Advise me (aka, make my choices)

crystallized

I'm a long time lurker but I decided this question was worth registering for xD

Today I got an elusive Fountain Faerie quest while playing Invasion of Meridell. I spent 99,900 NP on the item and now have my free painting - but I'm having a hard time deciding! I'm trapped between a few factors - sheer cuteness, bang for my buck, and avatarability. I have a Gelert and a Xweetok that need painting, and a Lost Desert Aisha and Christmas Chia that do not need painting. For maximum cute, I want to paint the Gelert Baby - however, Baby Paintbrushes are readily available from the HT for only 600,000 NP, and I can earn enough NP to purchase one in a decent amount of time if I try hard. So I don't really want to waste my Fountain on something I know I can purchase.

TL;DR, what is the coolest and most expensive/rarest while still being cool thing I can paint my Gelert or Xweetok at the Rainbow Fountain?

In my opinion I think pirate xweetoks are fierce. X)

Pirate seems to be the most 'expensive' colour available at the fountain, followed by maraquan and plushie. however are some lab exclusive colours are also available as well. The colours you can't paint at the fountain are Ice, Magma, MSP, Robot, Royal, Sponge, Quiguki and Usuki.

But its really all up to you. :) Take a moment to go through the rainbow pool to see the colours on the pets and see what suits your liking. ^^ Congratulations and good luck on deciding!

I had a hard time deciding as well.. I ended up making a new pet just for painting.

Perhaps a Chocolate Xweetok? ;D Chocolate is one of the things the lab ray can paint your pet, the only other way you can get it is via the fountain. It's also extremely cute.

If you wanted, you could move one of your pets to a side account and create a new pet.. especially if you have your heart set on having a specific pet.

I'm having the exact same dilemma XD. Well, I'd suggest getting the really expensive colours unless you want a hard to get colour (only from lab ray etc). If you'd rather try your luck with the ray, go for the most expensive colour then. (That's what I'm doing after weeks of contemplating). :)

If you adopted a buzz and painted it split you could get the Buzzin avatar, I'm pretty sure its only available if you paint your pet after completing a fountain faerie quest. That seems to me the most "unbyable" avie, you need to win the quest in order to be able to do it!

Otherwise I agree with Meowy Christmas, Pirate would have to be my fav :)

If you adopted a buzz and painted it split you could get the Buzzin avatar, I'm pretty sure its only available if you paint your pet after completing a fountain faerie quest. That seems to me the most "unbyable" avie, you need to win the quest in order to be able to do it!

Otherwise I agree with Meowy Christmas, Pirate would have to be my fav :)

Actually, you can paint a buzz ANY colour for the Buzzin' avatar. :)

That was my first choice since I'm quite an avatar enthusiast and I doubted I'd have another FFQ after a while (I was wrong :P).

The lab colours, chocolate most notably have been quite popular as well I hear. ^^ But as I said earlier, personal preference. ;)

Thanks everyone for your advice! I didn't really know about the lab-exclusive colors like chocolate - you learn something every day, apparently! With that advice in mind, I (think, I'm giving myself another day or two to be sure and see if any more new knowledge comes in) I'm going to go with the chocolate Xweetok. It is cute as anything.

My only thing that I'm still considering is creating a side account (I actually don't have one) and transferring a pet to get the Buzz avatar. As much as I may never have a chance to get that avatar again, I may also never have a chance to paint any pet whatever I want ever again, either.

Thanks again for all of your advice and information! Other replies and opinions are still welcome - I'll let you all know when I actually take action (for me, it's easy to make a decision, harder to actually enact it).