Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

today i played Key Quest 3 times.

1: won, got some really cool items(rare book, lab piece, ice negg and zed codestone)

2: first dice roll:5, then that sore person quit:-(

3: second, got some fruit and books i already read

lucky today 'cause they all were strangers.

i blocked that sore person so it never can play a game with me and quit when he/she isn't winning

edit 'cause i forgot something:

sometimes i send a neomail to people who quit why they did and they said that they got problems with their computer,

then i ask them if they want to play again and i let them win, from then they never quit because i let them win and they know(2 steps from door, all 5 keys and then use the rainbow water to change one of you're keys...) it works for me and one of them lives in THE SAME STREET and is now one of my best friends.

i love Key Quest!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on-topic with the discussion of the board.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have only quit once, and that was only due to Safari being buggy and froze up on me. It is just bad sportsmanship to leave when you are losing.

I havent quit on purpose but every once in a while either the game or my computer glitch up on me and terminate the game on. So when the game ends abruptly, even if Im just a few moves from the end I would prefer to think that instead of being a sore loser maybe their computer just gave up on them. Although I wish some people could just be gracious about a loss or too. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I literally only play KeyQuest with my brother. Once upon a time I played with others. It was impossible to win games, to the point I found it questionable how legit half the players were (losing minigames is one thing, NEVER getting any good powerups is completely another). And the cases where I was going to win, they almost always quit. So I only play with my brother now.

I never quit. If someone quits, unless they bother NMing me a reason (Or an actual apology), I will write their name up to my list of people I will not beother to play with *looks at list* It has now 541 UNs. I started doing this 2 months ago. -.-

Saves my time, since I play KQ as my main NP gain, I can't waste my time on people who quit.

• 3 weeks later...

Quitting a game of KQ because your losing is actually against the KQ rules. (So is skipping your turn when you've been linted)

It's also a bad thing for both you AND the person you play against. I happen to know that every so often people are in last place and then get a double key grabber and win! (It's happened to me) the funny thing is, every time I DO win it's because the other person decided to stop playing power ups on me when they got into the lead. So it really wasn't him being a sore winner, it was you being a sore loser. And I absolutely HATE when people quit during a game, especially if it's just because they weren't winning. I have had it a few times to and one time the brat was sheeky enough to say 'Bye-bye!' right before she quit. I couldn't even right an angry neomail to her because she was under 13. DX And I would have, regardless of her age. People who quit, in my opinion, are acting like little children and need to grow up. second place isn't bad and to be frank, I usually get better prizes out of second place anyways. I have won exactly two good items from a gold key -a paint brush and the cheapest treasure map piece. Where silver keys I nearly always get a cookie/purple negg or codestones.

So please. Don't EVER quit a game...EVER!! Everyone gets a prize anyways...

I really can't stand the quitters. It astounds me that the regular posters on the Key Quest neopets boards are so anti-reporting. They're always like "but you never know if it was a glitch on their computer blah blah". Sure, but if you report them TNT doesn't automatically slap a warning on them. TNT can see how many games they have quit in the past and if anyone else reported them, and make a fair judgement.

And if I'm perfectly honest, I find it annoying that people with unstable browsers/internet connections play. Why should I lose out on a key because your browser crashed? Fair enough if it happens occasionally, I think nearly everyone has *had* to quit before due to a glitch. But I see people on the boards saying "I have to quit all the time because Firefox crashed" and I think.. why are you being selfish? Play with people who know your situation, it's not fair to keep quitting on random strangers.

Sometimes I really feel like quitting, like when my opponent is using the lint ball or similar power-ups when they're already far ahead, or when the mini-games aren't working right for me but my opponent is able to play normally. But I don't, because it just isn't right. If someone wants to play dirty then that's a strategy (albeit one I wouldn't adopt) and it's fair.

The only reason I will leave a game is:

1) A glitch freezes it, so it's impossible for me to carry on.

2) The other person skips their turn because I've used a lint ball. That's cheating, and I don't play with cheaters.

I don't quit unless mozilla freezes or kicks me off. I usually neomail the user I died on and ask if they want a re-match.

I have been quit on many times, from sore losers and sore players.

I am one of those players that will use power-ups on you so nasty in the end, if you use them on me first. In essence, It's "Treat others how you'd like to be treated."

oh no, I feel bad for using the "skip a turn" to get rid of the Lint Ball, I figure I'm loosing a turn anyway, so they might has well just used a bottle of quicksand on me.

I for the most part have never bumped into quitters, although I usually just play against my fiance and a few of my neofriends.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quit unless my computer decides to do it for me. I had some computer problems a while back and it would randomly shut off, and ever since then I don't really do key quest anymore. Plus the fact that every time I end up playing its either glitched or people quit. They both annoy the heck out of me since with glitches or freezing you can't do anything about it BUT quit, and with quitters who quit just because the other person is winning is just...annoying!

