STILL can't get the waterplant

Spoofehness

I did every combo, and I did that eight tabs trick. and I STILL haven't gotten it. This is WAY worse than the petpet, cause at least that one had some dang organization to it. This is just so dang random... Any ideas?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't curse in any way.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the tDN guide as well, but I got a few things mixed up.

See, I thought that the o's meant that the level/wheel was supposed to be ON, but it really meant that it was supposed to be turned OFF, or vice versa.

So make sure to look at the key carefully.

Also, make sure you do the xxxx and xxxx combo. I overlooked that, and it was a mistake, as my combo was xxxx and xoxx.

Another thing is to set the WHEELS first, and then the levers. Not sure it it makes a huge difference, but it's a big time-saver.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

This is definitley the most aggravating part of the Altador Plot.

I had to go through the plant 3 or 4 times (at least).. I missed one of the most obvious combos with the wheels, which of course ended up being the one I needed.

What I ended up doing was just opening the image from TDN in paint and crossing out a combo once I had done it. It doesn't matter if you interpret x/o as open or closed, you'll cover all combos either way. Just be patient and make sure you've done each combo because it's easy to skip one.

I dont understand anything and the guide isnt being helopful for me, I dont get how to do this....what is it that I have to do, I dont undertand the XXX XOOXOO things I need help please.

Well there's not much help I can give you guys beyond what's in the walkthrough. This is a tough step, and sometimes it pays off if you just step away for a while and try it again when you feel like it. :yes:

I dont understand anything and the guide isnt being helopful for me, I dont get how to do this....what is it that I have to do, I dont undertand the XXX XOOXOO things I need help please.

The water plant has a bunch of valves (wheels) and levers in it. Each valve and lever can be on (x) or off (o). So you need to try out every single possible combination of active wheels and levers until you find the right one. Simple yet excruciatingly painful.

While I'm at it, might I ask for some help in testing a possible alternative way to solve the water plant puzzle? The basic idea is this:

1. Switch everything to on (thus flooding Altador).
  2. When you return to the water plant after the flood, the valves and levers should be in random positions. Invert all of them (if they're off, turn them on, and vice versa).
  3. This should give you the solution.

I have no idea if this works, but if it does, it'll save a lot of trouble, so if anybody wants to try it and report back, I'd appreciate the assistance. If it works for enough people, it might even make it into the walkthrough. ;)