Help for Newbies

Robyn

So, I've never done a plot before. I am wondering what to do exactly. I've googled it but don't find the answers really. Should I read the comics, and apparently click on places trying to find something? Is that all there is to it? Or do you read it and try to find other places to go in Neopia to find things? Can you tell me what I am supposed to do to participate other than read the comics and click... I mean, how is that solving anything really, or is there anything to actually solve?

Thanks for any info.

whirlybyrd

This is my first "real" plot as well since I keep missing out on the others due to real life lolz xD

But after a while, TNT will update the news on the next comic and "puzzle" at random times so you have to wait until the next puzzle is ready.

To make it more of a challenge, DON'T read the guides and see how far you can get since I, myself, didn't know about finding the map until someone else said it xD

It'll get trickier in due time so you just have to wait :)

All the help and information you could ever need or want is going to be found right

HERE

There are spoilers though, so if you want to try figuring out the plot on your own

read cautiously and don't skim over the pages information cause there are pictures.

I appreciate the info, but I already have been through all the info I can find on TDN, and googled it and can't really find anyone that just explains HOW things work... like where does it say you read the comics and click through them to find something? I never read that anywhere, just found the spoiler there and followed the link. I never would have known I was supposed to click around the comics to find a treasure from any info I've read. And WHAT else does one do in this game? Can someone explain it? Sorry if i'm just being a major noob, but I just thought if there was a good place to ask my questions, this would be it.

What do you mean what do you do? lol It's a plot. You try to figure out the entire story with whatever they throw at you. You're like a detective, if you will. You get clues along the way, (by reading maps, playing games, solving puzzles, reading comics - whatever they give us) which in turn gives us answers to fill in the holes in the plot (if you complete the task).

Guides are just that - guides. They're not any extensive walk-through with every detailed step. It's easy to assume that most people read the comic. They shouldn't have to advise you to read it because you obviously want to know the gist of the plot you're trying to figure out lol

You've completed the Altador plot. It's the same thing with a different story and different ways of finding out the answers.

In a plot you read the comics. There's an activity with each comic that you have to find and complete. It could be a puzzle, someone you have to beat in the battledome, or something else. Look at TDN's archive of past plots to see what a plot is like.

Ahhhh, well thank you very much. Now I have more of an understanding... look for one thing to do with each comic... that is cool. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. :)

I'm a new user too and I read on the neopets boards that your pet oughta be trained really high in order to succeed. So if our pet is like still under 20, lol, should we just sit this one out?

There's no need to sit out from a plot just because you don't have a good battle pet. The battle part of most of the plots usually only requires a token effort (one or two easy fights), and all the other fights just earn you more plot points to buy prizes.

When I did my first plot (Tale of Woe), my account was only 2 months old, and I hadn't been training my pet for battle. When it was time to fight stuff, I just bought some cheap Battledome equipment, and fought the easiest fights. You can buy a couple of Scarab Rings for a few thousand nps, so don't sweat it. If you need some advice for picking Battledome equipment for this, see the TDN Battlepedia article on basic sets.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a plot newbie too, so I have a quick question - I don't have to do each step in order, do I? I haven't gotten a high enough score yet on Cloud Raiders to get the prize, but can I go ahead and move on to the next step or do I have to get that prize first?

• 2 weeks later...

Read the comics carefully, and click where you think there would be something that could get you something :) Also practice your gaming skills, because TNT has already put out two new games for people to play :)