Do you have an imaginary world inside your head?

-Ryan

So yes, do you have an imaginary world in your head filled with imaginary little people? Do you?

I don't mean the voices in your head that tell you to kill people. Yes, yes I know! Fine! Why can't I tell them? Fine! Er... Because I have no voices in my head. Yup.

Tell meeeeee.

And wow, you know you're bored when you make a topic like this. xD

Edit: I accidentally posted in the wrong area. Can a staff member please move it?

Mine has flying ninja midgets since I saw them in a music video. Kinda cool. Yeah...

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Anything & Everything Neopets’ to ‘Random Chit Chat’.

Laura Land. Rolling fields, flowers, trees, the sky is a pinky-orange, there is a bubbly river, and the sky is short. XD For us short people.

And then aside from me and the birds and rabbits, my Pretend Friends and the Trunks live there. My Pretend Friends are stick figures I've had since I was a wee one, and the Trunks too. The Trunks are miniature treasure chest-like boxes that have little tiny legs and hold all of my imaginary stuff.

:3

XD

I do fandom roleplay. There's a point, when you write and/or rp a lot, that the characters that you write start kind of acting for themselves and you become an outlet for them. This doesn't mean that they're real people living in your head, but everyone I've talked to about this agrees that there's a point at which characters start 'writing themselves.' It's sometimes a surprise where they'll go if you let them. ^^

The game I moderate is actually an AU set in REPO! The Genetic Opera's universe, and while it is developed in the movie, it wasn't developed enough for extensive RP. As such, the city is always growing and becoming more familiar to me so that I can provide a better RP experience for my players.

...So. In short: Yes. There is an imaginary world in my head with little people running around. XD

XD

I do fandom roleplay. There's a point, when you write and/or rp a lot, that the characters that you write start kind of acting for themselves and you become an outlet for them. This doesn't mean that they're real people living in your head, but everyone I've talked to about this agrees that there's a point at which characters start 'writing themselves.' It's sometimes a surprise where they'll go if you let them. ^^

I agree. I rp with both established characters, and Oc's and whoa boy will they take off if they want to @_@

Yeah I have an rp in my head too(besides the flying ninja midgets world)

It's like super Bionicles if you've heard of the Bionicles. There are like different nations and eras within one big universe and there's the good guys who use light powers have Heroes(strongest), masters(Hereos power diveded by 1000), apprentices(being trained by masters), and troops(lazer guns, grenades, all that but no powers).

Then there's the evil duedes with dark powers and the same kind of soldiers but with dark infront of their names. Some are just mind controlled soldiers that used to be on the light side until the dark dudes decided to recruit.

There's like constant war whether air assualts, fortress defences, attack on hostiles, battles over the sea, space battles, or all out war. It gives me stuff to think about when i'm bored. xD

And btw, yes, i'm just that geeky.

My husband's D&D campaign runs rampant in my head when I'm bored. Even though he held it almost two years ago, I still create little stories and postulations about the nations and people involved. I'll try to do alternate history with what happened, consider what happened in the past, what will happen in the future, and sometimes I'll do a "dimension crossover" where players end up in the story or story characters end up in the real world. That's for when I'm really bored, but it's amusing nonetheless. It just has all the flair of a badly written fanfic where the OP takes center stage. This is why it all stays in my head rather than going to paper. ^^;

Same with my thing. I could make an entire 15 season cartoon similar to the star wars type of animation just off of what I can remmeber of my little world.

I have my rivals, Ryan(Hey, I was 8 when I first imagined this world) and Makuta.

The stories of mine really aren't bad, I just can't write a super good story to save my life. xD

Um...my dreams are usually random and something I hope don't ever come true xD (Shaun from Boy Meets World was stalking me and trying to kill me last night in my nightmare! o_O)

I mix pokemon with final fantasy...my own version of the kingdom hearts world in my head teehee ^_^

I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons (and other pencil-and-paper role-playing games) for 18 years. My mind is a vast expanse of imaginary places and people, some of which is entirely my own creation.

When I started game mastering 11 years ago, I had become rather bored with the predictability and bad ecology of the campaign setting created by other people, so I set about designing my own game world. It took months of planning to create a single continent and develop it to the point that it could serve as a campaign setting. I first determined how the physical geography should work (thank you, grade 11 geography!), by adding hills and mountains and making sure that water flowed to lower elevations to reach the oceans. Then I added political borders and major cities and decided on the historical events that led to the formation of countries. My focus then turned to a specific city which I planned to start my campaign in. Finally, I created some significant people - non-player characters (NPCs) - that the player characters would interact with.

