Unable to receive I *heart* Happiness Avatar

Skinny Turmaculus

Hi I am unable to receive I *heart* Happiness avatar as when I go to the page, I end up looking at the space fairy. Clicking the arrows changed the URL, but it is still the same image and with no notice of me obtaining the avatar. This same thing occurred when trying to achieve the Gallery of Evil - Vira avatar. It showed only Eliv Thade no matter which arrow I click or which drop-down option I used. The URL changed (e.g. ?pos=26) but I still see Eliv Thade's picture. Can someone help? Is this happening to everyone or just me? I'm not sure if its my browser settings, but I'm using FireFox version 3.0.17. Thanks for the help, and I look forward to a quick response as I need to wait one more year if I don't fix this by today. Thanks in advance. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help' to 'Neopets Help'.

It's not necessarily as good as retired; it's a glitch that may be fixed at a later date (the same goes for Gallery of Evil clickables). I've heard on the AC that the Happiness Faerie article CAN be viewed by some people, but it seems for most that it's broken (and nobody knows wherein the difference between the two groups is).

It's not necessarily as good as retired; it's a glitch that may be fixed at a later date (the same goes for Gallery of Evil clickables). I've heard on the AC that the Happiness Faerie article CAN be viewed by some people, but it seems for most that it's broken (and nobody knows wherein the difference between the two groups is).

From what I can tell by browsing the av boards: the consensus is pretty much that people who have Premium can still get it, while people who don't have Premium can't. All I can say is, I really hope it's a glitch and not on purpose. As someone else pointed out on the Neoboards, the Happiness Faerie counts toward your av collection, unlike the Premium Space Faerie av; so while that makes it more likely to be a glitch, if it's not then it would be *massively* unfair. I just hope they actually get around to fixing it today, I've been waiting all year (ever since I made my new main) to get these avs. :grrr:

If I understand correctly, the I heart happiness avatar can be gotten any day of the year, it's only the sloth one that is limited to jan 14th. I may be wrong, but I've read in several places that so much is the case.

I also gather that the heroes thingie has been glitching for awhile now, not just today. As long as you have the I heart sloth as your active avatar, when they fix the heroes glitch you *should* still be able to get the happiness avie.

I found a way to make it work!! :O (Well, someone on the av boards did so I thought I'd post it here lol.) All you have to do is: go to the link that TDN provides for the I *heart* happiness av, change "pos" to "hero" and refresh (you also have to remember to have the I Heart Sloth av active, of course. ;)) Worked for me at least. Hope that helps! ^_^

EDIT: should have looked at the news thread lol. Oh well.

Well, it seems to be working fine now, I just got a new avatar. :) This topic can be closed.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.