Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

I leave the game sometimes. Yeah...

When Neopets kicks me out, my computer loses internet or gets the lovely blue screen (yes I know it's very dry, what can I do).

Sure, I'm always trying to imagine that the other person is having similar problems.

What I don't understand is, if they quit a 2player game... Does the person really hate getting the silver prize that much? That's not even being arrogant, it's just dumb. They wasted time. Karma will put snails in their pockets... <_<

The only times I "quit" is when the game froze up/bugged out on me, f.e. when minigames won't load properly.

I hit the refresh button but that took me all the way back to start.

Now that I know this, I just wait for the opthers to finish the minigame. It means I won't get points for it, but it's not all about winning.

I just happen to love boardgames ;)

That said, I had a bug today that cheated me out of a gold key. I won, but when I checked my vault it wasn't there :(

Has anyone else had this happen?

I've only played a couple of times, but when I try to play on my home computer it lags an unbelievable amount so I'm forced to quit.

I don't even try anymore. It's unfortunate.

I have problems too, even though I have fairly new laptop. I can't play the mini-games because they're super slow, which gets frustrating. I don't like playing, which is sad because I love board games!

I never quit on other people though. That's just rude (when it's on purpose).

Nope. It annoys the heck out me when people do it to me, so I don't do it to them. Quitting seems really childish...like throwing up the checkers board when someone double jumps you.

Haha, that's such a perfect analogy.

I've only quit once and it was a mini-game glitch. I've only just started playing Key Quest and find it amazingly hard to complete a game because the other player quits so often, so I won't do it to someone else.

If anyone ever wants to play with me, just send me a message. At least you know you won't be playing against someone who will exit halfway through! (And you'll probably win too, since I'm not that good. :P)

EDIT: Also, you might've given up 2 silver keys, but he just lost out on 2 gold keys. At least you had the opportunity to choose whther you want the keys or not. You made his choice for him.

What an interesting way to look at it. O: I never even considered that.

Honestly, being able to report someone for quitting is quite stupid in my opinion. I don't see why anyone would risk their account over one insignificant game. But goodness, the users brought it upon themselves! Yes, "don't punish the majority over the stupidity of the minority" but how else could TNT deal with such a problem? They probably never expected their users to throw hissyfits over losing a game that they'd get prizes from regardless - it's totally inconceivable. But, there are some surprisingly immature people on Neopets, even by, well... Neopets standards.

No, I don't quit, but I don't report people for quitting either. It seems underhanded even for ME, and though none of you know me, let me tell you, that's saying something. They threw a tantrum over losing a stupid game, but reporting would just be me throwing a tantrum over them throwing a tantrum, and if they DID get frozen or suspended or whatever over it, then they'd just throw another tantrum because I threw a tantrum because they threw a tantrum. It's just a stupid cycle that I refuse to take part of.

And by the way OP, regardless over whether they were being "mean" or not, it was still incredibly immature of you to quit on that user. I play that way too - if I don't feel comfortable about my position (which is quite often because random events hate me) then I play every negative powerup that I have on that person to keep them down. I use Rainbow Sticky Hands to steal Rainbow Sticky Hands! It's not an issue of meanness - even if it was, get over it? - it's an issue of being assured that you'll win. If you never even give your opponent a chance, then you're only more secure. Seems logical to me.

I never quit. I never have seen the point in it, unless the other person was cheating, or something. I don't do something that I wouldn't want some else to do to me. There have been some people who have quit on me, while I was in the lead. It gets annoying because you spend 5-10+ minutes of your life, trying to win, and then someone quits, and ruins it all for you. TNT needs to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a bit of a love/hate relationship with KQ.

I play on a very slow computers. Whenever I make boards looking for people to play with, I usually say "little/no minigames. My computer can't handle them without crashing." and most people are understanding, but there are a few that get nasty.

If I disconnect, I make sure to neomail the person/people I was playing with to let them know what happen. I've never purposely quit a game, but I've had tons of people quit on me if I ended up getting good powerups or more keys than them.

