New Game Challenge: Nova Battle

hrtbrk

I did 111k my first round and was like "well that was easy" and then saw AAA's score was 300k.. what, all that for a toilet? I don't think so. Probably not going to really *try* for that lol..

I end up with more spending points after level 1 on easy so you're able to get things like the 3 way shoot thing, wide shot, etc, sooner on but don't get the points as, erm, quickly.

---

Level 1 on easy is 3000+ points whereas you can score 15000+ on hard for the same level (I didn't read the directions very closely so I just spun my mouse around like mad and got lucky. Maybe 300k won't be so difficult after all!)

Is there any way to change the size of the game window? I keep getting "stuck" on the sides.

@shadaw: Some tips would be nice. Do you have to play on Hard to beat AAA?

nope, my tips are simple. play the game on easy, dont get his, grab the little blue crystals that show up. upgrade the three shot's first, then the two shots, then upgrade the cannon shot so it pierces more then one enemy, now take this idea and make it so that your moveing round the screen and not getting hit and you have a whole lot of your ammo takeing them out before they can hit you. i barely got it by reaching level 10. i didnt actually beat it because it went all castle shekigami on me. >.<

I played it the first time on easy and got over 100k points. Second time, I played on medium, and got 300k easily. It's really not that hard, and didn't take that long either. You get A LOT of points during the harder levels.

Two main tips:

- Make sure you have a good mouse.

- Focus more on the gems on the easier levels, so you can build up your weapons/shield early on and then focus on avoiding the evil novas and their weapons on the harder levels.

I haven't managed to beat the game yet, but I got to the second last level the second time I played. I think I could beat it on easy. Like I said, it's actually not a terribly hard game.

The prized aren't that exciting. I was hoping for a nova, lol.

I beat AAA in hard mode at my 3rd attempt.

1. You ALWAYS have to get the pink crystal in the middle as soon as you see it. It gives a burst of like 100 balls scattering in all directions and clears the field.

2. Always use the shield because it doesn't carry over to the next level. the sooner you use it, the sooner it'll fill again. when the shield is on you can bump enemies and they just die.

3. During time challenges focus on surviving and NOT on getting crystals. :D

i hope that helps. :)

I must just be rubbish at getting points. I made it to Level Nine on Normal, and I only got 260000 points. I had half of that on the same level on Easy. I'll try again tomorrow.

actually focus on getting the crystals during the time trials, i know controducting but i have a good reason, more crystals turns into a kill chain {forgive me if that term is inappropriet but it is a gameing term used in several honest games, like final fantasy, durge of ceburus}

though what im getting at is, the more you grab at a time the more points you get. leading up to the fact that if you were to get them all at the same time you'd get enough points to upgrade. on easy i had both shot upgrades by level three. level two the first one, level three the second one.

i beat AAA on normal. it's not that hard. Just focus on the blue gems. And try to upgrade your gun. On the easier levels, I kept going for the gems and killed the enemies while I was going for the gems. When they start firing at you, you have to make sure you avoid the stuff they shoot of course. And with more enemies, I usually move my mouse in a circular direction so that I cover every part of the screen I can.

I find that circling around on the screen tends to help A LOT in this game, it aims the gun everywhere and kills off the enemies.

Oh, and like other people said... Grab the Jems!!

I like this game...

2. Always use the shield because it doesn't carry over to the next level. the sooner you use it, the sooner it'll fill again. when the shield is on you can bump enemies and they just die.

Actually, the sield meter does carry over from one level to the next D:

When I first saw the game, I was hoping for some kind of nova-themed asteroids clone....I would have preferred that, tbh.

So like, the boss battle it terrible, I canna beat him I dunno if the nova bomb thing helps or not, totally hard. :(

I beat him on easy, it's a pain though...have to make very small movements in very small spaces to not get hit and the nova bomb will clear the screen temporarily of all the boss's lasers/shots/whatever. It took about...a minute and a half give or take to kill him.