Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone please tell me if there are a certain amount of eggs you are allowed to get in a time frame or something?

Not in a specific time frame, per say, but you can have 4 eggs or 4 hatchlings at the same time, plus you can keep a 5th egg from breeding. Pretty much, if you get, say, 3 eggs, and they all hatch, you can then get 4 MORE eggs. If you were to get a bunch of eggs one a day, you could end up with 4 hatchlings and three eggs, or even 5 and 2. Also, if you have 4 or less hatchlnigs (meaning you can't get any from drops or pick up any that are abandoned), you can still keep one of your bred eggs per breeding.

If that's confusing, don't worry. It's hard to udnerstand untill you experience it.

I am glad you said that it was hard to understand. I get that you can only have four eggs at one time, but the end part about "bred eggs per breeding" confusled me!!

You can get up to 4 eggs when you breed two dragons, but you're only allowed to keep one of them, and you have an hour to choose which you want. Of course, you can also abandon all of them if you wish.

u6Lp.gifso, i finally got a rock dragon! I wonder if it can be a female? or are they all male?

There are no all-male breeds currently, unless you count males that can't breed (in other words, unless you count dinos).

i wish there were all-male breeds, it would be easier to get guys on my scroll that way...

YAY my white dragon looks so cool...

You can get up to 4 eggs when you breed two dragons, but you're only allowed to keep one of them, and you have an hour to choose which you want. Of course, you can also abandon all of them if you wish.

You can breed dragons??? BLAH!!! This is starting to get more difficult at the minute....

You can breed dragons??? BLAH!!! This is starting to get more difficult at the minute....

Breeding is optional. If you have both an adult male and an adult female, go the the female's action menu, click breed, and then click on one of your male's names. This will get you 1-4 eggs, of either of the parent's types. You will be able to keep one, and the other three will be abandoned.

By the way, does anyone know what an alt dragon is?

How many clicks do you need for a egg to hatch? Or does it vary for each dragon/egg?

There is no number of clicks needed. After 3.49 days, the status of the egg is evaluated. The ratio between clicks, unique views, and views will be tested, and if the ratio falls within a certain range, then the egg will hatch. The egg is re-evaluated if it has not hatched every .01 day.

Alt dragons are different versions of a dragon that can only be gotten from breeding. The egg is a different shade and you can tell a color difference with the hatchling (though one of the alt Black hatchlnigs looks totally different). Currently there's only Alts for Vine and Black dragons, but we're hoping more will be released in the future.

Cool! my mint hatched. IT"S A BOY!!!! *throws confetti*

i bred them & now i got this egg:

EQFH.gif

EDIT:

sad dragon:

http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/Qi7h

Cool! my mint hatched. IT"S A BOY!!!! *throws confetti*

i bred them & now i got this egg:

EQFH.gif

EDIT:

sad dragon:

http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/Qi7h

is that your dragon

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Quotes don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Alt BLacks are eaiser to spot. They're darker. See how the main color of that one's kind of grey? An alt will be more black (some say it's more purple, other more blue... whatever, it's noticeably darker), and thus eaiser to spot. Alt Vines it's just a shade's difference, more change on the shading than the main color, making them difficult to see.