How do malls make money?

descoladan

They're banking on people idly browsing and spending on impulse rather than doing research. I know it works because I do it all the time. XD I get pulled in with an affordable Two Dubloon Coin and end up browsing the inventory just out of curiosity.

They're banking on people idly browsing and spending on impulse rather than doing research. I know it works because I do it all the time. XD I get pulled in with an affordable Two Dubloon Coin and end up browsing the inventory just out of curiosity.

Yea exactly.

Or they aim at the not so very advanced players, who do not know the normal costs of an item.

Most malls have specific things, such as items for a quest or neggs/plushies/toys etc. Sometimes it's the convenience and accessibility that causes their prices to be so inflated. Since you cannot use the SW during a quest, you can have a mall bookmarked.

That's often how or why I use malls, and don't mind paying a bit more since they went out of their way to have certain stock all in one easy spot for me.

And heck yes they make a profit. Buy low, sell high.

Yeah thats how I am. Which explains why I can't understand how they get away with it.

XD It's a perfectly valid marketing strategy, and it's the same one used in real malls. It's just that on Neopets price comparison is much easier; I don't have to drive the half hour between Wallgreens and Wal-Mart to double-check the price on Benadryl when I'm online. It isn't scamming, so I'm not quite sure what it is that they're "getting away with."

XD It's a perfectly valid marketing strategy, and it's the same one used in real malls. It's just that on Neopets price comparison is much easier; I don't have to drive the half hour between Wallgreens and Wal-Mart to double-check the price on Benadryl when I'm online. It isn't scamming, so I'm not quite sure what it is that they're "getting away with."

Excellent way of explaining everything.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts above 6 words. Quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.