Movie Adaptions

CAV of Gang Green

Books, Games, Toys, celebraties, comics, everything would be made into a movie. Also I learned that Metal Gear Solid, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, inFamous, Spyro, Gears of War, and Uncharted, are being made into movies. So, I want you to create three lists.

First, list your 5 favorite movie adaptions.

Then, list your 5 worst movie adaptions.

Last, list 5 things (books, toys, games, etc.) that you would want to see made into a movie

My 5 favorite movie adaptions.

1. Transformers

2. Iron Man

3. Harry Potter

4. Spider-Man (the last one was mediocre though)

5. Batman (the new stuff, Batman Begins, Dark Knight)

My 5 worst movie adaptions.

1. Twilight Saga (THE WORST FILMS AND BOOKS ON THE PLANET)

2. Max Payne

3. Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (the first was was good though)

4. The Chronicles of Narnia

5. Bionicle (I love Bioicle, but the movies were a discrace. But the 4th one provided some enjoyment)

My hopes for Movie Adaptions

1. [PROTOTYPE] (especially if it's made into a trilogy)

2. Left 4 Dead (ZombieLand seemed like Left 4 Dead, but I'd like the acual thing)

3. Halo

4. Army of Two (both original and the 40th Day)

5. Fallout (maybe)

What do you think?

My 5 favorite movie adaptions.

1. Twilight Saga, it isn't my favorite movie and all but they way that they copied the book without changing anything important was something.
  2. Twilight, same reason as above.
  3. Lord of the rings.
  4. A Christmas Carol :D.
  5. Lemony snicket a series of unfortunate events (One of my favorites).

My 5 worst movie adaptions.

1. Harry Potter, it is one of my favorite books but I just hated how they edited the movies.

Will add more if I remember.

My hopes for Movie Adaptions.

1. All the wimpy kid books (Gotta love that book :D)
  2. Some more Agatha Christie movies.
  3. Losing you.

Like your choices, but Halo is being made into a movie. inFamous and Gears of War movies I hope will be good

FAVORITE:

1. Lord of the Rings

2. Transformers

3. Christmas Carol

4. Harry Potter. Not a big fan of books but movies were great :D

5. Hero of Time. Yes, it was fan made, and forced to be taken down, but I loved it :P

Least Fav:

1. Alex Rider: Stormbreaker- great book, but I didn't like the movie

2. Twilight- :P

3. Chronicles of Narnia

4. can't think of any

5- can't think of any

WHAT I HOPE TO SEE:

1. Metroid

2. Star Fox

3. Okami- someone, somehow, could make it a great anime

4. The reast of the Alex Rider books (hopefully better than the first)

5. The Legend of Zelda- A REAL one

Well I haven't watched that many movies, but most movies, are adapted from something - usually books.

Since I'm too lazy to make a list, I'm just going to say that I think Eragon was the worst movie adaption ever.

Ugh, I was so disappointed in that. It didn't even follow the story!

I don't think they should make movies from video games. That might just ruin it.

Two things first.

Halo is not being made into a movie. It was, but after Bungie left Microsoft the director quit and the whole project was abandoned. I think they were trying to make it again under different staff, but I'm fuzzy on that.

Army of Two is being made into a movie. Production's very early but it is being done.

Okay, anyway,

Fave 5

1. Watchmen

2. Shrek

3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

4. Scooby-Doo

5. Animal Crossing

Worst 5

1. House of the Dead

2. Mortal Kombat

3. Eragon

4. G.I. Joe

5. Dragonball Evolution

5 Most Wanted

1. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

2. Donkey Kong

3. Metal Gear Solid

4. Samurai Jack

5. Castlevania

Army of Two into a film? That's gonna be awsome, provided that it's made from someone good like Universal.

Another thing about the Spyro movie. It was suppose to come out on Christmas but was delayed. They (Velvet Octopus) didn't make a release date or bother even giving some information involving the movie. It was even taken off the list of films. I just hope it wasn't canceled.

5 Best

1. Harry Potter

2. Transformers

3. the Pokemon Movies. You really can't get more classic.

4. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

5. Scooby Doo. Epic.

5 Worst

1. Twilight. I loved the books before the became associated with the millionsofscreamingfangirls demographic. Also, the movies were...disappointing.

2. Chronicles of Narnia.

3. Series of Unfortunate Events. Ugh. That was just...bad.

4. Eragon

5. ....

5 Hopes

1. Hunger Games (/looking forward to it?)

2. Prophecy of the Stones

3. I would say another Classic Disney Movie, but the Princess and the Frog just came out. :)

4. Gemma Doyle Trilogy perhaps? but I feel like that would be a disaster just waiting to happen.

5. ( I'm trying to imagine a Mario Movie....hmmm.)

There was a Mario movie in the 90s. Let's just say it's been noted as one of the WORST films made. It sucked!

Really? Is it worth me even looking it up? (I probably will anyway). I guess some of the appeal of Mario is that you're in control...

^I loved that movie when I was a kid. If I recall, my mom had to get another copy on VHS because I watched it so much (same with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :laughingsmiley:) :* But, that was 1994... time for a [good] remake!

^I loved that movie when I was a kid. If I recall, my mom had to get another copy on VHS because I watched it so much (same with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :laughingsmiley:) :* But, that was 1994... time for a [good] remake!

The Mario Movie? I'm definetly watching it then. Personally, I fell in love with all of the pokemon movies.

I don't know, but it was terribly rated.

A Series of Unfortunate Events was Ok at most and Eragon was pretty good. I hope they make Eldest to a movie. I loved the book.

