I think my side may have been hacked! what do I do?

stephie23

So I logged on to my main on internet explorer, and it said my side (schorchio2side) has been online for 5 minutes, so I went to firefox where I access it from and clicked log out, it remained 'online' on my main (I can see it because I added it to my friends list.)

Nothing is missing so far, I just implemented a pin on the side, but when I tried to change my password I got this weird pop-up...

It says confirm password change

- please confirm which user you are changing the password for

then it lists a series of numbers

on and on till

<>

then it has an OK, Cancel button

also if I hit the cancel button I get

OOPS

Error:

If the explanation below is not enough, there is more help with this error here.

Invalid words or disallowed property names found in your style tags.

display

margin

-------------

Ok so I logged out again (it still shows me as online)

What should I do!? Should I just wait and see what happens..

Wow that's weird. I just tested changing my password on my side.

"Peter the Chia Security Expert says 'Your Password has been Changed!'"

So not a weird popup or anything. Are you sure the site you're logging into is www.neopets.com and not some other address in the browser?

Try this:

I know what's wrong with the display and margin though. Your userlookup isn't working anymore. The simple solution to that is to put '// #y{}' right after the first style tag. You get the error because of the new coding regulations. Try that and then change your password again.

You stay online for a while, after you logout, before it removes you from your friends list. It's not instantaneous.

I'll log onto a side to feed pets, for 5 minutes, and it won't disappear from the friends column for a while. I think it's 20 minutes of being idle? I read it once before, cannot remember.

If you really want to avoid this I suggest using one browser to access all your accounts (log out from your main, then go on your side, then log out from side, the log in to main).

Like people said above, it doesn't automatically remove your side from the friends bar.

If you really think that you have been hacked, changing the password and the pins is the only way.

With a database as big as Neopets must have, there's always bound to be a bit of data corruption. Just in case it was something malicious, it's good that you've changed your password. I'd recommend changing your pin number too, if you haven't already done so. Let us know if anything else develops from all this!

- Apollo ^_^

I got that pop-up thing everytime i changed my password, and i was never hacked. ;D