Accents

Mira

what accent do you have? (a voice accent that is) i havean American accent with a bit of Canadian and English accent in it (even though im not Canadian :laughingsmiley: but i am A LOT English)

I don't have much of an accent. I'm New Zealand-born Chinese, yet speak flawless English. The only difference I have is that I sound like I have some sort of permanent cold,due to sinuses(nostril thingys) being blocked by something.

I don't have much of an accent. I'm New Zealand-born Chinese, yet speak flawless English. The only difference I have is that I sound like I have some sort of permanent cold,due to sinuses(nostril thingys) being blocked by something.

do you have an English accent or an American accent?

EVERYBODY HAS AN ACCENT! CANADIANS HAVE A CANADIAN ACCENT! AMERICANS HAVE AN AMERICAN ACCENT! TO YOU, YOU THINK YOU DONT HAVE AN ACCENT BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOT HAVING AN ACCENT!

Geeze, calm down.

I've never really thought about it much, but I guess I have a bit of an American accent, with a bit of Texan. (Texas is cool. We have our own accent.)

I have a well educated american accent. But I'm surrounded by Long Island accents! Some people pronounce the g in Long Island! IT'S HORRIBLE!

Um, well i gues i have a Canadian accent then? :S My English .. seems.. pretty normal. like not the common accent [not speaking english properly]...

Guest �strophysicist

I was born in the US, my father is Russian and my mother is American. With my father around I have picked up a small Russian accent mixed with the Indiana accent. (Yeah, different states have different accents.)

I'm Chinese and I was born in the USA, too. I don't speak with a Chinese accent at all, and I speak both Cantonese and English fluently. However, I do have a southern accent since I was born and raised in the south. North Carolina to be exact. And I DO NOT speak with a red-neck accent. You can really hear my southern accent if I say "hunting" or something like that, or if I get mad.

I live in Wisconsin but I don't really have a Wisconsin accent as such. I take bits and pieces of the way I pronounce things from here and there, depending more on what I think sounds right than what I hear around me. For example just about everyone here pronounces "milk" as "melk"... but I've always said "milk". I wouldn't say I don't have an accent, but I wouldn't know what to call my accent. :laughingsmiley:

yeha i have a bit of a southern american accent, i say the "melk" and "pellow" instead of pillow. believe me i get razzed for it all the time....BTW canadians have an extremely definite accent. i have a bit canadian accent too like saying soda and stuff. i live in mid ohio so that accounts for that...

I'm American, with a kind of southern slang. i don't have the accent, but I say things like ya'll. And, even though I live in Georgia, I have a bit of a western way of speech. Weird...