So yeah, I figure I'll let neopets figure out how to make a mini game WITHOUT freezing and then I'll try it again. :)

I almost always play 2 player so I figure there's no sense in quitting since I'm bound to win a key.

My computer freezes up (I need more RAM) probably 1/10 times I play so I try to take down people's usernames and neomail them after asking if they'd like to play again.

I have never quit a game of keyquest unless my internet decides disconnect.

I hate the people that do quit because it just such of waste of both of our time. They spend a whole 20minutes playing powerups on me and then quit when im 2 squares from finish. I mean, you still get a silver key for losing and it isnt that bad a prize but thanks for wasting 20 minutes of my day.

• 1 month later...
They spend a whole 20minutes playing powerups on me and then quit when im 2 squares from finish. I mean, you still get a silver key for losing and it isnt that bad a prize but thanks for wasting 20 minutes of my day.

I feel the SAME way!! It just gets so irritating! That happens to me so much that it makes me not want to play.

Normally, I don't have trouble with lag. But lately it has been very laggy after like 4 games (in Key Quest) It only started to get laggy for me when the chat box started telling you what happens during the course of the players' turns. (Like: Sammygdog_1 rolled a 4, or Sammygdog_1 recieved the powerup Boots of Flight)

I try to never quit, but if my internet drops I always neomail the player and apologize :)

I had to quit once, before the game even started. I got a phone call and had to be ready to be out the door in 5 minutes, which, unfortunately, is NOT enough time for a game of KeyQuest. The game takes FOREVER, and it's kinda like monopoly, but seriously, I won't quit unless I have a REALLY good reason. Like having to go somewhere that is not my computer. I also try not to start games unless I have the time for them.

I really hate when people use powerups on me if I'm not even close to winning. I feel like the person is just kicking me while I'm down. Also I hate it when a person is about to win, after a very unfair game (like maybe they got 6s almost every role, never landed on a bad spot, and won all the minigames - while I had a terrible time just getting 2 keys), and they say "Good game." If it was a good game, our key counts would be closer. If I'm about to win after an unfair game, I usually say nothing or say "Thank you," both of which wouldn't offend me if I were in the other player's shoes. They need to have non-scripted chat for people who are 18+ or something; I have a LOT to say to people who are being mean.

Also, as a general rule, if I only have 1 or 2 keys, and the other person is about to win, I just let them. I play for the keys, not so much the game, so if I have to add an extra 10 minutes onto the game so that I can get a gold instead of a silver key, it's not really worth it.

Eh, I wouldn't take it hard to hear "good game," after losing. For all you know, it could be there way of saying, "hard luck, mate, but thanks for sticking around."

It isn't right for anyone to quit when they are losing no matter how bad you are losing or what you perceive to be getting attacked ruthlessly by powerups; it's just part of the game. Write down the person's name and note not to play with them next time is all (yes, random people can be played with twice sometime, never know).

The only time it's okay to quit is when you seriously have to go in real life, computer bugs out and it auto-quits you, or other such reasons. I dont think there are any cheat programs for it yet, but I suppose if it is glaringly obviously they are cheating, then by all means quit but don't do it for spiteful reasons ("they are having so much better luck than I; they must be cheating!").

I don't think there is any cheating. I've had amazing luck before, and I'm sure it would seem like I was cheating to the other person, but I wasn't. Although, some people seem to get incredibly high scores in minigames, scores that I've never even been able to get near when my computer is having a good day and the other person is lagging.

Either way, I still wouldn't quit intentionally, no matter how mean the person is being. Even a key lower than silver is still worth sticking around for.

I've been quit on 2 squares away from winning before, so it's definitely something I wouldn't do. Nothing wrong with a silver key, since I usually play 2 player. Plus it's bad karma.

I think I have quit twice on Keyquest, and both were because I had to physically leave the computer. I try to Neomail the other players if something happens and the game ends abnormally... I hate being quit on.

That being said... Keyquest freezes on me so much that I feel like it looks like I'm quitting because I'm losing. I hate that... hence, the Neomailing the players =)

That's unusual, I've played maybe 8 times with strangers, and I've never had anyone quit on me. The only thing that sucks is when my internet slows down and I look like I'm terrible at all the minigames . . .

I play nearly all my games with strangers. Based on my key count, I've played roughly 560 games. I've only gotten seriously bothered by a handful of opponents, and I've had exactly 2 people quit right when I'm a space away from winning. Very frustrating, but these events are few and far between. The problem is that those times are just so bothersome, it makes it seem like everyone who plays key quest must be awful.