Gallery Spotlight

FutureTXTurkey

As you can probably tell from my trophies and past posts, one of my major Neopets goals is to win every site competition at least once. So, I just entered my gallery into the Gallery Spotlight for the first time, and I would love to get some feedback from you guys. What can I do to make it better? Is it creative enough? Does it have coding problems? Maybe I just need to collect more items...

Any Comments Would Be Much Appreciated: Unsolved Mysteries

I do believe it's creative.

What is the unsolved mystery of the Bitten Green Apple though o.O

The layout is very nice. It wraps your item into even more mystery because of the monochrome.

You should remove the UFT NC category.

This is all I have to say at the moment. :P

Nice gallery, and I like the layout too. Good luck for the contest :-)

Maybe you can add some "gift boxes" and things like that in a category. They have some mystery since we don't know what's inside. It's just a suggestion though.

Thanks For You Suggestions Guys! These were great!

@ V: Yeah removed that "UTF NC" category, good idea...and bitten green apples sometimes give worms and sometimes don't...so it's kind of a mystery.

@ May: I KNOW! That's the only problem with this category, it's very limited.

@ Bludolph: Your compliments are very appreciated and no you don't "have" to give feeback, LOL.

@ Ithil: I think I just might add gift boxes. I have some pretty ones that TNT gave us. Good thought!

Edit: I added a gift box category, and 4 or 5 gift boxes. The whole page looks more balanced now cause there are three even columns of categories.

I like the overall layout, it's really simple and clean so your attention is drawn to the items. The black does give a mysterious feel too so the layouts good to go!

As what someone above have mentioned, more items would make your gallery looks more impressive, although as you've said, the items are limited. Still, you can expand the misc. section. ;) Items there depends on how you define your 'mystery' so I guess the category is a lot broader (Stuff like treasure maps?). I think you might want to write a little about that in the introduction if you do decide to expand on the section, so visitors can better understand the 'mystery' within. Don't forget to add the plain white 'Gift Box' to your gift box section too! If you need one, I can send one over :D

Oh and one more thing.. I'd suggest having at least one item in each category before entering the spotlight. If not, delete the category till after the contest. Empty categories do not score well with voters, I think. @_@ You want to wow them with your gallery, so don't give them a reason to be disappointed :)

Good luck! The concept's novel so with some more touchups etc, I'm quite sure you'll stand out in the competition! :D

Ok, listening to your comment and adjusting accordingly:

• I added a few more items. I now have all of the birthday goodie bags and a plain gift box.
  • I deleted the Usukicon bag category, because I don't have any of those yet. I can't afford them :crying:
  • I corrected the spelling/grammar errors, but that's a big weakness so if there are more let me know.

As for increasing the number of categories...

I am trying to get creative and think of new items to add, but the "mystery" of the gallery is that these are items that give other items,

and that you do not know what you're going to get till they're open. Like mystery capsules, which is all that the gallery originally was.

So, the only thing I really have left to add is the Usukicon bags, which I will add as soon as I can afford them, but that's a ways off.

yes!! you should get that picture in the gallery!! its pretty good!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep all off-topic links/images in your signature.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.