Neopian Times

Sapphy the Swamp Witch

Just a question to you Neopian Times writers/artists out there - I was wondering how long does it usually take for TNT to accept/reject a held over submission? I have a series being held over right now and (I know this sounds selfish xD) I was hoping it would be published in time for the Halloween issue. Thanks in advance!

That's a question I'd love to hear myself. I think once you're "held over" that means it's technically been accepted. I submitted my comic in about 3 weeks ago, got it held over on the 2nd week and I'm still waiting for another neomail saying if it's going to get in or not.

Sorry I wasn't of much help, but from what I've heard; apparently it would take up to a month to show up in the NT.

It depends really - being held over isn't actually a guarentee of being published, someone told me once it gives you can 80% chance... Once you're held over, its really random xD My first one took a couple of weeks... my second one was submitted for a specific edition (400) so it was held over and published the same week :P I believe Madison had a story held over for over a month (probably longer, I forget) before it was published.

Ahh, OK. Thanks, both of you! Well, my one's really got nothing to do with Halloween, except for one line in part 4 when Dr. Death says "You're not an owner wearing a Halloween suit." Although that scene actually takes place in the early morning...xD. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks!

It depends. I've had two held over. One was taken the next week, the other took about a month and I was really shocked to get the acceptance NM. If it's not taken for the next week, I'd expect to wait till the week after Halloween as it'll be full of holiday stuff. Don't worry, it's pretty unusual for a held submission to never ever get in.

I echo everyone else's words. About two weeks to a month. I submitted one about three/two issues before 400 and it got held over until after 400. My guess it had to do with everyone trying for the avatar. :laughingsmiley:

But don't be distressed, being held over is a good sign. :D Better than a flat-out rejection letter, that's for sure.

Alright, thanks! I wonder if it could still get into the Halloween edition, though? I checked the last few special issues, and the new series very rarely had anything to do with the holiday. (I mean, a holiday is just one day...you can't really write a series of stories on that xD) Well, I'm glad it's held over, and could get published, at any rate. This topic can be locked now. ;)