Honestly, I'm happy with silver keys. I've gotten about twenty of them and only three or four gold. I get prizes either way. I don't necessarily play to win. I just play to have fun, you know?

I do report quitters and people who try to avoid powerups that I play, though. That's just not fair.

No. When a user bugs me I just add them to my list of people to avoid and finish the game as quickly as possible. It is annoying when someone is winning and they use a negative power-up on you, especially when there are two other people much closer to the person winning than I am .

I don't have that problem much though, my computer always closes Safari when I start to play Key Quest.

I've never quit on purpose. Sometimes my computer shuts down randomly, but then afterwords I apologize to the person playing with me and give them some prizes I once got from Key Quest :D

I absolutely never, never ever quit a game of keyquest. Even if you don't win, you still get a prize, and people almost always volunteer to play again. It takes all the fun out of the game when someone quits. It's like playing checkers with a 5 year old whole slams on the board because he's losing.

"Treat others how you'd like to be treated."

I never quit a game on KeyQuest, and I expect the same from other players. If people quit on me, I'm wary about playing another game with them. However, if my computer decides to freeze, I *always* Neomail the people I was playing with and let them know exactly what happened.

I never quit on Key Quest but I've had plenty quit on me. To me, the person that quit is admitting that they are the inferior player. Instead of quitting, they should practice and get as good as the people they quit on. I get upset because it's just wrong. I'm new here and while I did read the rules, I didn't see anything that referenced other regular websites so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here. But someone told me about a site yesterday where you submit screen shots of your game with the time stamp, proving you got quit on and they post it along with the quitters name. If I'm not allowed to put the link up, then moderator, please delete the sentences in this post related to it.

I never quit while playing because I've had loads of people quitting on me when I was about to win and I know how annoying that can be for someone. However, one time my internet stopped and I automatically left the game. I instantly got a neomail from my opponent saying 'Reported!' which I found to be pretty unfair since I wasn't even given a chance to explain what happened, but oh well! After that I learnt that it's not always a case of someone being a sore loser but just a bad internet connection.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't quit but I have had several people quit because they were no longer in the lead. I don't understand it because I am almost never in the lead, but I keep playing anyway. In almost all cases it is just a matter of bad sportsmanship in my opintion. Then again, I do not only play with friends, so maybe that is where I am going wrong.

Here's my view on this.

If you're in a game with MORE than 2 people, and you're not in a minigame, let the game kick you out. The other two players still get to play, and you're the only one loseing neopoints. Other wise, it's just rude.

So many people have quite on me, it's not even funny. I espeically hate it when they wait until right as you're about to enter the door. Also, I hate it when you're in a game with 4 players, and one decieds he's losing so he'll quite in a mini game, it freezes it for everyone else in the game, and wastes their time.

So, basically- more than 2 players and not in a mini game, feel free to quit. : but, in a mini game or against one player, completely rude.

As for the whole powerup thing, it's whatever. The power ups are random, and I think it's impossible to cheat in an online, multiplayer game. So use all the power ups you can, and also, if you're already losing and they are about to go through the door, and they still use a powerup on you, all well, like you said, you're about to lose, so it really doesn't matter right :D

I still pretty much only play keyquest, it's an easy way to get more than one thousand neopoints and honestly, it's fun :D

I never quit on purpose, because I know how it feels to have it done to you. Of course, I had a couple of times when I got upset because the other player was thrashing me so thoroughly (complete ownage on their parts, either due to their superior connections or skills) that I was a little bit tempted, but every time I continue on to say "Good game!" when they win (or sometimes I even turned the tables around!) because I am not afraid to lose, and I really hate to waste my (and others') time. However, on a number of occasions my Internet have disconnected, real life interfered, there was a bug/glitch - and I do leave the game then. I always try to send a Neomail to explain the situation though.

I try not to quit even when the opponent cheats by skipping their turn when I use GLB on them - and usually I win against those people. :P

Another thing that irritates me, besides quitters, are the vehemently anti-quitters people, who immediately blocks you and reports you before you can explain the situation. Talk about inconsiderate.