Stop Anti-LGBT Bias

Shane for Wax

On February 12, 2008, 15-year-old Lawrence King was shot in his California classroom—friends said the reason was his sexual orientation and gender expression. In response, over 190 spontaneous vigils were organized across the country to mark the tragic shooting and call for an end to anti-LGBT bias.

February 12th has been marked by community members as a day to continue calling for an end to the ongoing harassment and violence.

If you are planning a vigil to commemorate the life of Lawrence King this year please register your event at www.rememberinglawrence.org. Let others learn what you are doing in your community.

---------------

I'm putting this here because it could spark a debate even though that isn't what I want. I am just publicizing this so that people can remember this tragic event and take part in commemorating.

Also, go to dayofsilence.org for more information on the Day of Silence and how to go about it.

Aw, i've heard about that.

What kind of idiot would go to jail for murder just to shoot ONE person who isn't straight? These kinda things anger me deeply when I hear about them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ugh. Stupidity. There is never cause to kill someone over something as unimportant as their sexual orientation. I am so tired of people that can't handle different.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.