Over the course of three years of regular weekly gaming, I developed numerous other important towns and cities, filled with lots of interesting people. Since then, I have begun the development of two other continents and helped my husband to flesh out a fourth continent, in which he ran a three-year campaign.

My character in my husband's game, Baron Aleksandr Masaryk, was the inspiration for my username here. He is a very important facet of who I am - important enough for me to want to be associated with his nam. I have hundred of other characters, both player characters (PCs) and NPCs, floating around in my head, all with names and somewhat distict personalities (though there are several that may have drawn inspiration from the same place *cough*Gambit*cough*).

So, yes, there is an imaginary world (and some alternate realities of the real world), filled with imaginary people, floating around in my head (and on paper, in text files, jpegs, etc.).

yes i do!!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts above 6 words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

in fact i think of it every day!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

YES

If I explained everything about the world in my head it would be very confusing and uninteresting tho. It has a lot of characters (most of which are nameless) and a lot of places. But I have yet to connect them or have any of the... stories in my head make any sense.

I mainly think about that world before bed. Maybe in my dreams but I never remember my dreams well.

I want to get better at drawing so I can remember that world better. Sometimes a forget specific details and it's a little upsetting.

I have a vast desert world in my head. It has huge stony mountains and giant sandy playas that stretch into the distance. There is no life at all on it, but there is an abandoned factory that is decayed and weathered by the wind. The cogs are all stuck with dust and only shadows move inside it. There are also pyramids that rise into the sky but I don't know what happened to the people that built them and the factory. I would assume they all died but I don't know how. I don't have a physical body when I visit, I am more of a floating spirit that hovers and flies over the surface, and lurks in the corners of the factory. I have never been inside the pyramids.

I miss the people on my planet but I don't know how to make them come back.

Luciana, I would like to hear some of the stories from your world.

My head is filled with caves and holes, which were once full of life and light, but now they have disappeared.

My brain thumps with music, and my ears crave for hedphones. :P

My eyes are filled with trees and fields - the scenery outside.

The caves come to life as my eyes droop and my head rests on my pillow. The caves fill with fake light, as I droop into the nightly dreams...

I don't mean the voices in your head that tell you to kill people. Yes, yes I know! Fine! Why can't I tell them? Fine! Er... Because I have no voices in my head. Yup.

:O Are you pschic or something???!!!!! Got really creeped out when I first read that. xD

Lol, well anyway I think about stuff and other people a lot, but I don't really have an imaginary world. Although I make up stuff about me and my friends in my head....a lot...

Yep, I have a fantasy world in my head, but since I'm a writer it's not that unusual. My world basically revolves around one female character, but the characters in my world are so vast I couldn't count them all. The scenery is always changing, from a schoolhouse to the battlefield, to a science lab, to New York, and so on. And the plot is always changing to, but the main plot(s) have never really changed.

I think I first started my world when I was 6. Ever since then, it's never left me, it's just evolved into something much more complex and beautiful. Perhaps one day it will be made into a book (I'm working on that, but there are some major changes that have to be made and a lot of research that will have to be done if that's even going to happen), or maybe it will just stay inside my head.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one with multiple universes in my head (yes, my world is not just a world, it's hundreds of universes!). :D

• 2 weeks later...
XD

The game I moderate is actually an AU set in REPO! The Genetic Opera's universe, and while it is developed in the movie, it wasn't developed enough for extensive RP. As such, the city is always growing and becoming more familiar to me so that I can provide a better RP experience for my players.

...So. In short: Yes. There is an imaginary world in my head with little people running around. XD

I totally know what your talking about in my creative writing class we're given the most generic prompts and the places my characters like to go can get really out there. And Repo! Testify!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would say yes. Not really a world, but tons of worlds where my characters live from the streets of New York to a fantasy world in Netopia consisting of one main continent and the islands surrounding it. I hope one day to write their stories as some of have become more than just ideas in my head and seem like real people with their flaws and all.

I can remember having these kind of worlds since I was 6 years old except then they were much more simple and I used them when playing with my toys :P.