Help With Gears Please?

ShellyRose

The janitor shouts, "Aarrgh! You broke the gears! Jamming them up with your stupid rocks and such. Now I have to go fix them all!"

The janitor returns a little while later. "There, I've replaced the broken gears with new ones. But I had to reconnect the gears to the ceiling panel drive train, and I'm not sure I got them all in the same order..." He shrugs. "Oh well, at least it'll still work. Stupid ceiling gears."

this is what happens when i push the button while jamming the correct gear.. (the ones that open only 4,5,&6 notches) i am extremely frustrated and confused..

ive already used the gear guides ( http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/gears2/ ) nothing helps.. i even did the thing with the notepad it says you can do... D:

Please help?

• 1 month later...

Hey, so I just did this part today, only took me a few tries and I may have gotten lucky, but I'll try to help you out.

Apparently the gears get jammed every tenth try. That happened to me once, and when it did, I had already found two of the three gears that worked for me. So on my eleventh try I put the two rocks back in the two gears that had worked previously, and tried the next gear that was in line... and it was either that one or the next one, but it worked!

What I did was try one gear at a time, starting in the top left-hand corner, and went across the rows from there. Once I found one that worked I left it in that one and tried the others. The key really is checking after each time and doing it systematically, instead of just at random, at least IMO. And if the janitor has to un-jam them all, put the rocks back in their places where they were before he removed them... if that makes sense =)

I hope this helps. Keep trying and good luck! Feel free to NeoFriend me ^_^

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.