."

I have one worm left: the stupid Rainbow one. I have been trying to get it for 5 or 6 days and it just hates me or something.

If and when I get them all, I plan to put them in my gallery. I think the worms are adorable!

I must be lucky or something, because when I first set out to find the worms in Moltara, I found all but the Rainbow worm within about 30-40 minutes. Luckily I got a tip beforehand that I should write down the times that I find them, so I did!

Since that original time frame of between 2:00pm-3:00pm NST, I've found multiple other times for the other worms, but very few other times for the White, Black and Rainbow worms. So they will show up for you eventually, just not as often as the other colours. Just try to hang around Moltara in another tab, and refresh it every 5 minutes or so, check for worms, and if there's nothing there go about your business and repeat until you DO find some worms! :yes:

It is a little tricky though, I've refreshed at both the City and the Caves pages and refreshed about a minute later, and suddenly like 5 worms showed up. So if I'd waited another 5 minutes for my next refresh, I probably would have missed them. It really works best if you can afford to just sit there... and refresh... it's pretty monotonous but hey, if it's the summer and you've got nothing to do, you're golden, lol.

after TWO MONTHS of searching for that **** black worm, I FOUND HIM TODAY!

what's funny is i wasn't even looking for him, i clicked on the wrong link and went to the caves and saw him there and freaked out. scared the crap outta my girlfriend..

I know how you feel! The first time I found the Black worm I let out a sound similar to a yelp and my BF just looked at me like :eh: lol.

any idea what time the black one appears?

As was stated above, the times are different for everyone. Best of luck with your searching!

I've gone through a few times now and I found that my black, rainbow, and once in a while, the white one are the last to be found. I don't know if I agree with the time thing because I have written down once and they didn't show up. Will try to document them again when I get more time but it just takes some patience.