Theory of Trading Post Relativity

Novelista

I went to make a trade on a paintbrush about 45 minutes ago and it said that I could only trade 800k for something.

I'm pretty sure that's not a site-wide thing, or people wouldn't be offering things for 1m+. So am I missing something? Like the amount of NP you can put down on an item is relative to how long you've had your account?

That doesn't seem right...but you never know...

That's correct, no one can trade you more than 800k. So if someone wants to buy something more expensive, I would set up a private trade for that person (become neofriends.. neofriends only trade)

Also, a lot of people want a Baby Paint Brush + the extra amount (if this is possible), because the Baby pb is easy to sell and has a value of 600k, that way you can offer 600k+800k= 1400k.

But a private auction might be better.

After I asked, I went and sent a message to one of the users that had a reasonably priced brush. I said, "I would like to set up a private auction to purchase your shadow paint brush." She said okay and now I'm waiting for it to close! :)

(The only bad thing is that I had no idea if--or when--we'd be online at the same time, so I set a huge purchase window. Now I have to wait 'til 10-something NST to get my brush! :P )