Metroid's Comics!

Meeptroid

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*pops balloons* Great job again, Metroid! Exactly how many comics are you planning on making for the penguin quest?

EDIT: I found the lost 2nd comic of the chao. I'm rich! :D

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

The Mario universe is wierd, I know Mario is an Italian plumber but green pipes that magically transport you to other places? o_O What were they smokin'?

Flower power!!

Magic mushrooms!

Is Toad a guy or a girl?

LOL

The Mario universe is wierd, I know Mario is an Italian plumber but green pipes that magically transport you to other places? o_O What were they smokin'?

Flower power!!

Magic mushrooms!

Is Toad a guy or a girl?

LOL

Hrmph. Let's clear this up.

Quote taken from Wikipedia.

Mario (ƒžƒ‚, Mario?) is a video game character created by Japanese game designer Shigeru Miyamoto and is the official mascot of Nintendo.[1] He first appeared in Donkey Kong, though his original name was Jumpman. Mario was originally portrayed with two-dimensional sprites, but in later games he is a three-dimensional, polygonal model. Because of the common reference to him and his brother Luigi as the "Mario Brothers," it has been speculated his full name is "Mario Mario," and in certain non-game sources (comic books and the Super Mario Bros. film), this is the case. However, Nintendo of America had stated in the 1980s that neither Mario nor Luigi have last names.[2]

Mario is depicted as a short, pudgy Italian plumber who lives in the Mushroom Kingdom, where he is regarded as a hero; he is best known for constantly thwarting the plans of the evil King Bowser to kidnap Princess Peach and subjugate the Mushroom Kingdom. He is well known for his plucky personality, enthusiasm and spirit in the face of enemies, unexpected physical agility, and cooperation with his brother, Luigi, and his close relationship with Princess Peach whom he has repeatedly saved. He has an evil doppelgänger by the name of Wario.

As Nintendo's mascot, Mario is the most famous character in video game history,[3] becoming synonymous with video games. Mario games, as a whole, have sold more than 285 million units, making the Mario series the best-selling series ever.[4] He has appeared in over a hundred games, many of them best-sellers. Outside of the platformers with which he is traditionally associated, Mario has appeared in video games in different genres, including the Mario Kart racing series, Nintendo's arcade sports games (such as the Mario Tennis and Mario Golf series), and Nintendo's series of Mario RPGs (including Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, the Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and its sequel, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time). Outside the original games, television shows, film and comics, he spawned a line of licensed merchandise.

Mario made his debut in the arcade game Donkey Kong in 1981. In Donkey Kong Junior in 1982, he was the villain, and in the ending cinematic, he is knocked out (although he is not dead because he is in future games). The games were so successful that he carried over into an arcade spin-off, Mario Bros. in 1983, which boasted a simultaneous two-player mode and introduced his taller yet younger brother Luigi. His next appearance was in Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The game sold over 40 million copies[5] (pack-in copies included) making it the best-selling video game ever, and the game has been ported to numerous Nintendo consoles since.

Overall, Mario games have sold approximately 285 million copies worldwide,[6] with Super Mario Bros. 3 holding the record for most copies of a non pack-in video game sold, selling well over 18 million copies.[7] Mario and his friends also appeared in the later Game & Watch games. Mario has explored almost every genre of video games. Aside from action platformers, he has starred in puzzle games, racing games, sports games, fighting games, role-playing games, and even educational games. He has not yet appeared in a strategy game.

Mario makes use of a wide array of items in most games in which he appears. The most prominent and best known of these is the Super Mushroom, which allows Mario to grow to twice his size. In this form he is usually labeled "Super Mario", and receives an additional hit-point; sustaining damage from most enemies will only cause Super Mario to shrink back down to "regular Mario" size. Mario is apparently stronger in his Super form, too, having the ability to break bricks with his fist (or even head). Additionally, in many games collecting a Fire Flower transforms Mario into Fire Mario and allows him to throw fireballs at enemies (pyrokinesis), and a Starman renders Mario temporarily impervious to harm.

Miyamoto created many of the elements in the Mario world from ideas he had seen in other media. One of his most recognizable contributions to his Mario universe is the Super Mushroom, which enlarges Mario until he is damaged by an enemy. There is also a Poison Mushroom, which is darker than the Super Mushroom and featured in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, and consequently in the western Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Bros. DX. When Mario takes it, he is either returned to small Mario (if he is Super Mario) or killed. The item makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee, wherein it shrinks combatants that touch in, with a resultant loss in power and weight.

These ideas were derived from the "Eat me" cakes and "Drink me" potions in the Lewis Carroll story, Alice in Wonderland, after Miyamoto was forced to shrink the original sketches of Mario because they were too big.[13] The concept behind warp pipes, colored tubes which sometimes transport Mario to another area, was inspired by Star Trek.

*cough* Sorry for the history lesson, I just wanted this to be cleared up (and any other questions)

Mario lived in Brooklyn

Who doesn't like flower power?

Magic mushrooms are pretty cool.

Toad is a boy. Toadette is a girl. Toad just has a high-pitched voice, that's all.

Hi! Who's vivi?

Wow.....I've been missing for awhile...i love the comics though!!!!!!!

...right....well...I've been off too long....

i love all the comics!

Yeah. You have. You missed a bunch. :O

I looked at all he comics that came out when I was off. Go DR. MARIO!!!

Did Mini get in a comic yet? She already picked kirby....

No, not yet. She's at her anuts house for Thanksgiving I belive.

Ahh...Is Metroid here? Has he ran off?

Yep. I ran off to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. Since it's Thanksgiving and all, I'm not sure if a comic will be up. Although there is a chance a Thanksgiving comic may be up.

That would be cool. When do you think you'll be back?