I hate getting sick

Shane for Wax

That's the main reason you guys/gals haven't seen me on here. That and I just got promoted on another site as a moderator and have been devoting a ton of time on there. It is not because I was declined for a job on here lol

Anyways, I've been sick with a lot of different infections that refuse to die. I was even hospitalized for five days cause of it. Blah... I hate getting sick so much.

My immune system is a piece of crap, so I know what you mean. In fact, half three-fourths of my household currently has the swine flu, so I'm downing grapefruit and orange juice every chance I get.

Yeah. My parents bought me vitamins. I actually had to be on IV antibiotics because the oral stuff could not fight the infections I had. They say it's all cleared up, but I'm still having nausea every day and I have these horrid headaches.

I guess I should be lucky, no swine flu. But my grandma, and an aunt have had it.

That sounds horrible though :O you might be better off with just the swine flu.

And taking extra vitamine C doesn't really help, you know ;p. I know a lot of people believe that, but as long as you eat 2 pieces of fruit each day, you don't need any extra's. (Except when you're a smoker or pregnant or.. well other things, but not sick).

I'm recovering from the swine flu right now, I've been sick all week. But truth be told, it wasn't THAT much worse than a severe cold. The only really bad thing is that my tests are up for next week and I haven't been able to study as much as I would've liked (luckily I already studied before I got sick).

I had the flu for 2 weeks recently... Worst ever, seeing I'm having exams now.

Have you guys considered getting the swine flu vaccine? Or just the normal influenza vaccine? Granted, it doesn't mean you're totally immune from the flu, but just a few strains...

I had the flu for 2 weeks recently... Worst ever, seeing I'm having exams now.

Have you guys considered getting the swine flu vaccine? Or just the normal influenza vaccine? Granted, it doesn't mean you're totally immune from the flu, but just a few strains...

Ai, good luck with that.

Nah, even if I hadn't had the swine flu, I still wouldn't. What's the point? I hate needles and as long as I'm not in the 'danger zone' (like babies and people with a disease), why bother?

It's been ten years since I last had the flu, and I've never had a flu shot. I don't plan on starting now. My mum's had a severe allergic reaction to a flu vaccine before, and that's enough to put me off getting it. I know that allergies to vaccines are exceedingly rare, but I don't want to take the chance, considering that H1N1 is really only a danger to people with underlying health problems (even if that person may not know about their other health problems). I'm not really too worried about it. If I get sick, then I get sick. It will suck for a few weeks, and then I will get better.

I had my regular flu shot. My college is actually wanting us all to get the swine flu vaccine asap and also if we even feel a tiny bit sick to stay home. Yeah...cant do that until they remove the maximum number of days you can miss.

I think that the whole swine flu is blown out of proportions. It's a bit worse than a regular flu and it's more contagious but other than that.. it sucks, but whatever.

Though if you're not afraid of needles and you have free time and it's free.. why NOT get the vaccin?

My dad works on Ft. Gordon, and they require all their personnel to get all of their shots up to date. Then the people who need them (the very young, the very old, the immuno-compromised) then family members. So I'm just waiting for dad to say 'ALRIGHT! Time for your H1N1 vaccine. lol

I am nauseous almost every day. It sucks.

• 3 months later...

oh Im sick too!! Its awful. I feel miserable. I do hope you get better though! I've found tea and soup really help. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.