EDIT: I found an article on the movie. Here are some pieces:

Super Mario Bros. was originally a critical and commercial failure upon its release in the United States. Harsh criticism was aimed at the film's darker atmosphere and its inaccuracies compared to the game's franchise. The film was also largely disliked by Hoskins, Leguizamo and Hopper themselves due to the very notorious production problems they faced and having negative opinions about the film's nature similar to critics

Bob Hoskins, despite being well-known for his role, did not approve of his experience working on the film, or the film itself. (During the filming of a chase scene, for instance, Hoskins had suffered a minor hand injury in an accident with a vehicle, and therefore had to wear a pink-painted cast afterwards.) [6] In an August 2007 interview with The Guardian, he complained, "The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers"[7]. In a December 2008 interview, Dennis Hopper admitted he was also displeased with the project (Hopper's work weeks expanded from five weeks to seventeen)

The film received mixed to negative reviews from critics and fans alike and was denounced by critics as "cheesy" and lacking any sort of coherent plot. On the television show Siskel & Ebert, the film received two thumbs down.[1] Fans denounced the movie for having very little to do with the video game series and distorting many established facts about the fictional game world. For instance, in the movie President Koopa (Bowser) is a humanoid descendant of a Tyrannosaurus rex, whereas he is a monstrous, fire-breathing turtle king in the games. Toad is depicted as a human, and then a reptilian being in the film, instead of a mushroom as he is in the video games (although in the film he is turned into a Goomba, which, in the video game series, is a traitor of the Mushroom Kingdom). However, Toad still seemed to remember his strong dislike of King Koopa, as he opposed the other Goombas later in the movie.

Another complaint about the film was the slightly dark atmosphere, which deviated from the family-friendly works of the hugely successful video games. Additionally, the lesser known princess from the video game series, Princess Daisy, was portrayed in the film instead of Princess Peach; in particular, Daisy has appeared in the 1989 Game Boy game Super Mario Land and later in some other minor roles, whereas Peach has been present in nearly every game in the series. The Nostalgia Critic did a negative review of the movie, complaining how the movie was nothing like the games, and lambasted Dennis Hopper as giving the worst performance and lines (which he believed lead to a supposed decline in his career).

My hopes for Movie Adaptions

2. Left 4 Dead (ZombieLand seemed like Left 4 Dead, but I'd like the acual thing)

How would that work, though? The characters in L4D and L4D2 are so open-ended... I feel like it would be really hard to do right, and very easy to turn into something Uwe Boll-esque, for lack of a better term.

Unless they've fleshed out the characters more from when I stopped playing.

Although if it had the right production team, it would be pretty cool.

---

Anyway--

Five Favorite Movie Adaptations

1. Hellraiser

2. V For Vendetta

3. Rosemary's Baby

4. Stardust (which was better than the book, imho)

5. Lolita (or A Clockwork Orange, I can't choose. Or Coraline.)

Five Worst Movie Adaptations

1. Charlie's Angels (The 2000 movie remake of the television show? I walked out in the middle of it.)

2. Dreamcatcher (Actually... most adaptations of Stephen King novels)

3. The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

4. Doom

5. Resident Evil (alternatively: Silent Hill)

Hopes for Movie Adaptations

1. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

2. The Shape of Water by Anne Spollen

3. Invitation to a Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov

4. Fables (the comic book)

5. And... can someone just give me an X-Files movie to replace the 2008 one?

Also, I LOVED the Mario live-action movie when I was a kid. I don't care if it's awful.

My 5 favorite movie adaptions:

* Lord of the rings, wonderfully done.

* The golden compass, from ''his dark materials'' trilogy, I never figured why they never made the two sequels, I reallu liked it...

* Really liked V for Vendetta also

* okay, maybe twilight... just because there are far worst movies out there, but seriously OVERRATED ANYONE???

My 5 worst movie adaptions:

* Harry Potter, How could they do this to the books, they changed so many things...

* Eragon, again a movie were there is too many things that they changed, misappropriated and they missed important parts too, no wonder they never made a sequel even two there is three more books.

* Spiderman, or pretty much any movie made from comics really.

My hopes for Movie Adaptions:

* ZELDA!!!!

* Alice in wonderland, oh wait! :D it's coming soon!!!

That's about all I can think of right now...

Mai 5 favourite move adaptions.

Epic Movie.

Superhero Movie.

Disaster movie.

Mai 5 worst movie adaptions.

Twilight. (I'm Team Jacob though...)

Saw. (Yes, every Saw, every made...I hate horror movies...unless 2012 counts...)

The Polar Express. (Completely suckish.)

3 Idiots. (Because it's foreign yet a movie in the cinema's!)

This Is It. (I like his songs, I don't need a movie!)

Hopes For Movie Adaptions.

Sonic! (Uhuh people.)

Jonas Brothers. (And again!)

Lionboy.

Hollyoaks.

Kirby! (I thought Pokémon but there's already loads.)

Epic Movie.

Superhero Movie.

Disaster movie.

Saw. (Yes, every Saw, every made...I hate horror movies...unless 2012 counts...)

Sonic! (Uhuh people.)

Lionboy.

Hollyoaks.

I don't get how some of those are movie adaptations

Is it live action? *is a bit skeptical* I think I like Mario animated.

Yes, it was live action, which is part of why it failed. They had Toad as a human, don't you think that's bad?

Epic Movie.

Superhero Movie.

Disaster movie.

Sonic! (Uhuh people.)

Lionboy.

Hollyoaks.

Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Disaster movie, Avatar, Saw, Polar Express, This is It, and 3 Idiots are not spoofs. Only Twilight and 2012 are film adaptions. Sorry buddy, make better choices.

EDIT: I just saw Percy Jackson, it's a good film. Starts off bad at first, but gets better.