TNT obsessed with freezing?

RohanX

do you think that TNT is obsessed with freezing other peoples accounts? it seems to me that everyone that i look up says "the user of this neopet had their account frozen" am i right?

Tell me what you think and why do they even freeze peoples accounts? just by not following their rules?? its pretty dumb to me. just tell me your opinions of this. i would love to hear what you would say about this!

also when i mean that i'd love to hear about this i mean it! i really want to know!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. Use the edit button if you wish to add something.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't believe they are freeze-happy. I think there is a lot going on and freezing accounts is easier for protection and getting rid of problems rather than warning and password resets... not freeze-happy no, just having too much on the plate to use other methods at this point.

I don't believe they are freeze-happy. I think there is a lot going on and freezing accounts is easier for protection and getting rid of problems rather than warning and password resets... not freeze-happy no, just having too much on the plate to use other methods at this point.

yeah maybe its just everyone being bad.... but its strange cuz its happening frequently

I don't think they're wrong for freezing people for breaking the rules BUT I think they should provide the exact infraction, as evidence, to the user.

They should ban people for mistreating the game, as many players are very emotionally (and financially) attached. People who cheat (at flash games, quit key quest, use loggers, break the rules) should get what they deserve and they do.

Unfortunately, some innocent people get into the mix .

I don't think they're wrong for freezing people for breaking the rules BUT I think they should provide the exact infraction, as evidence, to the user.

They should ban people for mistreating the game, as many players are very emotionally (and financially) attached. People who cheat (at flash games, quit key quest, use loggers, break the rules) should get what they deserve and they do.

Unfortunately, some innocent people get into the mix .

your right, but in my opinion they shouldnt FREEZE your account they should just suspend you like they do here!

I think it's both that there are a lot of flamers, spammers, scammers, and other serious rule breakers, as well as TNT being a little obsessed with power. Large sites get like that.

I agree that they should give evidence of the rule that was broken, and also allow users better chance to defend themselves against it if TNT is in the wrong.

Agreed, of course. I may not be the right person to answer this ;p

I do think TNT is in over their heads. There are a LOT of people who (try to) cheat every day, so freezing just seems okay I guess.

However, for some things suspension should be better. Like getting scammed.

I do think TNT is in over their heads. There are a LOT of people who (try to) cheat every day, so freezing just seems okay I guess.

However, for some things suspension should be better. Like getting scammed.

I agree that there should be a different format for users who get scammed, such as a suspension and then maybe a probational period... but as you said, they're already over their heads lol

I agree that there should be a different format for users who get scammed, such as a suspension and then maybe a probational period... but as you said, they're already over their heads lol

i definetly agree with them to not freeze but suspend. because when you get frozen, you never get to see your neopets or never able to get onto the website. and anyways if they do freeze someone they should know that the person might get another account...

Well if you want to see your neopets, then don't break the rules. Seems very simple and clear cut to me. And you should really consider that since you've openly discussed quitting at Key Quest, which will lead to your account being frozen/you losing your pets etc.

They're also well aware that if a person has had their account frozen that they will start another one. It happens all the time. But I think people who have been frozen multiple times get an IP ban, then they 'cannot' (in theory) create another account.

Well if you want to see your neopets, then don't break the rules. Seems very simple and clear cut to me. And you should really consider that since you've openly discussed quitting at Key Quest, which will lead to your account being frozen/you losing your pets etc.

I wish that was the case, but unfortunately a lot of people also get frozen even though they did nothing wrong.

I dont blame TNT...much. They do have to monitor millions of users everyday and I am sure that is not an easy job...

Ooooh. In that case, nevermind ;p

When people break the rules, they should get frozen. That's what rules are for people...

However, when I was younger (11 or so), I used the f-word once (you know, you're young, you think swearing is cool. Or you just don't know how to talk without cusswords @_@), and I immediately got frozen. Now, I do think that swearing shouldn't be allowed on Neopets, but losing an account because of one mistake just seems so cruel in this case. So I think a good warning/suspension would've been better in that case, because it would scare the heck out of me and I wouldn't have done it again. (Not that I have now, but losing your account just sucks so much).

7 years no frozen account? :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Smileys do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ooooh. In that case, nevermind ;p

When people break the rules, they should get frozen. That's what rules are for people...

However, when I was younger (11 or so), I used the f-word once (you know, you're young, you think swearing is cool. Or you just don't know how to talk without cusswords @_@), and I immediately got frozen. Now, I do think that swearing shouldn't be allowed on Neopets, but losing an account because of one mistake just seems so cruel in this case. So I think a good warning/suspension would've been better in that case, because it would scare the heck out of me and I wouldn't have done it again. (Not that I have now, but losing your account just sucks so much).

aye! that must suck so bad... but i still dont understand why they would freeze your account rather than just suspending it... its much more better and having an account frozen is to me cruel.

I think that TNT should be VERY clear on which rules infractions will get you suspended and which will get you frozen. The Neopets Terms & Conditions clearly lists punishable offences, then give this rather vague explanation of consequences:

BEWARE: If you do any of the above we may suspend you from using your account for up to 72 hours or freeze your account permanently. Please note that depending on your account history and the type of infraction, you may be frozen or suspended for breaking the rules and that you WILL be frozen for multiple infractions. Also, you will not necessarily be warned prior to being frozen. This is your warning.

Basically, this means that it's at each staffer's discretion to decide what happens to an account when the rules are broken. I don't think that they actually look at the history of peoples' accounts when they decide to freeze people. I think they need to outline which offences are immediately freezable and which will result in a number of suspensions before freezing. I also think that they do need to be able to provide proof that a rule was broken, since a number of innocent people do end up with frozen accounts. If they can't do this, then they need to have a "three strikes" sort of system for freezing.

They certainly freeze more than they should. I beleive this comes from all the CGers, scammers, and spammers that they've let pretty much run the site. They freeze people now that don't do anything but have "potentiual" to do something and that's just wrong! <_<

Tell me what you think and why do they even freeze peoples accounts? just by not following their rules?? its pretty dumb to me. just tell me your opinions of this. i would love to hear what you would say about this!

Well suspension is an option, your point why freeze people for not following rules well one it's in the ToS you hit that agree button even if you didn't read it your still agreeing that your actions will have consequences. And two on that point the same logic could be applied to say I can't believe that I got arrested when all I did was speed. Masaryk points out a good point it really all depends on which mod deals out the punishment and you can e-mail TNT if you get frozen to try to plea your case.

For the record I mean this post in the nicest way and am not trying to be rude. I just sometimes come off that way.

• 4 months later...

My sister got frozen because some random person off the NeoBoards accused her of 'hacking' their account. My sister was flabbergasted (how nice to use that word in a sentence) when she was frozen. Not only is she definitely not a hacker/spammer/rule-breaker, but also, she was a good-paying customer of Neopets: she had spent more than a few dollars on Neocash, and was a Premium user. Of course I was skeptical at first that she didn't do anything wrong, but now I believe that yes, TnT are freeze-happy. Accused of breaking the rules? No trial, no pleas, straight to execution. Now I'm fearful everyday that I'm going to get frozen. :(

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.