Shenkuu Lunar Temple Puzzle

slimblue13

Hi,

So I read the previous question for the Lunar Temple Puzzle but I'm confused...how do I get the right answer? Please help!

http://www.neopets.com/~Nilakantha always helped me, propose a challange, right click anywhere on the site view source info crtl F Kreludor look at the # next to it then check the site find the number that matches your number, then take that number and look at the pic below for the moon and that is the right one.

Edit: For more words =/

• 5 years later...

this puzzle is utter nonsense, I had to click on the full moon phase to win according to the source code, while the moon was completely hidden behind Neopia and could have never been lit...

this puzzle is utter nonsense, I had to click on the full moon phase to win according to the source code, while the moon was completely hidden behind Neopia and could have never been lit...

If the moon is that way, it actually is a full moon, also in real life. The phase of the moon has nothing to do with its position compared to the position of the earth, it's where the moon is compared to the sun. The earth doesn't block the sunlight. There's always one half of the moon lit, it just depends on what part of the half we can see from earth is lit by the sun. So, if the moon is on the same side of the earth as the sun is, the backside of the moon is lit, and it's a new moon (you don't see anything from earth). However, if the moon is on the other side of the earth then where the sun is, the same half of the moon is lit as that we can see, so it's a full moon. I hope this helped :D

Because of your post I just read this http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases.phtml and indeed, the sunlight is bent around Earth so the moon is lit anyway. I should have known (but hey, I'm a biologist, not an astronomer :P). Really cool however to know how this works :D thanks for your reply :)

Because of your post I just read this http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases.phtml and indeed, the sunlight is bent around Earth so the moon is lit anyway. I should have known (but hey, I'm a biologist, not an astronomer :P). Really cool however to know how this works :D thanks for your reply :)

Yeah, sure, no problem! I learned this in high school, and I remember that I felt just the same as you in the beginning (like the earth blocking the sunlight), and it had to be explaind I think two times before I believed my teacher. Thought I taught someone who had the same problem as I did, so they'd know as well. (Seriously, I didn't believe the guy)

(It didn't help he told me other stuff that wasn't quite true, but this was)

I'm too lazy to use the source code trick and just go like, well, if there's the full moon than THERE would be phase x of the the moon ;x. Sometimes i make a little mistake, but yeah most of the times I'm good.

I never bother with either the code thing or figuring out the puzzle myself... I always select the same moon phase every time, so eventually I get it right. And when I'm wrong it's not a great loss anyway, since all the prizes are junk.