Tarla's Toolbar

Secre

Yes! It alerts you randomly to go see Tarla, and she gives you a free item. Sometimes its dumb like today but often its Hundred Dubloon Coins or Secret Lab Map peices..Morphing Potions..All kinds of stuff that other dailies usually don't give out :)

People say it slows down their browser, but I haven't had that problem at all.

Actually it has never been compatible with Firefox. There's this nifty add-on that I use which does the exact same thing as the toolbar, but even that one isn't compatible with FF 3.6.

Now one of the forum members here explained perfectly how I could get it to work, but I couldn't do it myself again :P Sorry! I'm sure someone will come by and explain.

As for the question, yes it's worth downloading! It's always nice to know you got a neomail when you're working on something else or do snowy when you weren't paying attention!& the alerts usually give out trash, but sometimes something real nice! :)

Hmm, if it doesn't work with Firefox I may have a problem as I hate Internet Explorer as I find it slow and a pain in the backside whereas FireFox is far more convenient. So is there a way to get it work with Firefox?

Yes.. Two steps.

You will need to download the addon here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3397

Then it will say it is incompatible.

Then you somehow need to turn off the check on incompatible addons... But I don't remember how >.<

And I accidentally clicked that check on again, so I don't have my toolbar anymore.. boo! Hopefully someone can explain soon again *can't find*

Edit: oh, I got it

1. In the Firefox address bar type “about:config”

2. By-pass the warning screen (Anything worthwhile is a little dangerous!)

3. Right click in the list of settings, choose New > Boolean

4. Type the phrase “extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6” and press enter

5. Choose “false” as the value

6. Restart Firefox

Edited by Viridian

For some reason doing this process didn't work for me at all:

4. Type the phrase “extensions.checkCompatibility” and press enter

6. Restart Firefox

it did with previous firefox versions, but not 3.6. Is there an add-on for IE that makes that cute noise to alert you?

What step doesn't work? Because it still works fine for me. I think IE can just install the actual toolbar..

Edit: Actually apparently I had not yet updated to FF 3.6... Now it indeed doesn't work for me either anymore :(

Edit again:

All steps are the same, except for step 4

That add-on only works for versons 3.0 or older, and as most are now 3.5 or newer you can't really use that... grrr... I've just stopped updating firefox lol.

(EDIT: At least I think... It won't let me download it with 3.5?)

I have FireFox 3.6 and the toolbar won't work for me. But I primarily use Google Chrome, and it's not even available for that. So I'm going to have to get the toolbar at home, where my FireFox is an old enough version.

I would definetly get it...but the fact that there's no support for Macs is a bit of a problem.... :grrr:

Nothing is ever easy is it? My husband has it on his laptop, but he's not online on his laptop very often, so it doesn't do him a lot of good right now.

IE lags out my work computer like crazy. It runs Vista, but doesn't have enough RAM. So I tried FF since I have it at home, and it still lagged it a bit. I tried Chrome, and it worked perfectly. So I haven't strayed from that. I just can't wait until the toolbar is compatible with Chrome.

Anyone who just said it would not work for the latest version of firefox (3.6), please use this method.

6. Restart Firefox

Anyone who just said it would not work for the latest version of firefox (3.6), please use this method.

6. Restart Firefox

Thank you! Now I have the toolbar. :)

Erm, I can do this, but what am I downloading? The link you gave just says "This add-on is for older versions of Firefox"...

Please :)

You are downloading an add-on made by someone I don't know, which has the exact same features as the neopets toolbar. It is extremely useful for people that don't use IE (like me), but rather use firefox.

However the person has not been updating the add-on, which means it is outdated. If you look in this topic you find a way to make it work!