Anybody else just love the month of October?

-Ryan

This is like MY month for me, I get to decorate outside, get free candy, get parties at school, all my websites have their own parties, must everything about October is great! And, not to mention, it's finally cool enough to go outside for more than 3 minutes! xD

So do you love October? And if so, why? =D

Basically the same as what you said, but it's cooler and the leaves are changing and there is just something captivating about walking down a sidewalk with red and golden leaves twirling and rustling above you and browned, dead ones crunching beneath you.

I like the holidays too, but I love Halloween. Just the fun of it! And you can go trick or treating even when your as old as like 16! xD

And just the fun of hanging out with your freinds on Halloween and actually, anytime really since it's not in the triple digits anymore. xD

I stopped trick-or-treating when I was 12. No one does it anymore, they all go to a friend's house on Halloween. And that's just fine with me. :D

I do. I like to hoard candy. xD

And there's a dude down the street who gives out king size candy bars. :O

Plus my freinds and me are gonna go together and then comeing back to watch horror movies and stuff with the loot. xD

Oh and Elizabeth, I have to agree with you. I love riding my scooter down the street at my grandparents house at a time like that.

October is the end of the late-year release cycle for several Linux distributions I follow (most notably Ubuntu)... so yeah, exciting new software to try! :glasses02:

On the downside: October = end of semester = exams. :(

October is the best month ever.

I now declare it because it's the month I became staff. :P

I really love October because it's the month of the NRL (rugby league comp here) grand final, and the Bathurst 1000 (motorsport race).

We don't celebrate halloween here.

October is my FAVOURITE month!! :D Its my birthday month, as well as my moms, my dads, one of my best friends, my cousins, my uncles ... and lots more ppl I know! lol!! LOTS of birthday parties. Halloween of course (which is my favourite holiday behind prob christmas) -- who doesnt love dressing up and going out and getting free candy (though Im too old to do that so its more ... dressing up and going to halloween parties! :) super fun also)

I just LOVE October..

October is probably my favourite month. I absolutely love autumn! It's my favourite time of year. It's that nice moderate-during-the-day-but-chilly-at-night kind of weather, which I really appreciate before getting buried under snow for 4-6 months. I love the changing leaves and the earthy smells when they all fall off the trees.

In Canada, we have the Thanksgiving holiday in October. I like any excuse to get to have family over for dinner and cook turkey and bake pumpkin pie. Also, Halloween is my favourite day. I love spooky things and getting dressed up in costumes. I also love candy, and I tend to always want to be the person on my street that hands out good candy.

I love October, and not just because it holds my birthday (I'm 20 today :P), but before I moved down to Florida and then over to Southern California, I was a northern girl. Where seasons change, leaves change colors and fall, and there's that distinctive aroma in the air... I miss it, but I definitely still love October ^_^

October and November are my favorite months =D

For October though, gotta love the Halloween parties around, dressing up like something every year xD (last year I wore a kimono), fall break for college (2 weeks!), leaves are changing into pretty colors, and the fact I hooked up with my fiance on this month ^////^ 2 years together on the 20th ^_^

Who wants to have an October party, TDN style? We could have this become the main party board and have a foodfight with stuff like candy, pumpkin seeds, and cookies on another thread since it would get confusing.

Here we could do stuff like show pictures of cool Halloween parties, jacko-lanterns, and neat decorations that we see. Tell ghost stories that we've heard. Alot of stuff. =D

I love october because of Halloween...and the candy *eye flash* +.+ but I don't get any XD, because I hand them out to kids :/ Ah well XD. Still fun though! We get to decorate our house in awesome orange/red colours....my maple tree is also looking great! :D I keept at least 3 leaves per year (pressed into my books).

But yesterday...it was 9 degrees T_T below the avg. temp this year round, so it was REALLY COLD at the zoo.

Every year my street does this thing where you make a goodie basket and put a picture of a ghost and a note in it that says "You've been spooked! Please send 3 other baskets to other people that don't have a ghost picture on their door. Put the ghost picture on your door to let everyone know you've been spooked."

October is my favorite month. I'm not sure why. It seems like the darkest month of the year, though, and that's always a plus (I'm attracted to dark things).

I stopped trick-or-treating when I was 13, so usually I just sit at home on Halloween because most of my friends don't celebrate it.

• 1 month later...

Ahaha, this is the most random thread. And I love it. Because I love October.

I mean, I'm not a fan of Halloween (if you want to dress up, dress up, if you want to eat candy, eat candy, don't wait for Halloween)

But October is beautiful.

The love of my life was born in October.

As were some of my very favorite friends in the world.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Meowy if you have any questions regarding this action.